- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Bikini Bottomites
- Ryan Timmy's sister (debut)
- Ryan Timmy
- Zookeeper (debut)
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Dave Frank Percy Isabelle Harold Scooter
- Old Man Walker
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Monroe Timmy Billy (cameo)
- Shubie Peterson (cameo)
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Male judge (cameo)
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 28
- Billy (brown fish)
- Zoo animals (debut)
- Bubble zoo animals (debut)
- Elephant bubble
- Bubble hippo
- Bubble goat (debut)
- Bubble sea monkey (debut)
- Bubble penguins (debut)
- Bubble rooster (debut)
- Bubble pig (debut)
- Duck bubble
- Bubble piranha (debut)
- Bubble flamingo (debut)
- Bubble birds (debut)
- Bubble giraffe (debut)
- Rhinoceros bubble (debut)
- Frogfish bubble (debut)
- Seal bubbles (debut)
- Bubble sea monster (debut)
The episode starts off at the zoo, where SpongeBob is shown to have rescued Timmy's sister and her ball from inside a sea tiger. He tells Timmy about this news and brings his sister back outside the pen. SpongeBob starts going around the zoo to different animals, imitating the noises they make wrongly. Eventually he lands on the zoo manager, about to imitate what he says. However, the manager ends up getting angry at SpongeBob as he had repeatedly told him to stay out of the animal enclosures, but he hadn't listened. He says SpongeBob could get seriously injured, but SpongeBob disagrees with him as he believes the animals are cute. This makes the manager put an ankle alarm on SpongeBob that causes the zoo's alarm to go off if he decides to go into the animal enclosures. The next scene, SpongeBob is sad that he cannot interact with the animals, but then comes up with the plan to go into the enclosures by stretching his body to the animals while keeping the leg with the ankle bracelet outside. He is able to interact with the giraffe for a small time before the zoo manager finds out that SpongeBob is doing this and tries to get him out. The other zoo animals attempt to stop the zoo manager from pulling away SpongeBob but they fail to do so. The zoo manager gets extremely angry with SpongeBob due to violating the rules of the zoo and tells him he's banned from the zoo. Patrick, who was inside one of the animal enclosures, tells the zoo manager that if SpongeBob gets kicked out, he will go out too, so the two leave the zoo together.
In the following scene, SpongeBob is seen crying on Patrick's house due to being banned at the zoo, while Patrick comforts him. Patrick says that the zookeeper was very mean and that SpongeBob should create his own zoo. SpongeBob thinks this idea is lame, but once he creates a bubble out of his snot, he and Patrick comes up with the idea to create a bubble zoo. The two start creating the zoo, and blow up some bubble animals. Patrick gives them names, but accidentally pops them in the process. SpongeBob tells Patrick that he has Extra Strength Bubble Soap that will make the job easier, and the two eventually create the zoo. Many Bikini Bottomites come to the zoo, with SpongeBob and Patrick letting in all people, as long as they have a smile on their face and don't have any sharp objects. SpongeBob starts playing with the animals while also showcasing the animals to the visitors, and Patrick joins the fun as well.
Meanwhile, Squidward is napping peacefully in his couch. He wakes up, gets his farming attire and walks out his house, only to get eaten by a bubble sea monster. SpongeBob sees Squidward and acknowledges that he's playing with the animals, but Squidward asks him to get him out of the bubble sea monster. After hearing this command, SpongeBob tells the sea monster to let Squidward out. The sea monster does this by laying a bubble egg with Squidward inside it. The bubble pops and Patrick tells the visitors that Squidward had been reborn. Squidward is about to rant, but his clothes get eaten by a bubble goat, causing him to be only in his undies. Squidward gets frightened and starts running around in fear, popping the entire bubble zoo in the process. He eventually gets his nose stuck onto the horn, and causes the rhino to go on a rampage further destroying the zoo. All the visitors scream in fear, while SpongeBob tells Squidward in long-distance to not forget to bring the bubble rhino back.
