- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star (mentioned)
- Yeti Krab (debut)
- Yeti Krab's stomach
- Yeti Krab's lungs
- Yeti Krab's heart
Squidward is sleeping at the Krusty Krab while reading Boredom Weekly. Mr. Krabs wakes him up, and they go through a discussion about Squidward's working habits at the Krusty Krab. Squidward believes he has no problem with work, and does not care about what Mr. Krabs has to say. Then, SpongeBob comes out of the kitchen, working by, sweeping and cleaning the windows. He then stretches his body very far from the windows to the kitchen to clean the dishes. While doing this, he continues sweeping with his lower body.
Mr. Krabs is pleased with SpongeBob, and continues to harp on Squidward's work habits, while SpongeBob uses his back to clean the Krusty Krab walls and ceiling. Mr. Krabs tries to have Squidward clean an air duct, but SpongeBob beats him to it, while Squidward continues to sit back, lazily. Mr. Krabs then wants him to clean the gum off the underside of the tables. Squidward, again, refuses, and continues to read Boredom Weekly. SpongeBob, once again, beats Squidward, and creates a huge gum ball, and asks if he can give it to Patrick. Mr. Krabs then wants Squidward to clean a pair of his shoes.
Squidward says no, while SpongeBob cleans them. Mr. Krabs becomes very angry, but sees SpongeBob outside, soaking up water, and washing a boat, making it shiny and looking brand new. Mr. Krabs then tells the story about Yeti Krabs, and how it eats lazy employees, like Squidward. SpongeBob becomes alarmed when he hears the story. Upon telling the story, Mr. Krabs dumps his laundry at Squidward's post, and leaves. Squidward leans back relaxing, while SpongeBob panics.
Squidward thinks the Yeti Krab doesn't exist, and SpongeBob tries to believe him. But to be safe, SpongeBob transforms himself into a washing machine, and cleans Mr. Krabs' laundry on delicate setting. By pulling his nose, and dumping soap flakes in his head, Mr. Krabs' laundry is soon being cleaned.
The time cards "Just then..." and "By sheer coincidence..." appear one after another. The camera zooms close to a mountain where a Yeti Krab appears. He smells the air with anger. He walks to Bikini Bottom, and smashes the city's sign that welcomes visitors into the city. He growls fiercely and becomes very mad. He sucks on a mailbox, but spits it out in rage. He growls and yells at a sunglasses shop, but walks away, not destroying it.
He becomes hungry, and his stomach yells it needs food. Yeti Krabs hollers in agreement. Suddenly, an aroma appears, and Yeti smells it. Upon smelling the Krusty Krab, he runs excitedly to it. SpongeBob is washing tables, when he sees Yeti Krabs, seething saliva out of his mouth. He runs to Squidward's workstation.
Yeti walks up to the counter, but Squidward thinks it is Mr. Krabs in a suit. SpongeBob does not think this. The Yeti screams at SpongeBob and Squidward, flattening their faces. Squidward, still thinking it is Mr. Krabs, sits back amused. SpongeBob becomes more scared of Yeti, and begins to set up places for him to sit. He leans against a table, to find it is very wobbly. Panicking, SpongeBob places many wedges under it, to stable it, and make it Yeti Krabs height.
Yeti is a little mad, so SpongeBob goes and looks at the mustard. It is nearly empty, so he puts more mustard in the container. He puts so much in, it overflows. He slides under Yeti Krabs, and runs into the kitchen. He rearranges all the spices on the rack. Yeti Krabs sneezes, blowing SpongeBob really hard.
SpongeBob bounces off all the walls in the kitchen until he lands unharmed. He is glad that is over with, but looks at the grease trap door. He opens the grease trap, and sucks the grease out using his entire body, and puts it in a barrel. The Yeti Krab sucks on the grease, while SpongeBob shoots extra grease everywhere. He makes Yeti Krabs really mad. Squidward is reading the newspaper, and greasy liquid begins to drip on him. SpongeBob is cleaning the ceiling, and Squidward tells Yeti Krabs, he is annoying, and this has gone too far.
Yeti Krabs yells into Squidward's face. Suddenly, Squidward's newspaper burns away. He becomes enraged, and it shows SpongeBob is welding Mr. Krabs' office door. SpongeBob apologizes, and Squidward tells the "truth" about Yeti Krabs. SpongeBob still does not believe him, and tells Yeti Krabs he is going to continue working. SpongeBob carries toilet paper into the restroom.
