United Plankton Pictures, Inc. is an American television and film production company founded in 1998 by Stephen Hillenburg. Its headquarters is located in Burbank, California. Its production includes the animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants, the spin-off series Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, The Patrick Star Show, and his comics in association with Nickelodeon Animation Studio.
Their logo shows a group of illustrated planktonic organisms holding hands. "United Plankton Pictures" is written in blue text on a water ripple video.
The logo currently appears at the end of all episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, and The Patrick Star Show. The characters on the logo are in a brighter shade of yellow and the water ripples are enhanced to high-definition starting with "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"
Before the company was founded, at the end of the early version of the series' pilot episode in 1997, there was a logo with the "Created By" text above, the SpongeBob sketch drawing in the middle and the "Stephen Hillenburg" text below.
- Starting with "Lost in Bikini Bottom," a smaller version of the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo is used in the end credits.
- On the covers of SpongeBob Comics No. 61 and SpongeBob Comics No. 82, the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo is light blue instead of green.
- In "Wet Painters"/"Krusty Krab Training Video" American TV airings from 2002 to 2006, the logo from the Nickelodeon animated series Rugrats (1991 TV series) - the 1998 Klasky Csupo logo, which features their SpongeBob-like mascot Splaat - appears instead of the normal United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo. The reason the wrong logo was inserted is that the show's closing credits were electronically inserted alongside promos from other Nickelodeon programming and the show's closing logos. When the data was entered for this episode, the wrong credits were programmed in. Video evidence can be seen here.
- The Nickelodeon logo at the end of SpongeBob episodes normally has seagull sounds from the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo, but due to the error, it had the laugh track from Klasky Csupo-produced shows.
- On one 2008 airing of a 2007 episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, the Nickelodeon Lightbulb copyright info for said show was accidentally put on the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo. A picture of this error can be seen in the gallery.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|