- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 168 (debut)
- Incidental 160
- Zookeeper (debut)
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 42
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 103 (cameo)
- Incidental 45 (cameo)
- Incidental 40
- Male judge (cameo)
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 28
- Incidental 158
- Zoo animals (debut)
- Bubble zoo animals (debut)
- Elephant bubble
- Duck bubble
- Bubble hippo
- Bubble goat (debut)
- Bubble sea monkey (debut)
- Bubble parrot (debut)
- Bubble penguins (debut)
- Bubble rooster (debut)
- Bubble ostrich (debut)
- Bubble pig (debut)
- Bubble piranha (debut)
- Bubbles Rabbit (debut)
- Bubbles lion (debut)
- Bubble crocodile (debut)
- Bubble flamingo (debut)
- Bubble birds (debut)
- Bubble giraffe (debut)
- Rhinoceros bubble (debut)
- Frogfish bubble (debut)
- Seal bubbles (debut)
- Bubble sea monster (debut)
- Bubble zebra (debut)
- Anteater bubble (debut)
- Bubbles hyena (debut)
- Bubble sloth (debut)
- Armadillo bubble (debut)
- Bubbles turtle (debut)
- Bubble baboon (debut)
- Bubbles bear (debut)
- Bubble tiger (debut)
- Bubble snake (debut)
- Bubbles Deer (debut)
- Bubbles Horse (debut)
- Bubble Camel (debut)
- Bubble Water Buffalo (debut)
- bubbles sheep (debut)
- bubble Gray Langur (debut)
- bubble Porcupine (debut)
- bubble Frog (debut)
- bubbles cow (debut)
- bubble Kangaroo (debut)
- bubbles wolf (debut)
- bubble Donkey (debut)
- bubbles Lemur (debut)
- bubbles Chameleon (debut)
- bubbles Gorilla (debut)
- bubble Gazelle (debut)
The episode begins with SpongeBob playing with the zoo animals at the Bikini Bottom Zoo until the zookeeper stops him from doing so and puts an ankle alarm on him to prevent him from going into the animal enclosures. SpongeBob tries to evade this by keeping the foot with the ankle alarm outside the enclosures, but this fails and he along with Patrick gets kicked out of the zoo.
SpongeBob is crying on Patrick's rock until he gets the idea of building a after creating a snot bubble. They create many bubble animals as well as the zoo itself using Extra Strength Bubble Soap. The zoo is visited by many people and it's a success.
Meanwhile, Squidward wakes up from his nap and goes outside, only to get trapped inside one of the bubble animals. After he is released, one of the bubble animals eats his clothes, causing Squidward to panic and pop the entire bubble zoo. The bubble animals get angry at SpongeBob and at the same time, invade the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket.
While SpongeBob and Patrick are cornered by the bubble animals, the former calls the animals from the real zoo to defeat the bubble animals. The animals come and the bubble animals get scared by the sea monster, causing them to hide in the Extra Strength Bubble Soap canister. The episode ends with the zoo manager letting SpongeBob back in the zoo for bringing back his animals as well as bringing new, bubble animals, as the episode ends.
- The bubble goat eating people's pants.
