- Gary the Snail
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- CheeseHead BrownPants (debut)
- Incidental 154
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Margie Star (indirectly mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sandy's robot (debut)
- Mr. and Mrs. Dollar (debut)
- Wild crab (debut)
- Sound effect fish (debut)
- Light purple sound effect fish
- Light yellow sound effect fish
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 103
- Perch Perkins
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 151
- Purple construction worker
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 46
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 49
- Mrs. Blandy
- Construction Foreman
- Orange customer
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Triton (indirectly mentioned)
- The Bubble Poppin' Boys (debut)
- Male judge
- Near Mint Comic Books cashier
- Unnamed band
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 9
- Orange fish
- Mrs. Poecilia
- Female judge
- Goofy Goober (undisguised)
- Incidental 63 (gray)
- Ballerina whale
- Carl (health inspector)
- Green New Kelpian
- Other New Kelpers
SpongeBob wakes up on a normal day, as usual. He looks out his window and sees the mailman riding by on his bike. He says "Hi" to the mailman. This greeting causes the mailman to get distracted, and a truck crashes into him. After that, SpongeBob wants to spend time with his friends; however, he ends up upsetting them: he accidentally breaks Gary's shell, crushes Patrick's cake for his mothers birthday, disturbs Squidward's beauty sleep, destroys Sandy's new robot, and deep fries Mr. Krabs' money, and himself. After everyone told him to go away and called him "idiot boy," a devastated SpongeBob, who believes that all his friends hate him, decides to leave Bikini Bottom. At night, SpongeBob is scared by mysterious figures in the shadows. While he runs from the creatures, Spongebob falls off a cliff and bumps his head. After noticing a lump on his head, SpongeBob gets knocked unconscious by his bundle.
Back in Bikini Bottom, Patrick is knocking on SpongeBob's door, wanting to borrow his hot sauce for his milkshake. He is approached by Sandy, who is wondering where SpongeBob is, having presumably come to apologize. Hearing that Patrick has no clue where SpongeBob is and had no time to wait for him to answer the door, Sandy decided to karate their way into the Pineapple home. After entering the house, the two find Gary huge and overweight. Being asked what happened to him, Gary sadly shows Sandy and Patrick his food bowl with a note from SpongeBob inside, explaining that he has run away since he has caused everyone but trouble and that he wouldn't bother anyone ever again, which makes both of them feel saddened. Meanwhile, SpongeBob regains consciousness then notices a fish couple, who thought he was taking a "dirt nap," as they try to steal his possessions but pretend to say that they were organizing them. Hearing one of the fish call him by name, SpongeBob becomes confused and unsure. After being asked if he doesn’t know his own name, SpongeBob explains to the fish couple that all he knows is that he hit his head but now he can't seem to remember anything. After realizing he has amnesia, the fish couple decides to take advantage of SpongeBob's memory loss so they can steal his possessions by telling him that the items weren't his and give him a new name, "CheeseHead BrownPants." However, SpongeBob felt something in his pockets then reaches inside them to find a bottle of bubble soap, which causes the couple to run off for some reason. After the couple left, SpongeBob wonder what got into them then notices a city nearby.
At Bikini Bottom, everything is in chaos, especially the Krusty Krab because SpongeBob is not there to give Krabby Patties. Mr. Krabs asks Squidward where SpongeBob is as he is freaking out that there is no Krabby Patties being made then they both get into an argument, after Squidward insulted Mr. Krabs. However, after hearing Sandy and Patrick arriving, Mr. Krabs and Squidward were asked by them if they seen SpongeBob. Hearing that none of them have not seen him, Sandy shows the note SpongeBob left while informing Mr. Krabs and Squidward that he has left town, due to causing trouble and that he is not coming back. Mr. Krabs takes the note SpongeBob left from Sandy then reads it. After reading the note, Mr. Krabs sees that SpongeBob did write it then not only panics because the latter is gone but also feels guilty for pushing him away. Feeling guilt-ridden for pushing SpongeBob away as well, Patrick and Sandy break down crying, with the obvious exception of Squidward, who is delighted and remorselessly laughs in joy. Deciding to do a group meeting with just himself, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward, Mr. Krabs kicks everyone out of the Krusty Krab then tells everyone that the restaurant is close until the group can find SpongeBob and bring him back to Bikini Bottom.
