- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gary the Snail (cameo in picture)
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Frankie Billy
- Karen Plankton
- Abigail Marge
- Martha Smith
- Miss Rechid
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Sheldon the Fish
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Unnamed band
- Debbie Rechid
- Miss Shell
- Tina Fran
- D'oeuvre Guy (debut)
- Fat hairy fish (debut)
- Norma Rechid
- Harold (red fish)
- Nathiel Waters
- Navy Captain
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
The episode starts with Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob's friends at SpongeBob's house, where Plankton stands in front of a film projector, calling himself "The Great Genie of the Slide Carousel." He says he will make them watch his slideshow, but in the process, one of the slides presses against him and the light, later burning him and destroying the projector. SpongeBob saves the show when he inserts the light in himself and holds the slides up. Then, the show begins.
At the Krusty Krab, the mailman arrives with a letter, and SpongeBob runs out to greet him. The mailman grumbles, "Boy, if I weren't already on parole," and walks off. SpongeBob takes the letter to Mr. Krabs and opens it. Inside are free tickets for a cruise for Mr. Krabs and one guest. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he can come along if he agrees to be his manservant, and SpongeBob accepts. The tickets were part of Plankton's plot to once again steal the Krabby Patty secret formula, and he is seen watching Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob preparing for the vacation from his telescope. However, when Mr. Krabs says he'll take the recipe with him as a precaution against "a certain one-eyed creepy crawly," Plankton uses Plan B: go on the cruise with them. He tells Karen they're going on a cruise, and she's initially excited until she's struck with the realization that this is part of his plan to steal the Krabby Patty formula. He lies to her and tells her it's their second honeymoon (to which Karen angrily replies they've never even had a first one). Plankton sets the dial on her vacation dial up, making her giddy. Plankton prepares his suitcase, but Karen, in her excitement, uses the death laser to slice it half. Plankton sets the vacation dial lower. While on the cruise, Karen enjoys herself as she and Plankton lie on lounge chairs.
As he puts sunscreen on her monitor (to prevent "screenburn"), Plankton catches sight of SpongeBob pushing Mr. Krabs around in a wheelchair. He mutters his plans, but Karen asks, "Who are you denouncing now?" Plankton lies and says the server is late with the hors d'oeuvres. When the server arrives, Plankton takes one of the crackers and gets kelp cheese on his head. Karen, still in a giddy mood, laughs and tells him that snack is as large as he is. This gives Plankton an idea. Knowing he'll be in trouble if he tries to steal the Krabby Patty in front of Karen, he sculpts the cheese into his likeness and sneaks off. After being crushed underneath the wheelchair, he returns to his lounge chair, where Karen wakes up from sleep mode. When he sees them again, he massages her wheels, causing her to fall asleep again. Then, he follows Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob into the steam room, hiding in a bucket of water. However, a large and sweaty fish named Bubble Bust comes along, gets a ladleful of water (and Plankton), and pours it onto his back. Plankton screams as he slides down Bubble Bust's back and into his speedo. When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are playing shuffleboard, Plankton hides under a puck, but is soon flung away when Mr. Krabs hits the puck he was hiding under. When Mr. Krabs is on water skis, Plankton attempts to cut the rope that keeps him attached to the cruise ship, but he falls overboard and into the ship's propellers which slice him up. Plankton climbs back on board, lifting his severed lower half up after him, and gives up stealing the recipe.
Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob go to the free land food buffet. Mr. Krabs bites into corn (biting off the cob), then spits it out, into SpongeBob's mouth. Disgusted by how the food tastes (saying it tastes like "putrefied coral stems dipped in rotten butter sauce"), he has SpongeBob cook him some Krabby Patties. The passengers, attracted by the smell, line up, giving Mr. Krabs the idea to sell Krabby Patties on board. Plankton wears a disguise as he makes his order, and Mr. Krabs thinks he's "suckered" him into paying $100 for a Krabby Patty. However, when he sees Plankton's money is covered with chum, he asks him where he got it. Plankton triumphantly replies, "From the same place this is going...to the Chum Bucket laboratory!" Plankton removes his disguise and flies off with the patty. Though he stays ahead of the pursuing SpongeBob, he's stopped when he slams into Karen's monitor. She is furious with Plankton, not only because he was after the Krabby Patty all along, but because he ruined their honeymoon. She sets her vacation dial to maximum, despite Plankton's warnings, and happily fires her lasers, destroying the ship by cutting it in half. The passengers (and the captain, who grumbles, "If I weren't on parole!") row away in lifeboats and some jump off the ship, as well as Plankton and Karen. Mr. Krabs laments the loss of his customers, while Plankton and Karen are seen rowing away in a lifeboat. The episode ends with Plankton playing the role of gondolier, to his wife's amusement.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus ["Salutations, puny mortals! I am the great genie of the slide carousel!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz ["Silence, red one! Withstand my slides!"]