The other bubble animals start to growl at SpongeBob, and start to stampede all over Bikini Bottom. Patrick asks SpongeBob if he could talk about his work hours, but SpongeBob ignores this question and tells him to stop the animals. He gets onto one of them, but the bubble elephant he was on throws Patrick off its back. The bubble animals are seen rampaging into the Krusty Krab, causing Mr. Krabs to get scared and launch out of the restaurant with his cash register. After that, bubble penguins are seen invading the Chum Bucket. Plankton gets angry and spits on one of them, but this just causes them to get bigger in size. Karen still thinks their cute until they start flooding the whole restaurant. SpongeBob and Patrick are seen being cornered by the bubble animals, with seemingly no hope for survival. However, SpongeBob decides to call the sea animals from the zoo he was banned from to come and defeat the bubble animals. The animals arrive and almost have a battle. The sea monster from the real zoo lets out a giant roar, making them bubble animals scared and go into the the bottle of Extra Strength Bubble Soap. The episode ends with the zoo manager letting SpongeBob back into the zoo as he brought his animals back, and also complimented him on the new bubble animals he brought alongside the regular ones. He takes off the ankle bracelet on SpongeBob, allowing SpongeBob to play with the animals once more, while Squidward is still stuck on the bubble rhino's horn.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 105 - Opening at the Bikini Bottom Zoo
‣ Zoo Doings - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob getting into the zoo's animal enclosures]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Zoo manager puts an ankle alarm on SpongeBob's foot]
‣ Playful Activity - Bernard Ebbinghouse [SpongeBob sneaks into an animal enclosure]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["That's it! You are banned from the zoo!"]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick leaves the zoo with SpongeBob]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (a) - Transition to next scene
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crying on Patrick's rock]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Snot bubble comes out of SpongeBob's nose, giving him an idea]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob blows three different bubble animals]
‣ Five More Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [Extra strength bubble soap]
‣ Exit Right - David Lindup [SpongeBob blows a bubble penguin]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob continues blowing bubble animals]
‣ Toad in the Hole - Harold Smart [Different bubble animals are created]
‣ Happy-Go-Lucky - Ernest Tomlinson [Bubble Zoo is created]
‣ The Baby Whale Walk - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob trying to feed the bubble sea monsters]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Audience cheers]
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward wakes up from his nap]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward screams from inside the bubble sea monster]
‣ Slap and Tickle - Roger Roger ["Hey, Squidward! I see you're playing with my sea monsters."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [Bubble egg with Squidward inside]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["And Squidward is reborn!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Bubble goat rips off Squidward's clothes]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [All bubble animals escape from Bubble Zoo]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene]
‣ My Reason - Joel Rayner, Helen Shields [Bubble animals invade the Krusty Krab]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Bubble penguins invade the Chum Bucket]
‣ African Adventure - Peter Hope [Animals from Bikini Bottom Zoo arrive]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You guys saved our lives!"]
‣ Playful Activity - Bernard Ebbinghouse [Ending]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- The title is an obvious parody of the phrase "Who are you?"
- The plot for this episode is similar to "Bubbletown" as both episodes involve a place made entirely out of bubbles.
- The title card background consists of zoo cage bars.
- This was the first regular-length episode to premiere in 2020 and the 2020s decade. And it was the first episode to be made in that year.
- When this episode first premiered, it was paired with "Biddy Sitting."
- This was the last episode with any involvement from Adam Paloian. However, he did not direct this episode.
- The "Species Unknown" area from "The Thing" can be seen in this episode.
- The frogfish from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie reappears as a bubble.
- Some of the bubble animals shown in this episode have appeared previously. They are as follows:
- The male judge can be seen in a crowd cameo at the zoo.
- The Extra Strength Bubble Soap is similar to the Jumbo Bubble Fun from "It Came from Goo Lagoon" as both are giant bubble canisters.
- A pencil that resembles the Magic Pencil from "Frankendoodle" and "Doodle Dimension" is among the many items seen in the live-action close-up of Old Man Walker's box.
- Squidward wears underwear in this episode when he regularly does not even wear pants. However, he wore them underneath his farmer's uniform which doubled as regular pants.
- Irony: SpongeBob could've just cut off his leg and grown a new one when he got an ankle monitor.
- When it premiered in the UK and Ireland at the end of this episode an image from "The Kwarantined Krab" has been revealed by accident.
- This is the only episode where the title shortens the word, "are," to, "R."
- At the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob yells like Tarzan.
- The See 'n Say pull-string toy produced by Mattel is referenced in the scene where SpongeBob identifies the zoo animals ("The elephant says...") and they make noises similar to the animals on the toy.
- When SpongeBob pets the zoo monster, the spiked ball on its antennae is red, but when the monster scares the bubble animals near the end of the episode, the ball is purple.
- When SpongeBob lets the kid inside the Bubble Zoo, his eyelashes are missing.
- The Krusty Krab is thin in this episode.
- The bubble goat eating people's pants.
- The bubble rhinoceros poking his sharp horn into Squidward's nose.