- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles (2 cameos)
- Patrick Star
- Twitch (cameo)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Abigail Marge
- Nat Peterson
- Harold (red fish)
- Frankie Billy
- Nathiel Waters
- Snail Bites company worker (debut)
- Snail Bites company owner (mentioned)
- Pet Store employees (debut)
- Daniel the Snail (debut)
- Pat the Snail (debut)
- Female spokesperson (debut)
After SpongeBob watches a commercial at the Krusty Krab about a new snail treat, he goes to the Pet Store to buy a box for Gary. At his house, SpongeBob gives Gary a Snail Bite. Gary likes the treat, so each time he does a trick, SpongeBob gives him a Snail Bite. Unfortunately, as time passes, SpongeBob runs out of treats and Gary's hunger has yet to be fulfilled.
Gary meows all night for more Snail Bites, much to SpongeBob's chagrin. SpongeBob takes Gary to the pet store in the middle of the night to see if there are anymore Snail Bites, to no avail. Later on, SpongeBob tries to leave for work, but Gary will not let him leave, so he tricks Gary into slithering towards the kitchen and runs for it.
When SpongeBob goes to work, Gary enters the Krusty Krab to continue his ongoing plea for Snail Bites. Inspired by a customer's advice, SpongeBob and Gary go to the Snail Bites factory to see if they have any in stock.
An employee tells SpongeBob and Gary that they are closed: the last box of Snail Bites shipped out days ago, they ran out of ingredients to make them, and the owner quit the business completely because his profit was fulfilled. Gary--still annoying him--tells SpongeBob that they should look all around the world to see if there are anymore Snail Bites, a plan that's eventually foiled by the exiguous amount of Snail Bites left on the world.
Since SpongeBob now has no idea how to resolve this dilemma, Patrick promptly arrives and--after being told about the situation--tells SpongeBob that he should tell Gary "No" in a firm voice. SpongeBob is reluctant to confront Gary in such a blunt manner, but is encouraged when Patrick acts like a dog to prompt SpongeBob's firm refusal. At first, SpongeBob can’t do it, even while Patrick to say it. However, once SpongeBob does say "No", Patrick becomes upset and runs home crying from the pressure, despite the fact that he suggested it.
Although with laborious effort, SpongeBob is finally able to turn down Gary's persistent plea for Snail Bites. Surprisingly Gary accepts this and subsequently goes to bed. It is then revealed that Gary had learned his lesson about that doing another thing is more important than begging for a favorite thing the whole day. SpongeBob is surprised that all he had to do was say a simple no.
Meanwhile, it is revealed Patrick has the last known box of Snail Bites and is eating them in his rock. The episode ends with Patrick running out of Snail Bites and starting to persistently meow like Gary.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Coffee Bar - Peter Yorke [Snail Bites commercial]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's gone]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob back at house]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Montage of SpongeBob feeding Gary Snail Bites]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [box is empty]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gary meowing repeatedly]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Treats" written on the wall in slime]
‣ A Casual Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [pet store is closed]
‣ Murder Scene 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Please, I'm just the floor manager!"]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Do you have any Snail Bites?"]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [Gary howls]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (II) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob walks away]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Gary growling at SpongeBob]
‣ Hawaiian Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to work]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Gary bothering SpongeBob at work]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks a lot."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tells Gary that there are no more snail bites]
‣ The Adventurers A - Michael Shapiro [SpongeBob traveling the world]
‣ Buccaneer Overture - David Arkenstone [map of every pet store in the world]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary keeps meowing]
‣ Steel Sting (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I don't know how to say no, Patrick!"]
‣ Cute and Lovable - Phil Green ["Pretend I'm Gary and tell me no."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Do it, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Stop it!"]
‣ Tragic Bridge 2 - Phil Green [SpongeBob struggles to say no]
‣ Lambs in Clover - Jack Strachey [framed photos of SpongeBob and Gary]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer ["There are no more Snail Bites."]
‣ Moloka'i Nui A - Kapono Beamer [ending]
- There are 305 snail treats on the title card.
- Although this episode premiered in 2012, it was made in 2011 according to the credits.
- The statue that Gary creates to get another treat is an allusion to Perseus defeating the giant sea monster.
- It is revealed that Gary's full name is "Gary Wilson Jr.," even though in a few episodes it is said that his full name is "Gary the Snail." While Patrick's last name is Star, Gary's last name should also be Star due to the fact that Gary's father and Patrick's father share a common father. The name of Gary's father was Sluggo, not Gary Wilson. However, he may be named after his grandfather.
- When SpongeBob is trying to go to sleep and Gary keeps him up, SpongeBob's eyes look similar to the ones on the "InSPONGEiac" title card.
- The Snail Bites company worker puts an "S" between the "C" and the "L" when he is spelling "closed," although there is no "S" between the "C" and the "L." He also put a "Z" between the "S" and "E."
- At first, it may seem like Gary is going through withdrawal symptoms (as though Snail Bites were addictive), but it is revealed that he was just responding to not being told "No."
- This is the fourth episode where Patrick eats snail food. The first is "Have You Seen This Snail?," the second is "The Thing," and the third is "Pet Sitter Pat."
- This is the fifth episode where Gary has arms. The first is "Your Shoe's Untied," the second is "The Gift of Gum," the third is "Grooming Gary," and the fourth is "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- When SpongeBob goes to the pet shop on the deserted island, Twitch from "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" can be seen, marking his second appearance in the series.
- When SpongeBob goes to the Viking town, some of the Vikings from "Dear Vikings" can be seen.
- The signs on the Russian pet store "ПЭТ СТОРЭ" and "ОПЭН" mean "PET STORE" and "OPEN" with every Latin letter simply transliterated to its Cyrillic counterpart (not translated into Russian). "ДЛЯ ПРОДАЖИ" is the only phrase translated to Russian and it means "FOR SALE."
- Three of the four pet stores that SpongeBob and Gary visited around the world might be a reference to three past episodes:
- Gary is seen as a baby for the first time.
- This episode reveals SpongeBob first got Gary from the pound.
- Though it seems SpongeBob has a hard time saying "No," he has been firm with Gary and other characters before.
- In "Pizza Delivery," SpongeBob firmly says "No" to Squidward on several occasions.
- In "Welcome to the Chum Bucket," he says "No" to Plankton for making a Krabby Patty.
- In "Gary Takes a Bath," he is determined to get Gary to take a bath and does not put up with his nonsense.
- In "A Pal for Gary," he scolds Gary for being "unfriendly" to Puffy Fluffy.
- There is major discontinuity between this episode and "Have You Seen This Snail?" because there is an image of SpongeBob as a child, holding a small Gary in his hand in that episode, and in this episode there is an image of the day SpongeBob got Gary, where SpongeBob appears to be an adult.
- This is the first episode to play the APM track "Moloka'i Nui (a)" since "Picture Day." It would not be played again until "Old Man Patrick."
- This is the second time SpongeBob has a hard time saying "no", with the first being "The Abrasive Side".
- At the beginning of the Snail Bites commercial, there is an allusion to the classic arcade game Pac-Man.
- One of the tricks Gary does is a reference to the famous magician Harry Houdini, when Gary jumps into a tank of water in a strait jacket and chains, and has to escape.
- Another one of the tricks Gary does is a reference to Evel Knievel, when Gary jumps over the buses and the flames.
- When SpongeBob and Gary are in the Krusty Krab, for several seconds, the spiral on Gary's shell becomes purple and the dots are red.
- When SpongeBob takes Gary down, one of the dots on Gary's shell disappears.
- Gary meowing.
- SpongeBob saying "Well, I just can't say 'no' to my little Gare Bear."