‣ Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton breaks the slide projector]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes the projector light and sticks it in one of his holes]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [First slide is shown]
‣ Befuddled - Pat Irwin [Mailman arrives at Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Boy, if I weren't already on parole..."]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mail call!"]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Free tickets to cruise]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin ["We are going on a luxury cruise!"]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Gotta rethink that vacation algorithm when we get back."]
‣ Bahamas - Marc Durst [On the cruise ship]
‣ Unknown Track 7 - Nicolas Carr ["There he is, that swabby fool. Your turn now, Krabs."]
‣ Miss World (c) - Tony Kinsey ["Who are you denouncing now?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton escapes/Plankton finishes getting up the stairs]
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton groans]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton comes back with Karen]
‣ Steel Sting (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton massaging Karen's wheels]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Plankton hiding in steam room]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#56] - Phil Green ["Boy, I'm so sweaty."]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Plankton slides down fat guy's back and into his trunks]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I hate you, Krabs!"]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and SpongeBob shuffleboarding]
‣ High and Lonesome Surf - Pat Irwin [Krabs waterskiing]
‣ Steel Link (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cut in half]
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Free land food buffet]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How can anyone stand this slop?"]
‣ Banners Victorious - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob sets up his grill]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What is that delicious smell?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs about to eat the patty]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Line of customers]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton in disguise]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (f) - Wilfred William Burns [Plankton takes off]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I knew that you were up to something. I can't believe you'd try and fool me for your own selfish needs!"]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Boat cut in half]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip DVD, released earlier in 2011, before it aired on television.
- The episode's title is the same as Chapter 2 in the Game Boy Advance version of the Revenge of the Flying Dutchman video game.
- This episode marks the third instance in which Karen has a face on her monitor. The first is in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and the second is in "Single Cell Anniversary."
- This is the third of the five vacation episode miniseries on Nickelodeon.
- Like in "Mooncation," "A SquarePants Family Vacation," and other related vacation episodes, no one in the barnacle is seen or mentioned after the story begins.
- In the original airing, this episode was paired with "Hide and Then What Happens?"
- This is the first episode in which Mr. Krabs mispronounces Plankton's name as "Plankteron."
- Plankton saying that "Plan B" couldn't fail could be a reference to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, where Plankton's "unbeatable" plan was Plan Z, thus continuing the idea of Plankton using all of the letters of the alphabet to represent each of his biggest schemes. This further supports the accepted theory that the movie chronologically takes place after the events of the series.
- It is revealed that Plankton and Karen never had a honeymoon at all after they got married.
- The title card is similar to those of "Ripped Pants," "Walking Small," and "Yours, Mine and Mine."
- Irony: Plankton could've stayed behind, bought a Krabby Patty behind Mr. Krabs' back, and put it into the analyzer to obtain the recipe rather than follow him on the cruise. However, this would go against the "vacation" theme of this five-parter.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Karen has a vacation knob, which can make her excited for a vacation.
- In "Bucket Sweet Bucket," Mr. Krabs makes it clear to Plankton that he never leaves the formula behind while on vacation.
- In the scene where Mr. Krabs is water-skiing, Plankton breaks the fourth wall when saying, "I don't care anymore! Formula or no formula, I'm taking you down!"
- If one reads the letter upside-down when SpongeBob opens it, it reveals that the Krusty Krab's address is 831 Bottom Feeder Lane.
- This episode was rated PG in Canada.
- This episode premiered six years after The Yellow Avenger was released on the Nintendo DS.
- In British airings of this episode, the scene where Plankton falls into Bubble Bust's buttocks is removed.
- Plankton claims to be "the great genie of the slide carousel." He would later pretend to be a genie in "Spin the Bottle" and "Bottle Burglars."
- This is the first episode to use "Saltwater Works," which was created to replace the old "Pua Paoakalani (b)" and "O Makalapua (b)."
- After Plankton crashes into Karen, SpongeBob takes the Krabby Patty away, but his $100 is never refunded.
- The title is a pun on the phrase "walking the plank."
- When Karen berates Plankton for ruining the honeymoon, her Vacation knob is missing. It later reappears when she turns around and sets the dial to maximum.
- "If I weren't on parole," first said by the mailman who's annoyed by SpongeBob, then said again by the captain after the cruise liner is destroyed.
- Karen blasting things in half with a death laser. First, Karen blasts a table and suitcase in half at the Chum Bucket. Then, she blasts the cruise ship in half.