In this short, Patrick is seen trying to catch jellyfish. However, without SpongeBob, he forgets how to hold it correctly and holds the jellyfish net backwards. Patrick decides to throw the net at the group of jellyfish after numerous failed attempts to catch them. After his throw misses, the group of jellyfish float away.
It turns out that the jellyfish net that Patrick threw landed on a big jellyfish. The giant jellyfish then approaches Patrick and stings him off-screen, although the stinging noise can be heard.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Title card]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick is in Jellyfish Fields]
‣ King Kong Coming - Gregor F. Narholz [A giant jellyfish appears]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["I could really use SpongeBob's expertise right about now."]
- This short is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, SpongeShorts, Triple Pack 1, Big Hits: Volume 1 and Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts DVDs.
- In previous episodes, Patrick can jellyfish on his own, however in this short he cannot. This indicates that Patrick learned jellyfishing from SpongeBob.
- This is one of four shorts centered around an alternate universe where SpongeBob is gone.
- This short was made to lead up to the premiere of "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- This short premiered three years after "Enemy In-Law."
- On the Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts DVD and in the Poland dub, this short is titled "Pat Goes Jellyfishing."