- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Pearl Krabs in photo
- Pirate in photo (debut)
- Fish in photos (debut)
- Whales in photos (debut)
- Diver in photo (debut)
- Octopi in photos (debut)
- Walrus in photo (debut)
- Jellyfish in photo
- Clown in photo (debut)
- Alternate-Universe SpongeBob (cameo)
- Painty the Pirate
"It's a slow day at the Krusty Krab," and SpongeBob and Patrick are tearing the place down and getting themselves hurt. because Squidward tricked them into thinking it would attract customers. Mr. Krabs found this out and sentenced the two to do a super, special, secret assignment (which is just painting the whole house, but they both think it is real super, special, and secret). But Mr. Krabs tells them that the paint they are using is permanent. So if they get paint, even a drop, on anything except the wall, he will cut off their butts and place them above his fireplace. SpongeBob sees that Mr. Krabs has so many items, and tells Patrick he decides to move the items first. Patrick says that there is no need to move the items because they are not paid to move items.
Then they place a tarp, but it is just a small tarp, so they put down more tarps. SpongeBob takes out a huge brush but decides to use a tiny brush. SpongeBob takes it out, and then, six hours later, carefully paints a drop onto the wall, which begins dropping. SpongeBob (in a panic that it may get onto Mr. Krabs' First Dollar) blows on it to change direction, and blow dries it off the wall, only to have created a giant paint bubble. Patrick blows another bubble shortly after, and the two merge. SpongeBob assures that the bubble cannot get any bigger, but Patrick says "Nonsense!" and inflates the bubble, causing it to pop, covering Mr. Krabs' whole house in paint, without getting a drop on anything...except on Mr. Krabs' first dollar (the drop is able to see from the eye)!
SpongeBob tries wiping the hand stain off with his tie, but it only makes the dollar covered in paint. Then they try a couple more things to get it off, including washing it in a washing machine, spraying it, using a saw, beating it up with a club and using a computer (which Patrick just uses to smash it), but all fail. Then they decide to put another dollar on the wall. Patrick takes out a dollar from his wallet, but Patrick uses it to buy a candy bar instead. SpongeBob looks into a mirror, assuring that he shall overcome panic through strength...just as Mr. Krabs approaches his door, thus making SpongeBob's reflection leave him on his own. SpongeBob panics, but comes up with an idea to hide the stained dollar.
Mr. Krabs opens the door to his house to find the lights turned off. He turns them on and sees his house is tidy, and no bubbles. SpongeBob and Patrick are about to leave, but Mr. Krabs panics, and they think Mr. Krabs finds out about the stained dollar. They apologize, but Mr. Krabs is just surprised that they dusted his knickknacks. He panics again, SpongeBob and Patrick apologize again, but he is surprised about the painted floor molding. He panics again because he finds out that they messed up with his dollar...rama. One of his dolls in the doll collection is not upright. He says that they can go home now, but then runs into a pile of paintings where his dollar usually went and moves away each one to find SpongeBob covering the dollar.
Mr. Krabs soon takes him out of the way to find his first dollar stained by paint and drawn by crayon (Patrick thinks Mr. Krabs will buy it). SpongeBob and Patrick are afraid to have their rear ends cut off, but he licks the dollar, and the paint (including the crayon marking) comes off of the dollar. The two are confused, and Mr. Krabs says the paint actually comes off with saliva. SpongeBob thinks that Mr. Krabs said that the paint was permanent so they would be extra careful, but Mr. Krabs said he tricked them just for fun. Shortly after, he laughs at his own jest, causing SpongeBob and Patrick to leave in disgust. But Mr. Krabs' laughter causes spit to come from his mouth and onto the paint, and realizes that he has caused the whole coat of paint to drop, assuring that he needs to learn how to "say it, not spray it."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [title card]
‣ ? - drum roll
‣ Superquick (b) - Daniel Jean Jeannin ["A one-way ticket to pain!"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["What the devilfish is going on out here?"]