Then, he carries paint to paint the Krusty Krab. Next, he creates paper crane napkins. Then, he knits straws, and puts them into a cup. After this, he prepares soap to wash the floor of the kitchen, and uses a saudering tool to smoothen his grill. He then uses his body to clean under the metal sheeting that had a thin crack between it and the wall. Upon doing this, he vacuums all the tables, and even vacuums Squidward's other newspaper away. Squidward yells to SpongeBob, but SpongeBob is stuck in a trance of where he has to work, or Yeti Krabs will eat him.
SpongeBob then vacuums his hat up and runs, though slows down and jumps into Squidward's boat. SpongeBob realizes that there is no more work to do and begins to panic and fear for their lives. Yeti Krabs slashes Squidward's newspaper, and SpongeBob jumps up, begging Yeti to not eat him. Yeti Krabs begins to chase SpongeBob around. Squidward, who is fed up with this game, goes out to the dumpster, pulls on a bucket, stomps his feet into two bags, puts dry cement on his arms, and legs, and puts a mop piece on his head. Squidward runs into the dining room, and yells at Yeti Krabs.
Yeti Krabs becomes very mad, and yells so loud, he blows Squidward backwards, until he hits the wall. SpongeBob, is very scared, for both Yeti Krabs, and Squidward. His brain blows all the air out of it, and he falls backward, unconscious. Squidward is then seen pulling on Yeti Krabs hair on his head, still believing it to be Mr. Krabs in disguise while the real Mr. Krabs returns, and says he is back. He sees Squidward still yanking on the Yeti Krab while obliviously talking to the real Mr. Krabs but after Mr. Krabs points out the obvious to his employee, Squidward panics at finally realizing that the Yeti Krabs is indeed a real thing. The angry Yeti Krabs then grabs the screaming Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and unconscious SpongeBob, ties them up and puts them on the grill, and starts to cook them. Mr. Krabs blames Squidward for the situation, but SpongeBob regains consciousness, and realizes that Yeti Krabs just needs food.
SpongeBob opens a can of Emergency Krabby Patties, he keeps in his shirt. He cooks them with his feet, and serves them to Yeti Krabs. Yeti Krabs is thrilled as well as satisfied, before he gives Mr. Krabs money to pay for the patties, to Mr. Krabs' delight. The happy Yeti Krab walks out of the kitchen, after freeing Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and SpongeBob.
Mr. Krabs is still mad at Squidward for slacking off, and for making the Yeti Krab mad, and gives him work. Squidward refuses as SpongeBob grabs a broom and begins to sweep, and does this as Mr. Krabs tells Squidward to do something.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Micheal Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs complains that Squidward isn't working]
‣ Mambo Fantastico - Gerhard Narholz [SpongeBob sweeping]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Already done, sir."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [walls sparkling]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's very nice, boy, thank you."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob comes out of the vent]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [giant ball of gum]
‣ Mambo Fantastico - Gerhard Narholz [SpongeBob washes Krabs' shoes/Krabs' boat is washed.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Micheal Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm gonna get a full day's work out of you one way or another."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, yeah?"]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr ["For a visit from..."]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz ["...the Yeti Krab!"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Krabs tells the story of the Yeti Krab/"Yes, but that won't make any difference, because of your proximity to Squidward's laziness."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [tub of laundry]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz ["Or the Yeti Krab will eat us!"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Your lack of work is taking on an odor."]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob does Krabs' laundry]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [just then, by sheer coincidence...]
‣ ? [Gong]
‣ Big Bad Giant - Paddy Kingsland [Yeti Krab heads toward Bikini Bottom]
‣ Gargantuan - Harry Lubin [Yeti Krab arrives at the Krusty Krab/Yeti krab roars Squidward and SpongeBob.]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz ["Please don't eat us, Mr. Yeti!"]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Micheal Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob adjusting seats]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Yeti Krab sneezes]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Micheal Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob cleaning the grease trap]
‣ Evil Horror - Harry Lubin [Yeti Krab roars]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I almost feel sorry for the little nimrod."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Yeti Krab roars at Squidward]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - SpongeBob welding rivets
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I can replenish the toilet paper."]
‣ Unknown Track 46 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob makes origami]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Knit straw cozies, clean the soap, re-plane the grill..."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "Have you lost it, SpongeBob?"
‣ Agitation Bridge 5 - Phil Green [Yeti Krab chases SpongeBob]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony [Squidward goes outside to get disguised.]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Squidward disguises himself as a Yeti Krab]
‣ Bloodbath - Harry Lubin [Squidward fights the Yeti Krab]
‣ Gargantuan - Harry Lubin [Yeti Krab grabs all three employees]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Guys, do you hear that?"]