Meanwhile, SpongeBob wonders into New Kelp City, name of the city he saw nearby before, where he attempts to get a job. Each time he gets a job, SpongeBob uses his bubble blowing ability to help him, though, like the couple he encountered, this strikes fear into all the residents of the city, all resulting in him being fired.
Back in Bikini Bottom, Sandy shows her friends her new invention that can track SpongeBob--the Sponge-Tracker. But Squidward, not wanting SpongeBob to come back, purposefully destroys the device with a hammer, claiming he dropped it. Furious and not buying his blatant lie, Mr. Krabs scolds Squidward for his action then orders him to find SpongeBob, but he still refuses to help, even being unfazed when his boss threatens to fire him. Desperate to not only get his station working again but also wants his friend back just as much as Patrick and Sandy do, Mr. Krabs comes up with the perfect method to get Squidward to cooperate with the search for SpongeBob-- he offers him a jeweled Fabergé egg as a retirement gift, which the latter notes will complete his collection. However, Mr. Krabs tells Squidward that if he wants it, he'll have to bring SpongeBob back to Bikini Bottom. This offer finally convinces Squidward, who chooses his love of art over his hatred of SpongeBob, to help with the search party.
In New Kelp City, SpongeBob bubble blowing activities attracts the attention of The Bubble Poppin' Boys, a menacing street gang who have scared the city into never blowing bubbles ever again since the bubbles burn their eyes. They decide to show him what they do to rule breakers by beating up a scared SpongeBob, who quickly runs off as the gang chases him until he is cornered.
SpongeBob then uses his bubble blowing ability to trap them in a large bubble and it sends them out the city, which frees the town of their reign. As a result, SpongeBob is rewarded the position of mayor of New Kelp City by its previous owner, who immediately retired. While searching for SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, and Squidward stopped at a gas station. The trio is shocked to see a newspaper stand showing news of SpongeBob's position as mayor of New Kelp City.
With this information, they go to New Kelp City to retrieve SpongeBob just as he is giving a speech. After SpongeBob gave his speech, Sandy uses a blow horn to get his attention as she tells the surrounding citizen and her friend that she doesn't mean to put a damper on the mood there but Bikini Bottom needs him back. However, due to his amnesia, SpongeBob doesn't know who Sandy is or the town she is talking about. Sandy goes up on stage then apologizes for lashing out at him before. Seeing Sandy more closely, SpongeBob became surprised to see her. At first, Sandy thought her friend was surprised that she found him but became shocked that he doesn't recognize her when he mistook her for a weasel, which he was surprised about. At first, Sandy thinks that SpongeBob was pretending that he doesn't remember her. Hearing this, SpongeBob apologizes to Sandy for not remembering her and commented that he probably would, although he still thought she was weasel. Patrick comes up on stage as he hopes that SpongeBob hasn't forgotten about him then shows him a half of a friendship tattoo he has while he has the other half. However, seeing the tattoo, SpongeBob gets confused as to how he got that then explains to the two that all he remembers is hitting his head, blowing some bubbles and now poof, he's mayor. After hearing SpongeBob's explanation and realizing as to why he called himself CheeseHead BrownPants during his speech, Sandy was convinced that her friend was telling the truth about not knowing who they are and theorizes that he lost his memory when he hit his head. Wanting to bring her friend home and help him, Sandy asks SpongeBob to come back with them to Bikini Bottom as she explains to him that the familiar surroundings of the town will bring his memory right back. However, SpongeBob refuses because everyone in New Kelp City needs his leadership. When SpongeBob gets into a limo to attend a meeting that he's later for, Sandy tried to stop him from leaving but became surprised when the limo came back around and was shocked to see that Squidward managed to hijack the vehicle. Sandy and Patrick got into the limo then Squidward drives everyone with SpongeBob back to Bikini Bottom.
They take SpongeBob back to the Krusty Krab but he still couldn't recall anything. At first, Mr. Krabs thought he was joking about not remembering the eatery then gave him his spatula but realize that he's not when he became surprised that he was a fry cook before. Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob that he's the best in his business then asked him to get flipping. However, not entirely convinced of everyone claims as to who and what he is, SpongeBob nicely told them that he would like to but he wants to return to New Kelp City and run as mayor, claiming as a modest job. Squidward, who doesn't care if SpongeBob stays or not, demands the Fabergé egg from Mr. Krabs since he brought him back, on a technicality. Mr. Krabs sadly agrees and reluctantly hands Squidward the jeweled egg. As Squidward marvels on his new jeweled egg being so beautiful, he slips on the greasy spatula that SpongeBob put on the floor, causing the egg to fly out of his hands. The egg shatter as it hit SpongeBob on the head, much to Squidward's distress, and the impact gave him another lump. After getting a hold himself, SpongeBob tells a concern Sandy that he was fine but he just had a little headache. However, SpongeBob realizes that his memory was returning when he recognizes the eatery. Overjoyed that their friend got his memory back, Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob how really sorry they all are for running him out of town but they're glad he's back. But even so and wanted to stay in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob knows that New Kelp City need their mayor. Everyone is distraught that SpongeBob would leave again, except Squidward who is delighted at this as he felt that it would make up for the loss of his Fabergé egg.
