- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Ned and the Needlefish (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Tina Fran
- Nat Peterson
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Davy Jones (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Abigail Marge
- Jimmy Gus
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Record Executive (debut)
- Monroe Timmy
- Miss Rechid
- Martha Smith
- Old Man Jenkins (Wheelchair; Fat)
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Susie Rechid
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Construction Foreman (green)
- Construction worker
- Popeye Fish
- Debbie Rechid
- Baby Rechid
One day, on the Ned and the Needlefish tour bus, Ned comes out of the backroom and has a 6 layered wig (with ribbons) on. His bandmates tease him and one accidentally chucks the wig out the window playing monkey in the middle with the drummer. He looks out the window as it flies away, right as SpongeBob SquarePants is taking a walk. It hits him in the face and he falls on the ground. As he gets up, he notices it's a wig and goes to Patrick's house. Patrick thinks it's a "brain eating alien," and rubs it (and SpongeBob) forcefully on his rock. SpongeBob yells at him and Patrick puts him down. When Patrick chews part of the wig off because he thought he was wearing a cotton candy hat. SpongeBob tells Patrick that he's wearing a wig, causing him to laugh hysterically and then looks at his watch, he says it's time for his weekly condiment soak. Later, SpongeBob walks to work with tons of fish laughing at him, as he thinks they're laughing "with" him, when they were actually laughing at him. SpongeBob then thinks his wig is making everybody in a good mood.
SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab and wakes Squidward up, asking Squidward if he notices anything different about him. Squidward says he doesn't, to which SpongeBob says he's wearing a wig. He goes into the kitchen and makes some Krabby Patties, while scratching his wig, causing a lot of wig hair to fall on the meat patty. Some customers try the new recipe and aren't satisfied. All of them leave and Mr. Krabs notices. He tells SpongeBob to wear a hairnet or he leaves for the day. Sandy walks in the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob is delivering food. She is about to ask SpongeBob about Karate practice, takes one look at him, and laughs her head off. The customers at the Krusty Krab are laughing at SpongeBob's new wig when he still thinks they're laughing with him. When he thinks they're all starting to get jealous, he walks backwards into the kitchen and tells Squidward that he'll be in the kitchen if he needed him, who tells SpongeBob to hide his shame.
Meanwhile, Ned's band are in a record dealers place, where their manager fires them because Ned's baldness, causing himself and his band's career going downfall.
That night, the Krusty Krab closes before SpongeBob goes home, when he's moping the floor using his wig. Squidward thinks it's as functional as SpongeBob's brain, to which he takes as a compliment, but Squidward tells him it wasn't a compliment, and that the entire town has been laughing at him. SpongeBob doesn't get his point, and still thinks he looks cool in his wig, but Mr. Krabs tells him to stop wearing the wig to work and tells him to not come back until he stops wearing it.The next day, Sandy walks to SpongeBob's house talking about how she couldn't talk to SpongeBob yesterday because she was laughing too hard. She knocks on the odd double sized door and sees SpongeBob still wearing the wig on with a stupid grin, she tells him they should talk. As they are walking through Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob is talking about how his wig brought so much attention. They go in The Reef (movie theater) and watch a movie about wigs. SpongeBob sits in the front row and a lot of sea fish yell at him because the wig blocks the entire screen. SpongeBob turns around and tells the Bikini B to pay attention to the movie and also tells them that is no need to start a riot because his wig is "glamorous and exciting", which gives them the idea to do so. The fish starts chasing SpongeBob and Sandy out of the movie theater.
In the next scene, SpongeBob and Sandy walking through fields, where SpongeBob finally realized how embarrassed he was with the wig. He lets go of the wig and it flies away.
Then Ned is walking through Bikini Bottom screaming stuff about how his career is ruined. The wig then stuffs in his face and Ned realizes it's his old one, causing him to scream, "YES! Victory is mine!"
