FANDOM


  • AMK152
    AMK152 closed this thread because:
    16:24, August 17, 2014

    Hello everyone,

    There has been a lot of controvery in regards to "underaged" users which has become unbearable. I have talked to Wikia Staff, and it is not the responsibility of wiki admins to enforce this rule. If someone is underaged (under 13) and you have a problem with it, report it to Wikia Staff, and make sure you have proof.

    What does this mean?

    • 1. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule.
    • 2. No one will be blocked for being or claiming to be underage.
    • 3. All previous bans/blocks for this reason will be removed.
    • 4. The chat policy has changed to reflect this.

    Like I said, if someone is underage, report it to Wikia Staff. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule. If someone is underaged or claims to be, do not ban or block them. Report only to Wikia Staff.

      Loading editor
    • Okay.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Cosmobo get himself kicked outta here because he's under age?

        Loading editor
    • StayPuftMarshmellowMan wrote: Didn't Cosmobo get himself kicked outta here because he's under age?

      Cosmobo has been unbanned.

        Loading editor
    • Road Runner1 would be proud.

        Loading editor
    • Brony Sponge Penguin + Sonic wrote: Road Runner1 would be proud.

      No insults please

        Loading editor
    • Jezz55 wrote:

      Brony Sponge Penguin + Sonic wrote: Road Runner1 would be proud.

      No insults please

      I don't think that was intened as an insult.

        Loading editor
    • thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • Auron~Guardian wrote:
      Jezz55 wrote:

      Brony Sponge Penguin + Sonic wrote: Road Runner1 would be proud.

      No insults please
      I don't think that was intened as an insult.

      It wasen't.

        Loading editor
    • Brony Sponge Penguin + Sonic wrote:
      Auron~Guardian wrote:
      Jezz55 wrote:

      Brony Sponge Penguin + Sonic wrote: Road Runner1 would be proud.

      No insults please
      I don't think that was intened as an insult.
      It wasen't.

      Good.

        Loading editor
    • I'm glad underage users are welcome in this wiki. :)

        Loading editor
    • I'm 14 years old; And I have no problem with this Wikia.

      Still, I'd be more than glad to report the Underaged Users.

        Loading editor
    • Finally... this happened ;)

        Loading editor
    • Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

        Loading editor
    • SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.

        Loading editor
    • AMK152 wrote:
      Hello everyone,

      There has been a lot of controvery in regards to "underaged" users which has become unbearable. I have talked to Wikia Staff, and it is not the responsibility of wiki admins to enforce this rule. If someone is underaged (under 13) and you have a problem with it, report it to Wikia Staff, and make sure you have proof.

      What does this mean?

      • 1. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule.
      • 2. No one will be blocked for being or claiming to be underage.
      • 3. All previous bans/blocks for this reason will be removed.
      • 4. The chat policy has changed to reflect this.

      Like I said, if someone is underage, report it to Wikia Staff. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule. If someone is underaged or claims to be, do not ban or block them. Report only to Wikia Staff.

      what's the big deal

        Loading editor
    • What is a child protection law, anyways?

        Loading editor
    • Friedfear wrote:

      AMK152 wrote:
      Hello everyone,

      There has been a lot of controvery in regards to "underaged" users which has become unbearable. I have talked to Wikia Staff, and it is not the responsibility of wiki admins to enforce this rule. If someone is underaged (under 13) and you have a problem with it, report it to Wikia Staff, and make sure you have proof.

      What does this mean?

      • 1. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule.
      • 2. No one will be blocked for being or claiming to be underage.
      • 3. All previous bans/blocks for this reason will be removed.
      • 4. The chat policy has changed to reflect this.

      Like I said, if someone is underage, report it to Wikia Staff. ESB staff will no longer enforce this rule. If someone is underaged or claims to be, do not ban or block them. Report only to Wikia Staff.

      what's the big deal

      The big deal is that this is a policy change at ESB.

        Loading editor
    • Freeworks wrote: What is a child protection law, anyways?

      See this website: http://www.coppa.org/

        Loading editor
    • Freeworks wrote:
      What is a child protection law, anyways?

      It insures that no child will have to work extreme hours, or work at all.

      (Kind of like slavery, for children. This prevents it)

        Loading editor
    • Thank god for this. I have no prob with underaged people contributing, as long as their edits are good.

        Loading editor
    • Tanhamman wrote:
      Freeworks wrote:
      What is a child protection law, anyways?
      It insures that no child will have to work extreme hours, or work at all.

      (Kind of like slavery, for children. This prevents it)

      uhh , children don't have to work when they're on a computer

        Loading editor
    • AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.

      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki

        Loading editor
    • Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki

      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.

        Loading editor
    • Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.

      Indeed, I'm fine as long as the children are old enough to contribute to this Wikia.

        Loading editor
    • And responsible enough to make good edits.

        Loading editor
    • Yes.

        Loading editor
    • Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.

      children aren't in danger on the internet , and the internet doesn't make children "slaves"

        Loading editor
    • Rorosilky5 wrote:
      Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.
      Indeed, I'm fine as long as the children are old enough to contribute to this Wikia.

      age doesn't matter

        Loading editor
    • Friedfear wrote:
      Rorosilky5 wrote:
      Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.
      Indeed, I'm fine as long as the children are old enough to contribute to this Wikia.
      age doesn't matter

      Unless it's a 5-year-old who doesn't know anything about the internet...

        Loading editor
    • Rorosilky5 wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      Rorosilky5 wrote:
      Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.
      Indeed, I'm fine as long as the children are old enough to contribute to this Wikia.
      age doesn't matter
      Unless it's a 5-year-old who doesn't know anything about the internet...

      Fair enough. However, at this age a responsible parent would be using the computer with them.

        Loading editor
    • Friedfear wrote:
      Greatness The NightWing wrote:
      Friedfear wrote:
      AMK152 wrote:

      SuperBrawl3 wrote: Don't see what the big deal is with being under 13 and editing wikis. As long as they obey the rules for Wikia then there's no problem. By the way I'm over 13 but this is from my perspective.

      It's illegal because of child protection laws.
      uhh , there's nothing "illegal" about a child making edits on a wiki
      COPPA is to keep children safe from adults.
      children aren't in danger on the internet , and the internet doesn't make children "slaves"

      Sorry, but you are wrong there Friedfear. Children can endanger them, their famlies, and others on the internet with the click of a button.

      ON numerous occasions, children have clicked those flashing happy faces, or some scam that opens a new window, and can mess up quite a lot.

      If you've ever heard of "The Black Market", you'll know exactly what it means.

        Loading editor
    • got it

        Loading editor
    • OKAY! This has gone a bit too far, I am going to close this.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.