At that moment, a news report comes on the TV saying that the bubbles in New Kelp City are causing mayhem, that can't see with all the bubbles. A thug then threatens SpongeBob if he ever came back to New Kelp City. Upon hearing this, SpongeBob has second thoughts about going back to New Kelp City and decides to remain in Bikini Bottom. Before the episode ends, a dismayed Squidward opens his head and throws his brain in a trash can.
The episode was first announced by Nickelodeon on September 24, 2008 on a press release. According to the network, SpongeBob "wanders the ocean, a stranger in his own pants," and finds himself in a rough part of New Kelp City, where he faces off against The Bubble Poppin' Boys' gang leader.
- After Patrick says "Just a cake for my mom that I spent all day making," as he walks back into his rock, he turns around and looks back at SpongeBob and says "I'm gonna go back and make a 2nd birthday cake that my mother will like!"
- After Sandy's robot breaks, Sandy shows SpongeBob its broken head.
- During the scene when the creepy people are scaring SpongeBob, a Scallop is shown crowing
- After SpongeBob says "Ooh, boy! That's quite a lump!" Then he says "I better not hit my head again. That might cause a concussion."
- After all the people run away from the bubble SpongeBob blew, he says "What could possibly be wrong with practicing the bubble arts? Seems like a harmless activity."
- During SpongeBob's speech, he says "I can't say that I blame you."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Open and End Fanfare - Nino Nardini ["Ahoy, it's a SpongeBob SquarePants special!"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Ahoy, it's a SpongeBob SquarePants special!"]
• Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [title card]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [mailman hit by a truck]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer ["Isn't life great, Gary?"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Squidward wakes up]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer ["...the best job..."]
• Krusty Krab Tango - Steve Marston ["He's already ten seconds late!"]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer ["...and of course, the bestest[sic] pet!"]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick's cake ruined]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ooh."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["Don't you ever wake me from my beauty sleep!"]
• Transition Sting - Nicolas Carr [Sandy working on an invention]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr [pan of robot]
‣ Crescendo Fin 10 A - Marcin Pospieszalski [robot's eyes light up]
• Exotic Sting - Nicolas Carr [robot dances]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob spills water on the robot]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [robot explodes]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crashes into pots and pans]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [Krabs in his office]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs falls into grease fryer]
• Sad Solo Violins - Nicolas Carr, Ezra Kliger [money fried]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob kicked out]
‣ Pua Paoakalani (b) - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [SpongeBob's sad]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob leaves town]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob hears something]
‣ Someone Coming - Raymond C. Jones [people making weird noises]
‣ Editor's Run Down (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob falling off cliff]
‣ Editor's Run Down (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob falling off cliff]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's hit on the head]
• Closing the Door - Nicolas Carr [back at home...]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick knocking on SpongeBob's door]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["We ain't got time for that!"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Gary's huge]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [note from SpongeBob]
‣ O Makalapua (b) - Kapono Beamer [Sandy reads it]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob wakes up with amnesia]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Bubbles?!"]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [breaking news]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence ["Bikini Bottom is in a state of total chaos tonight."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Where the barnacles is SpongeBob?!"]
‣ Murder in Mind [#46] - Ronald Hanmer [Sandy and Patrick enter]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz [everyone's sad that SpongeBob's gone]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker [group meeting]
‣ Bizarre Swing - Mark Winter [SpongeBob in New Kelp City]
‣ Surrender 6 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I'm a jobless deadbeat?"]
‣ Surrender 8 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob getting hungry]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Not a penny to my name."]
