Triton's Revenge is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on July 13, 2010 and contains five episodes from season 6 and two episodes from season 7. It also contains two Fanboy and Chum Chum episodes as bonus features. The DVD is based on the episode "The Clash of Triton."
Triton is using his hands to zap the title of the DVD with King Neptune behind him. SpongeBob and Patrick are looking at Triton nervously. In the background, the Bikini Bottom buildings are destroyed and the citizens are running away.
|126 - "The Clash of Triton"|
|121a - "Sand Castles in the Sand"|
|121b - "Shell Shocked"|
|122a - "Chum Bucket Supreme"|
|122b - "Single Cell Anniversary"|
|127a - "Tentacle-Vision"|
|127b - "I ♥ Dancing"|
|List of home videos|
"The Clash of Triton" shorts
|- "The Story of King Neptune"|
|List of home videos|
Fanboy and Chum Chum episodes
- Paul Mavis of DVDTalk said in a review of this DVD that "I don't like Nickelodeon trying to create the impression that this stand-alone disc has a new SpongeBob short on it called Triton's Revenge... because there is no such episode. Even worse, the actual headliner here, The Clash of Triton, is seriously sub-par. Luckily, the other six shorts included here are a step-up in quality, nudging [this DVD] into the recommended slot."
- Currently retired critic Roy Hrab of the DVD Verdict, highly criticized the DVD for its overall "unimpressive" episodes, calling the at the time new episodes of the show "a mediocre kids' fare" and "exclusively aimed at the pre-teen audience now," despite praising the video and audio quality.
- Shannon Gosney of The Mommy-Files said that "you’ll love this special, along with six other funny episodes."
- The DVD includes previews of other Nickelodeon DVDs. These include older SpongeBob DVDs, SpongeBob's Truth or Square DVD, SpongeBob's To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants DVD, and The Penguins of Madagascar.
- This DVD was released 8 days after the episode its based on premiered on TV.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to contain the Technicolor logo on the back cover.
- There are two differences on the Japanese release:
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to contain Fanboy and Chum Chum as bonus features.
- On the UK version, the Fanboy and Chum Chum episodes are replaced with the Back at the Barnyard episode "Hypno A Go-Go."
- This DVD was re-released in a triple-pack DVD along with Viking-Sized Adventures and SpongeBob's Last Stand on July 24, 2012.
- This DVD was released on Tom Kenny's 48th birthday.
- ^ a b Mavis, Paul (2010-07-08). SpongeBob SquarePants: Triton's Revenge. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ スポンジ・ボブDVD情報サイト | DVD情報 (in Japanese). Paramount Japan. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Hrab, Roy (2010-09-11). Review - SpongeBob Squarepants: Triton's Revenge. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ Gosney, Shannon (2010-07-17). “SpongeBob Squarepants: Triton’s Revenge” DVD Review. The Mommy Files. Archived from the original on 2015-09-27. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ スポンジ・ボブ トリトン王子の反抗 [DVD] (in Japanese). Paramount Japan. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.