ToyBob seems to have an uncanny likeness to the real SpongeBob, with the exception of the robot's gray, metallic body. The robot also has glowing red eyes, square feet, unjointed elbows and knees, and a nose capable of emitting flames. The robot is powered by a wind-up key located on his back with the sentence "IF FOUND PLEASE RETURN TO THE CHUM BUCKET" on it.
ToyBob's voice is similar to SpongeBob's but with a more robotic reverb to it.
- Super strength: ToyBob's robotic body seems to grant him tremendous strength; enough to rip Squidward's door off its hinge and seamlessly throw people.
- Flamethrower: ToyBob's nose is capable of emitting flames hot enough to burn through the Krusty Krab sign post.
- Size alteration: ToyBob is able to miraculously increase its size into a larger and stronger version of itself.
Role in series
"It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"
Plankton orders ToyBob to wreak havoc on Bikini Bottom after he finds out that SpongeBob is immune to his Jerktonium-laced fruitcakes. ToyBob does things like slamming the door from Squidward's house on Squidward's head, attacking citizens, pursuing Santa Claus, and transforming into a bigger version of itself to spread more destruction and chaos in the city.
Despite the fact that ToyBob looks almost nothing like SpongeBob himself, he manages to fool everyone he encounters, even tricking Santa Claus into thinking SpongeBob and everyone else, except Plankton, had become naughty. Eventually, ToyBob starts to set its sights on eliminating Santa, but SpongeBob manages to defeat and blow up the robot by covering it in fruitcake from Plankton's Jerktonium.
- ToyBob's name was never actually said in "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!"; it is shown only in the episode's end credits.
- Ironically, ToyBob is largely responsible for the failure of Plankton's plan. His attempt to destroy Santa Claus reveals that SpongeBob is innocent of the supposed crimes that put him on the naughty list, and Plankton is revealed as his creator due to printing "If found, please return to the Chum Bucket" on ToyBob's wind-up key.