• Unknown Vibe Links - Nicolas Carr [Help Wanted sign at a bank]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["What do you think you're doing?!"]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob kicked out]
‣ Skyscraper City - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob as a construction worker]
‣ Joe Cool - Nino Nardini ["I do not understand this!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Sandy's sponge-tracking device]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, you're saying this thing can actually find SpongeBob?"]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward destroys it]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs yells at Squidward]
‣ Angelic Choir - Jim Rattigan [Faberge egg]
‣ Tympup C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Not so fast."]
‣ Joe Cool - Nino Nardini [SpongeBob wandering through the city]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["We're just waiting in line for a new video game."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer ["You can't do that here!"]
‣ Harp Gliss 1 - Otto Sieben [SpongeBob blows a bubble]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [everyone runs away]
• Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bubble Poppin' Boys introduced/"Do you have any idea who we are?"]
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [they chase SpongeBob/Bubble Poppin' Boys try to shoot down the bubble raft with slingshots]
‣ Chase That Car - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob falls]
‣ Hit and Run - Sam Spence [SpongeBob traps BPBs inside a bubble]
‣ Champions March [#7] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Do you realize what you've done?"]
‣ Movie Overture - Larry Hochman [SpongeBob appointed mayor]
• Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [Sandy, Patrick and Squidward looking for SpongeBob]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Oh, I knew I'd find you, buddy!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney ["SpongeBob's mayor of New Kelp City!"]
‣ Hail to the Chief A - Will Schaefer [SpongeBob's speech]
• What the Huh Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It's me, Sandy!"]
‣ Fight for Ol' Schaefer U. - Will Schaefer [SpongeBob and Patrick's tattoo]
‣ Hail to the Chief - George Wilson ["I'm late for a meeting."]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward driving the limousine]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I think I'll just go back to my modest job as mayor of a major city."]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob's leaving for real this time!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Krabs brings out the Faberge egg]
‣ Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah - George Frideric Handel [Krabs gives Squidward the Faberge egg]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward slips]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [egg hits SpongeBob on the head]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob recovers memory]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White ["We're really sorry we ran you out of town."]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [KNKC Special Report]
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, Season 5 Volume 2, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants Special Collection, Vol. 2, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, Really Big Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Favorite Episodes Volume 2, Triple Pack 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, Complete Fifth Season, From the Beginning, Pt.2, On the Road Again, Big Hits: Volume 1, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- During the original airing it did not show the title card.
- This episode was advertised as "WhoBob WhatPants?"
- In countries outside the U.S., such as European countries (UK, Greece, Hungary, etc.) and Korea, this episode and "SpongeBob SquarePants and The Big Wave" were promoted as part of The Year of the Sponge - Think Happy, the show's 10th anniversary.
- On October 3, 2008, TurboNick featured a special playlist of content dedicated to the episode, including a sneak-peek of the special, themed episodes, short-form content, song clips, and an instant replay of the special following the television premiere.
- This is based on the book, For the Love of Bubbles. However there are several differences.
- Rather than the usual traditional SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song playing at the beginning of the episode, instead the "SpongeBob SquarePants" parts have been altered to say "WhoBob WhatPants."
- This is the third and final half hour special from season 5. The first is "Friend or Foe" and the second is "Pest of the West."
- This is the second episode to play the whole APM track, Hawaiian Cocktail. This first episode is Clams. But this time, the track is played at a higher pitch.
- In "New Digs," SpongeBob was one minute late, and Mr. Krabs was okay with this. In this episode, he is not okay with SpongeBob being ten seconds late. He, however, did say "don't do it again!".
- Bikini Bottom's population is revealed to have been 538 (SpongeBob crosses out the "8" before leaving, so the population was 537 for the duration of this episode).
- However, the population is shown to be greater than this in some episodes.
- Mr. Krabs reads SpongeBob's note without an eyesight problem, but in "Greasy Buffoons," he reads it with glasses on.
- While walking in New Kelp City, SpongeBob asks an orange fish, "Is there something wrong with me?" After that, a hideous face of SpongeBob appears, which has become an internet meme around YouTube. The fish is also the one who ordered the Monster Krabby Patty in the episode "All That Glitters."
- After Squidward destroys the Sponge-Tracker, Mr. Krabs' nose swells up and explodes with a jet of water. Real-life crabs can do this, but instead, they squirt water from their eyes.
- Squidward's hatred for SpongeBob is demonstrated in this episode, as he attempts to sabotage the search efforts, to the point where Mr. Krabs has to bribe him.