‣ Ripped Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Yeti Krab eats Krabby Patties]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode aired in Greece on July 2, 2013, two years before it aired in the United States. After the episode aired in Greece, it would not air in any other countries for over a year. The episode aired in Germany on March 5, 2015 and it aired in Poland a day later on March 6, 2015. It aired in the USA on March 29, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. before the Nickelodeon series Harvey Beaks, which premiered at 7:15 P.M. afterwards.
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted, Complete Ninth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 21, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.3/10 based on 164 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.9/10 based on 22 votes.
- This was Casey Alexander's last episode. After he worked on this episode, he left the show to work on the Cartoon Network series Uncle Grandpa.
- This was also Zeus Cervas' last episode until "Shopping List" in season 11.
- This episode was produced in 2012 according to the credits.
- The APM track Mambo Fantastico played again after not being played since "Krab Borg" in 2002.
- This was the first episode to premiere in 2015.
- This was the first episode to premiere after the American release of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- The episode first aired in Greece in July 2, 2013. "Kenny the Cat" aired in Greece on the same day.
- This episode was originally set to premiere on November 28, 2014 in the USA at 6:30 P.M. However, the listing was changed and got replaced with a rerun of "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"
- The air date was instead moved to March 29, 2015 in the USA.
- It aired one year after "Kenny the Cat."
- Due to this, the airing between "Yeti Krabs" and "Kenny the Cat" created an entire gap that spanned exactly one year of no new episodes premiering.
- The "Just Then..." and "By Sheer Coincidence" time cards from this episode are the only time in which more than one time card is represented in one phrase in the series.
- There is an actual animal which is often called the "yeti crab".
- When SpongeBob is dirty in the air duct, he looks similar to how he does with Mr. Krabs in "Evil Spatula" after the first explosion.
- This is the second episode to feature welding materials in the Krusty Krab. The first is "The Krusty Plate."
- This is the third episode where Mr. Krabs tells a tale in order to prevent something from occurring. The others are "The Main Drain" and "Face Freeze!"
- This episode marks one of the few instances in which Mr. Krabs calls SpongeBob by his last name.
- This is also the first episode where Mr. Krabs calls Squidward by his last name.
- This is also the fourth episode where Squidward sticks up for SpongeBob, the others being "Pizza Delivery," "Born Again Krabs," and "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- In the Hebrew version of this episode, there are no words on the time cards and title card.
- There is a reference to "The Gift of Gum": SpongeBob cleans the gums under the tables, creating a giant gumball, and asks Mr. Krabs if he can give it to Patrick.
- There is also a reference to "Can You Spare a Dime?" When SpongeBob says, "Squidward and I are as close as brothers!," it refers to the quote "'Cause you and me... we're like brothers, only closer" that SpongeBob says in "Can You Spare a Dime?"
- This episode might take place after "The Gift of Gum" because SpongeBob might have asked to give the giant ball of gum to Patrick as a replacement for Gummy.
- This episode premiered on Amy Sedaris' 54th birthday, 13 years after "Krab Borg" and "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve" premiered, nine years after "Dunces and Dragons" premiered in Asia, seven years after "Nautical Novice" and "Spongicus" premiered, four years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Blu-ray was released, two years after "Sweet and Sour Squid" and "The Googly Artiste" premiered in Greece, and one year after "Kenny the Cat" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Germany 14 years after "Survival of the Idiots" and "Dumped" premiered, 11 years after "Ugh" premiered, and seven years after "Gone" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Poland on Eddie Deezen's 58th birthday, 14 years after "Grandma's Kisses" and "Squidville" premiered, and seven years after "Suction Cup Symphony" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada two years after SpongeBob and Friends: Patrick SquarePants was released and one year after SpongeBob Comics No. 40 was released.
- This episode was paired with "Night Light" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs didn't fire Squidward for refusing to work since he defied an order.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Laziness" to SpongeBob, the latter's eye moves to the right for a quarter of a second.
- SpongeBob vacuums up his Krusty Krab employee hat, but in the next scene, the hat reappears on his head.
- In one scene, Yeti Krab's nose is white instead of red.
- When SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are on the grill, Mr. Krabs' eyelashes are gone for a few seconds.
- On the iTunes caption, they spell the word, "Krab" in "Yeti Krab" as "Yeti Crab" (with a "C" instead of a "K.")
- Also, when Mr. Krabs says "Ciriciriculars" to Squidward, the iTunes caption misspells it as "ciriculars."
- Squidward losing his newspaper.