- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Ned and the Needlefish (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 15
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 47
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Davy Jones (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 6 (named John)
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 49
- Milo J. Fingerfish (debut)
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 81
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 86
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 90
- Construction foreman (green)
- Construction worker
- Sailor fish
- Incidental 104
- Purple baby
One day, on the Ned and the Needlefish tour bus, Ned comes out of the backroom and has a six-layered wig on. His bandmates tease him, and one accidentally chucks the wig out the window while playing Hot Potato with the drummer. He looks out the window as it flies away, right as SpongeBob is taking a walk. It hits him in the face and he falls on the ground. As he gets up, he notices it's a wig and goes to Patrick's house. Patrick thinks it's a "brain eating alien," and rubs it forcefully on his rock. SpongeBob yells at him and Patrick puts him down. When Patrick chews part of the wig off, because he thought he was wearing a cotton candy hat. SpongeBob tells Patrick that he's wearing a wig, causing him to laugh hysterically. He then looks at his watch and says it is time for his weekly condiment soak. Later, SpongeBob walks to work with tons of fish laughing at him, but he thinks they're laughing "with" him. SpongeBob then thinks his wig is putting everybody in a good mood.
SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab and wakes Squidward up, asking Squidward if he notices anything different about him. Squidward says he doesn't, to which SpongeBob says he's wearing a wig. He goes into the kitchen and makes some Krabby Patties, while scratching his wig, causing a lot of wig hair to fall on the meat patty. Some customers try the new recipe and aren't satisfied. All of them leave and Mr. Krabs notices. He tells SpongeBob to wear a hairnet or he leaves for the day. Sandy walks in the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob is delivering food. She is about to ask SpongeBob about Karate practice, but then takes one look at him, and laughs her head off. The customers at the Krusty Krab are laughing at SpongeBob's new wig when he still thinks they're laughing with him. When he thinks they're all starting to get jealous, he walks backwards into the kitchen and tells Squidward that he'll be in the kitchen if he needs him, who tells SpongeBob to hide his shame.
Meanwhile, Ned's band is in a record dealers place, where their manager fires them because of Ned's baldness, causing himself and his band's career going downfall. That night, the Krusty Krab closes before SpongeBob goes home when he's mopping the floor using his wig. Squidward thinks it's as functional as SpongeBob's brain, to which he takes as a compliment, but Squidward tells him it wasn't a compliment, and that the entire town has been laughing at him. SpongeBob doesn't get his point, and still thinks he looks cool in his wig, but Mr. Krabs tells him to stop wearing the wig to work and that if he doesn't, he would just get out of his job entirely.
The next day, Sandy walks to SpongeBob's house, talking about how she couldn't talk to SpongeBob yesterday because she was laughing too hard. She knocks on the odd double-sized door, and when she sees SpongeBob still wearing the wig on with a stupid grin, she tells him they should talk. As they are walking through Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob is talking about how his wig brought so much attention. They go to The Reef (movie theater) and watch a movie about wigs. SpongeBob sits in the front row and a lot of sea fish yell at him because the wig blocks the entire screen. SpongeBob turns around and tells the Bikini Bottomites to pay attention to the movie and also tells them that is no need to start a riot because his wig is "glamorous and exciting," which gives them the idea to do so. The fish start chasing SpongeBob and Sandy out of the movie theater.
In the next scene, SpongeBob and Sandy are walking through fields, where SpongeBob finally realizes how embarrassed he was with the wig. He lets go of the wig and it flies away.
Ned is then seen walking through Bikini Bottom, screaming about how his career is ruined. The wig then stuffs in his face and Ned realizes it's his old one, causing him to rejoice. SpongeBob is down, walking through Bikini Bottom and seeing all these fish with Ned's wig. He walks up to a fish that teased him the other day and complains. He tells SpongeBob to look at a giant sign that says Ned and the Needlefish, and the whole band is wearing the wig. He then realizes that he was cool before anyone else. Patrick then walks by SpongeBob and he's relieved that Patrick's not wearing a wig. He lifts his arm and SpongeBob sees mini wigs attached to his armpit. Patrick lets SpongeBob borrow one, but the episode ends with him saying to wash it before he returns it.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's manual of style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Ned and the Needlefish - Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Weird Bridge - Roger Roger [wig flying through air]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["I'm ready!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What is this?"]
• Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["It's a wig!"]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [Patrick attacks SpongeBob]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick eats part of the wig]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone making fun of SpongeBob]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["What in Davy Jones' Locker is on your head, son?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill ["Please let me keep it, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Sandy laughing at SpongeBob]
• Wig Struck - Nicolas Carr [exterior of Bigshot Records/Transition to next scene]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob mopping the floor with his wig]
‣ Sleazy Sax - Richard Myhill ["Hello, handsome!"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["SpongeBob, your head is twice as large as before!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What do you think?"]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [At The Reef]
‣ Bittersweet Memory - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's true, Tom."]
‣ Savage Episode - Len Stevens [SpongeBob's wig blocking the screen]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [Sandy tells SpongeBob to get rid of his wig.]
• Wig Struck - Nicolas Carr ["Where am I gonna get some hair?"]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Can it be? It is! My wig!"]
• Wig Struck - Nicolas Carr ["Yes! Victory is mine!"]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone wearing wigs]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen ["Wigs, wigs, they're everywhere!"]
• Wig Struck - Nicolas Carr [Ned and the Needlefish billboard]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Whale of a Birthday, Season 4 Volume 2, SpongeBob StarPants, Nickelodeon Hot Picks!, First 100 Episodes, Slimy Dancing, The Super Celebrations, Two for one with Nickelodeon! volume 2, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Triple Pack 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 6, Complete Fourth Season, From the Beginning, Part 2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, 2-Season TV Pack, Big Hits: Volume 1, The Third & Fourth Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode and "Bummer Vacation" were nominated for an Emmy at the 2007 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less Than One Hour).
- The info for this episode on TV guides and the Whale of a Birthday DVD states that SpongeBob found a wig in the trash. However, the wig was actually flying through the air smacking him in the face.
- This episode was available on the Whale of a Birthday DVD, released on October 31, 2006, 17 days before it aired on American television.
- On the Best Day Ever marathon Online Poll, #13 has a picture of SpongeBob wearing the wig from this episode.
- Irony: The Needlefish berate Ned's baldness getting them fired, when it was really their fault for losing his wig in the first place.
- This episode marks the final usage of the APM track "Stack of Leis" for 12 and a half years, until it returned in the season 12 episode "Stormy Weather."
- In the Greek dub, this episode is called "Η περούκα," which translates to "The Wig."
- This episode's title is a pun on the word 'starstruck', with 'wig' replacing 'star'.
- The other members of Ned and the Needlefish play Hot Potato with Ned's hair.
- Two film posters are seen when SpongeBob and Sandy are going in and out of the movie theater; "My Hair Lady" and "From Hair To Eternity" - parodies of the 1964 film My Fair Lady and the 1953 film From Here to Eternity, respectively.
- Patrick eats a part of SpongeBob's wig, but in the next shot, his wig is full again.
- When SpongeBob gives Squidward the hair patty, the kitchen window narrows immensely.
- When the crowd chases after SpongeBob and Sandy, Incidental 6's shirt is pink instead of purple.
- In the scene where SpongeBob and Sandy are walking in the fields, one can see that as they walk up toward the cliff, Sandy's tail isn't present anymore for the rest of the episode.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|