- The bubble rhinoceros poking his sharp horn into Squidward's nose.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Old Hilo March - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
• African Savanna - Nicolas Carr [Opening at the Bikini Bottom Zoo]
‣ Zoo Doings - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob getting into the zoo's animal enclosures]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Zoo manager puts an ankle alarm on SpongeBob's foot to alert if SpongeBob sneaks into animal enclosures]
‣ Playful Activity - Bernard Ebbinghouse [SpongeBob sneaks into an animal enclosure leaving his foot outside to not being alerted]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["That's it! You are banned from the zoo! Get out! OUT I SAY!!!"]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick appears at the monkey enclosure and leaves the zoo with SpongeBob]
• Unknown Hawaiian Sting - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crying at Patrick's rock]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Snot bubble comes from SpongeBob's nose, giving him an idea]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob blows three different bubble animals]
‣ Five More Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob brings a big container of extra strength bubble soap]
‣ Exit Right - David Lindup [SpongeBob blows a bubble penguin]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 34 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob continues blowing bubble animals]
‣ Toad in the Hole - Harold Smart [Different bubble animals are created]
‣ Happy-Go-Lucky - Ernest Tomlinson [Bubble Zoo is created and Bikini Bottom citizens enter on it]
• The Baby Whale Walk - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob trying to feed the bubble sea monsters]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Audience cheers]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward wakes up from his nap and comes outside his house]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward screams from inside the bubble sea monster]
‣ Slap and Tickle - Roger Roger ["Hey, Squidward! I see you're playing with my sea monsters."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [Bubble egg with Squidward inside]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["And Squidward is reborn!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Bubble goat rips off Squidward's clothes, leaving him in underwear]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [All bubble animals escape from Bubble Zoo and run away]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene]
‣ My Reason - Joel Rayner, Helen Shields [Bubble animals invade the Krusty Krab]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Bubble penguins invade the Chum Bucket while the rest of bubble animals corner SpongeBob and Patrick threateningly]
‣ African Adventure - Peter Hope [Animals from Bikini Bottom Zoo arrive where the bubble animals are and make them dissapear]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield ["You guys saved our lives!"]
‣ Playful Activity - Bernard Ebbinghouse [Ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Twelfth Season DVD.
- This episode was originally going to be titled "Zoo Are You."
- The plot for this episode is similar to "Bubbletown" as both episodes involve a place made entirely out of bubbles.
- The background of the title card consists of zoo cage bars.
- This was the first 11-minute episode to premiere in 2020 and the 2020s decade, as well as the first episode to be made in that year.
- This episode was paired up with "Biddy Sitting" during the original American airing.
- Ironically, both of these episodes are about SpongeBob and Patrick making their own business.
- Both episodes also use the track "Happy-Go-Lucky."
- This was paired with "Feral Friends" during the SpongeBob Code-Catcher Challenge.
- This was the last episode with any involvement from Adam Paloian. However, he did not direct this episode.
- The "Species Unknown" area from "The Thing" can be seen in this episode.
- Some of the bubble animals shown in this episode have appeared previously. They are as follows:
- The Extra Strength Bubble Soap is similar to the Jumbo Bubble Fun from "It Came from Goo Lagoon" as both are giant bubble canisters.
- A pencil that resembles the Magic Pencil from "Frankendoodle" and "Doodle Dimension" is among the many items seen in the live-action close-up of Old Man Walker's box.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob produces a snot bubble. The first is "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- Squidward wears underwear in this episode when he regularly does not even wear pants. However, he wore them underneath his farmer's uniform which doubled as regular pants.
- When this episode premiered in the UK and Ireland, an image from its sister episode "Kwarantined Krab" was accidentally shown at the end.
- The title card's background has a similar color scheme to its sister episode "Kwarantined Krab."
- This is the last season 12 episode to air in the USA without getting leaked in another country.
- The Latin American title is called "Bob en el Zoologico" which means "SpongeBob in the Zoo" in English.
- At the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob yells like Tarzan.
- The See 'n Say pull-string toy produced by Mattel is referenced in the scene where SpongeBob identifies the zoo animals and they make noises similar to the animals on the toy.
- The episode title is a play-on-word of "Who R U?/Who Are You?"
- When SpongeBob pets the zoo monster, the spiked ball on its antennae is red, but when the monster scares the bubble animals near the end of the episode, the ball is purple.
- When SpongeBob lets a kid inside of the Bubble Zoo, his eyelashes are missing.
- The Krusty Krab is thinner than usual in this episode.
- When SpongeBob is about to get on the Bubble Giraffe, his shirt turns yellow for a frame.
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/APalavraDeNetuno/photos/a.487211324719911/2783835648390789/
- ^ https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/articles/spongebob-squarepants-and-patrick-star-best-besties-ever-marathon-on-nickelodeon-305/
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20210203222954/https://www.telsu.fi/paavo-pesusieni/5
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456
- ^ https://natashamaeweir.wixsite.com/portfolio/spongebob-squarepants
- ^ https://nickstory.fandom.com/wiki/February_25,_2021
- ^ https://twitter.com/adampaloian/status/1226269969651920896
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1227365693063974912