SpongeBob is down, walking through Bikini Bottom and seeing all these fish with Ned's wig. He walks up to a fish that teased him the other day and complains. He tells SpongeBob to look at a giant sign that says Ned and the Needlefish, and the whole band is wearing the wig. He then realizes that he was cool before anyone else. Patrick then walks by SpongeBob and he's relieved that Pat's not wearing a wig. He lifts his arm and SpongeBob sees mini wigs attached to his armpit. Patrick lets SpongeBob borrow one, but says to wash it before he returns it and the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Weird Bridge - Roger Roger [wig flying through air]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["I'm ready!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What is this?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["It's a wig!"]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [Patrick attacks SpongeBob]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick eats part of the wig]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone making fun of SpongeBob]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What in Davy Jones' Locker is on your head, son?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Please let me keep it, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Sandy laughing at SpongeBob]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr [exterior of Bigshot Records/Transition to next scene]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob mopping the floor with his wig]
‣ Sleazy Sax - Richard Myhill ["Hello, handsome!"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["SpongeBob, your head is twice as large as before!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What do you think?"]
‣ Bittersweet Memory - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's true, Tom."]
‣ Savage Episode - Len Stevens [SpongeBob's wig blocking the screen]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob lets go of his wig.]
‣ ? ["Where am I gonna get some hair?"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Can it be? It is! My wig!"]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr ["Yes! Victory is mine!"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone wearing wigs]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Wigs, wigs, they're everywhere!"]
‣ Unknown Track 26 - Nicolas Carr [Ned and the Needlefish billboard]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Whale of a Birthday, Season 4 Volume 2, Complete Fourth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of February 1, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 264 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.2/10 based on 118 votes.
- This episode aired in Germany on September 30, 2006, before it aired in the USA.
- This episode was available on the Whale of a Birthday DVD before it aired on American television.
- At the Best Day Ever Online Poll, #13 has a picture of SpongeBob wearing the wig from this episode.
- During the movie scene, Scooter quickly goes from being a doorman to an audience member.
- After SpongeBob gets chased by the angry mob, if one looks closely at the two doormen at the theater, they'll see that the doormen are Nat Peterson and Dave.
- In the scene where SpongeBob and Sandy walk in the fields, one can see that as they walk up toward the cliff, Sandy's tail isn't present anymore for the rest of the episode.
- This is the second time the whole town has worn a specific type of head gear. The first was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, when everyone wore Plankton's "bucket heads."
- The closed-captions performer is the WGBH Media Access Group in this episode.
- In Greek, this episode is called "Η περούκα which means "The Wig."
- This is the last time that the associated production music track "Stack of Leis" plays.
- At the Radio Dealer's Place, the Needlefish blame Ned for losing their and his job, even though it was their fault for throwing out his wig.
- The title is a parody of the saying "Lovestruck" or "Starstruck."
- When the members of Ned and the Needlefish start teasing Ned with his wig by catching Ned's wig, they say "Hot potato, catch!" Hot Potato is a famous party game, and is also the name of a song by The Wiggles.
- Two film posters are seen when SpongeBob and Sandy are going in and out of the movie theater; "My Hair Lady" and "From Hair To Eternity" - parodies of the 1964 film My Fair Lady (film) and the 1953 film From Here to Eternity, respectively.
- SpongeBob going into the theater and it showing three silhouettes is a reference to the Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- The scene with SpongeBob's wig blocking the movie screen is a reference to a 1974 Sesame Street segment where Bert and Ernie go to the movies until a lady enters wearing a tall hat that blocks the screen.
- When this episode is listed on Time Warner Cable, the episode title is misspelled as "Wigstuck."
- This also happens on Comcast airings.
- Patrick eats a part of SpongeBob's wig. But when SpongeBob goes on, his wig is full again.
- SpongeBob doesn't seem to know that the people of Bikini Bottom are laughing at him, but in some earlier episodes ("Grandma's Kisses," "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic," and others) SpongeBob is embarrassed when people laugh at him.
- TV descriptions state SpongeBob found a wig from the garbage, but he never did.
- When SpongeBob gives Squidward the hair patty, the kitchen window narrows immensely.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|