- The mayor of New Kelp City appears in the episodes, "Doing Time," "The Great Snail Race," and "Drive Thru." He appears again in the episode "Safe Deposit Krabs" where he is at the grand opening of the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank.
- The handcrafted jewel encrusted ornamental egg was presumably a fake as jewels and diamonds are extremely hard and wouldn't break easily upon hitting somebody's head.
- Most of the citizens of New Kelp City are citizens of Bikini Bottom.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob appeared on a title card. SpongeBob will next appear on the title card as a drawing in "Oral Report," as a cutout in "Restraining SpongeBob," and in a close-up view in "InSPONGEiac."
- This is the first episode where Mr. Krabs gets deep fried golden brown. He would later get deep fried golden brown again in "Mermaid Pants."
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob tries to get a job at a bank and a construction site. The second is in "Model Sponge."
- This is the first episode where Patrick lifts up a road. The second is in "Squid Baby."
- This is the second episode to have an alternate opening sequence. The first is "Christmas Who?," the third is "Truth or Square," and the fourth is "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"
- This is the second episode with a full character displayed on the title card. The first was Plankton and Mr. Krabs on the "Friend or Foe" title card.
- This is the second time SpongeBob is mistaken for cheese (and the first in the series). The first time was in the video game Nicktoons Unite! when Timmy Turner first meets SpongeBob.
- This is the second episode that SpongeBob is homeless. The first was "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- This is the third (and final) episode to use the opening scene where Patchy the Pirate says, "Ahoy, it's a SpongeBob SquarePants special." The first was "Have You Seen This Snail?" and the second was "Pest of the West."
- This is the only episode to be longer than 20 minutes and to be dubbed and broadcast in Welsh. However, it is split up into two parts.
- The title card music for this episode is not used again until "Sharks vs. Pods," 100 episodes later.
- In this episode, SpongeBob's water helmet has two openings instead of one, the same happens in "Tea at the Treedome," "Chimps Ahoy," and "Squidtastic Voyage."
- In the Indonesian version, the final scene showing Squidward throwing his brain to the trash bin is scrapped. This is most likely due to organ-damaging reasons.
- Also, the "Patchy the Pirate Presents: A Spongebob Squarepants Special" intro is moved after the theme song and before the title card for unknown reasons.
- The title of the episode may be a parody of the novel, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? by Henry Farrell, complete with the words "what" and "ever" being separate from each other.
- New Kelp City is an obvious parody of New York City.
- New Kelp Times is a parody of The New York Times.
- The Bubble Poppin' Boys are a parody of The Burger Palace Boys in the original musical film Grease.
- There is a hole on the top of SpongeBob's water helmet; however, when he goes back out into the water outside the treedome, one could still see his water helmet on despite being underwater.
- When "Mr. Dollar and Mrs. Dollar" are in the grease, instead of sinking in and never coming back out, they get deep fried and break apart. This scene may have just been Mr. Krabs fantasizing, though.
- When Mr. Krabs kicks SpongeBob out of the Krusty Krab, he lands on the opposite of the Krusty Krab. However, that is where the Chum Bucket is supposed to be.
- SpongeBob's house is missing the chimney in one scene.
- In the scene where Sandy brushes through the door, Patrick lands on his milkshake, but his milkshake remains intact, which is physically impossible unless it went up to his mouth.
- When the builder hides behind a pile of metal, he seems shorter than usual.
- When Squidward says, "You mean this can actually find SpongeBob?" his voice is out of sync with the animation.
- When the line of people are afraid of the bubble, it would have realistically either floated upward or popped before it got to the front of the line.
- After his bubble boat pops, it appears as if SpongeBob is about to fall onto the sidewalk, but he lands on the street instead.
- When Squidward is shown driving SpongeBob's limo, the front flag is missing.
- When Patrick yells at SpongeBob for ruining his cake, SpongeBob's eyelashes are missing.
|WhoBob WhatPants (V • E)|
|Part of Think Happy - The Year of the Sponge|
Miscellaneous: DVD • Book • My Name is CheeseHead book • For The Love of Bubbles book • Online game • Theme song • Best Bikini Bottom Stories Ever! • Happiness to Go! • On the Road Again • SpongeBob SquarePants Special Collection, Vol. 2 • From the Beginning, Pt.1 • SpongeShorts • Big Hits: Volume 1 • From the Beginning, Pt.2 • Triple Pack 1 • Season 5 Volume 2 • The Complete Fifth Season • The First 100 Episodes • The Best 200 Episodes Ever