|“||Oh, boo-hoo! Let me play a sad song for you on the world's smallest violin.||”|
The world's smallest violin is essentially a regular violin except it is much smaller than a normal one. Despite its size, it still sounds just like a regular-sized violin. The song played on the violin is "Woe is Me!," but nearly double the speed.
Role in episode
The violin is played a second time after Mr. Krabs hears Squilliam falsely telling Squidward that he was a cashier too.
The violin is played one last time right at the end of the episode when Mr. Krabs appears by a saddened Squidward. The latter replies by saying, "Would you get out of here?!"
- Mr. Krabs playing the world's smallest violin has some hits on YouTube, such as remixes and longer versions.
- Mr. Krabs playing this violin might be a reference to the TV series M*A*S*H, where Mj. Margaret Houlihan rubs her thumb and forefinger together and asks "Charles, do you know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin, and it's playing just for you." and the movie Reservoir Dogs when Mr. Pink is arguing about tipping the waitress, and he says "You know what this is? The world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses."
- Judging by the scale measurement to Mr. Krabs, the violin is approximately a third of a centimeter, making it truly the world's smallest violin. However, if it were real, it would be much more challenging to play, and would play at a much higher frequency.
- This scene entirely might be referencing a type of crab called a fiddler crab, as Mr. Krabs is a crab playing a violin, which is much like a fiddle.
- According to the fans, the violin might belong to Plankton given how tiny it is.
- The first time the violin is shown, it is microscopic and can only be seen when zooming in at Krabs' claw. The second time the violin is shown, it is much bigger.
|List of musical instruments (V • E)|