|“||Heheheheheh! By the powers of naughtiness, I command this particular drop of hot sauce to be really, really hot!||”|
— Volcano Sauce drop, "Karate Choppers"
He is a shiny drop of Volcano Sauce who is red with grayish eyes and has an evil look on his face. He also has a Texan accent.
Role in series
When SpongeBob and Sandy are fighting, Sandy pulls out SpongeBob's tongue and is about to pour Volcano Sauce on SpongeBob's tongue. SpongeBob is scared and imagines a face appearing on the drop of Volcano Sauce evilly laughing and saying, "By the powers of naughtiness, I command this particular drop of hot sauce to be really, really, hot!"
SpongeBob gives up and Sandy drinks the whole volcano sauce bottle.
He is seen in the "Karate Choppers" segment of the book, where he has the same role he has in the episode.
- Tom Kenny portrays the drop.
- In the season 1 DVD commentary, Kenny explains that the scene was shot in the Nickelodeon restroom, and he had to wear red makeup all over his face to portray the character. He also had an audition on that same day the scene was shot, but the red makeup did not completely come off in time.
- He has become an internet meme.
- The Volcano Sauce drop is credited as "Hot Sauce Drop."
- In the Japanese dub, he's dubbed over by Keijin Okuda who also did some other voice roles.
- He represents SpongeBob's fear of Volcano Sauce.
- This makes it ironic that he is played by SpongeBob's voice actor.