‣ The Main Event - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick assigned to paint Krabs' house]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford ["This here paint is absolutely permanent."]
‣ Ta-Ra (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [setting out the tarp]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Now that's what I'm talking about!"]
‣ Unease - Dick Stephen Walter [opening paint cans]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick hits paint can with ax]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [SpongeBob and Patrick scream as the drop of paint goes out of the pot/SpongeBob tries to warn himself of being careful with the permanent paint/The paint starts going down the wall.]
‣ ? - harp music
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [drop of paint on Krabs' dollar]
‣ Graveyard - Johnny Pearson ["We're dead, Patrick!"]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [SpongeBob smears the paint with his tie]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob and Patrick's butts mounted on the wall]
‣ Secret Service - Syd Dale [trying to get the paint off]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, a dollar!"]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland [Patrick puts the dollar in a candy machine]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Finders Creepers - Paddy Kingsland ["You both look like you got a dirty little secret."]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["Flipping fish fossils! Look what you did!"]
‣ Finders Creepers - Paddy Kingsland ["You dusted all my knickknacks!"]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["Great Barrier Reef! What's this?!"]
‣ Finders Creepers - Paddy Kingsland [floor molding]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Criminy jim jam! You messed up my dollar... rama!"]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh well, I guess no harm done."]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [stack of paintings]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["There we go, good as new."]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["But, but, but, but..."]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Paint comes off with saliva.]
‣ Try On and On (a) - Hans Ehrlinger [ending]
- This episode is available on the Sponge for Hire, Complete 3rd Season, First 100 Episodes, Complete Third Season, and SpongeBob, You're Fired! DVDs.
- "Wet Painters" was ranked #92 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- As of June 25, 2016, this episode is the highest rated episode on SpongeBuddy Mania, with a 9.7/10.
- Here is the order the paintings on the stack:
- A clown with a teardrop (similar to one of Squidward's self portraits in "Squid's Visit")
- A car race with the red car winning
- Some shapes that is similar to art did by Piet Mondrian.
- A banana
- Painty the Pirate
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs is heard saying "you messed up my dollar," rather than his usual "me."
- After SpongeBob rubs the dollar with his tie the second time, there is still some green on the dollar. In the next shot, it is completely covered with paint.
- This is the second time SpongeBob is given the job to paint something by Mr. Krabs. He was first told to paint in "Sailor Mouth." He will again be given the job of painting in "Bucket Sweet Bucket" (by Plankton) "House Fancy" and "Good Neighbors" (by Squidward). He had also painted in "Home Sweet Pineapple" although this time, he actually chose to do the painting.
- In Bahasa Indonesia, Mr. Krabs said "dollar lama" when pointing to his dollarama, since there is no direct translation of "dollarama." Also, the dubber of Mr. Krabs made a mistake by saying "dollar lama," or "old dollar" in English. This confused adult viewers in Indonesia.
- Also, instead of saying "super," SpongeBob and Patrick said "supper."
- Running Gag: SpongeBob and Patrick trying to get the paint off the dollar.
- Part of Patrick's quote, "Two giant paint bubbles!" was used in DoodleBob and the Magic Pencil (unofficial game).
- It is later revealed how Mr. Krabs got his first dollar in "Friend or Foe."
- The scene where the paint gets everywhere is very popular in YouTube Poops.
- In the Arabic version, on the network MBC3, two scenes are removed: Mr. Krabs shown relaxing with SpongeBob and Patrick's butts cut off and mounted on the wall, and Patrick washing the dollar in a washing machine.
- At one point, Mr. Krabs is singing "Blow the Man Down," the sea shanty the SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song is based on.
- A picture of Popeye is visible among the pictures in Mr. Krabs' house.
- This episode was set to premiere with "Doing Time," but aired with "Krusty Krab Training Video."
- The way that SpongeBob says "yeah" after blowing the steam with the hairdryer is the same way he says it in "Prehibernation Week."
- The storyboard version has a deleted scene with SpongeBob saying "I dedicate this crash to my best friend, Squidward."
- Irony: SpongeBob and Patrick could have just flipped the dollar and put it back on the wall, however considering they both are not very smart, they might not have known they could. It is also possible that Mr. Krabs may notice this, unless the design is on both sides.
- Only two drops of paint (SpongeBob's single-strand brush and Patrick's bubble) are used to paint the whole room.
- The scene where Patrick says "We have technology" has become a popular YouTube meme.
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "Świeżo malowane" meaning "Wet Paint."
- In the Serbian dub, the episode is called "Sveže Ofarbani" which means "Freshly Painted."
- In the Bulgarian dub, the episode is called "Бояджии" which means "Painters."
- In the Finnish dub, the episode is called "Maalarit" which means "Painters."
- In the French dub, the episode is called "Les Peintres du Dimanche" which means "The Painters of Sunday."
- In the German dub, the episode is called "Anstreicher" which means "Painter."
- In the Russian dub, the episode is called "Маляры" which means "Painters."
- In the Czech dub, the episode is called "Malování" which means "Painting."
- In the Japanese dub, the episode is called "壁塗りは大変" which means "Wall Painting is Serious."
- In the Korean dub, the episode is called "페인트 소동" which means "Paint Commotion."
- In the Taiwanese Mandarin dub, the episode is called "油漆風波" which means "Paint Storm."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode name is "Trajna Farba" translating to "Permanent Paint."
- In the Hebrew dub, the episode is called "הצבעים" which means "The Paint."
- A pink version of Mr. Krabs and a yellow version of Pearl can be seen in one of the photos.
- In "Bubblestand," Patrick can't blow bubbles, but in this episode, he can. This episode most likely takes place after "Bubblestand" and means that SpongeBob's bubble blowing technique worked out.
- This episode is the first episode to feature a normal computer. Interestingly, the computer featured has a CRT monitor.
- The episode's plot is similar to the 1997 film, Bean, where Mr. Bean ruins and devastates the Whistler's Mother portrait with ink.
- Also, the exploded bubble paint that completely paints the wall without (or almost) touching decors is similar to the plot of Mr. Bean episode, Do-It-Yourself Mr. Bean, where he uses a dynamite to explode the paint can in his room where the objects are wrapped in newspaper (or almost).
- One of the pictures on the wall is very similar to the paintings of the 1920-1930's Dutch painter Piet Mondrian.
- The "Hanging around" Joke may be a reference to the pilot of "Full House."
- Due to an error, the 1998 Klasky Csupo logo from Nickelodeon's animated TV series Rugrats was seen instead of the normal logo on airings of the episode from 2002 to 2006. See the sister episode "Krusty Krab Training Video" for more information.
- The paint somehow got smeared on both sides of the dollar.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick are saying "but" after the paint on the dollar is removed by saliva, SpongeBob's front teeth appears to be one rather than two.
- The door at Mr. Krabs' house is switching left to right. When he advises the two, he opened the door. But after, the handle switched to the right.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick tried to wash the paint off the dollar with the laundry machine, the wall was not painted, and in when they used a fan, the wall was painted, and when SpongeBob used a bat on Patrick, the wall was not painted again, and when Patrick smashed the dollar with the computer, the wall was painted again. The reason why the wall was not painted, because of that early shots animate, before going outside.
- The closed-captions read "(screams)" when SpongeBob yells "No!" The captions read "BOTH: We're sorry Mr. Krabs" when SpongeBob says "We're sorry Mr. Krabs" and Patrick says "We're so sorry."
- When Patrick draws a green dollar sign and a face on the dollar, he uses a blue crayon.
- Comcast says that this episode and "Krusty Krab Training Video were first aired January, 17th 2005.
- When Mr. Krabs bumps into and then notices the stack of paintings covering his dollar, there are numerous paintings. But when Mr. Krabs is seen taking them off, there are a few only a few paintings. Although, this may be due to the fact that we don't see several paintings when the scene cuts to SpongeBob and Patrick for a couple seconds.
This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.