- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Old lady (debut)
- Carnie (debut)
- Adult tooth (debut)
- Baby tooth (debut)
- Ferry worker (debut)
- Agnes (debut)
- Dr. Mundane (debut)
- Mipsey and Pipsey (debut)
- Monroe Timmy (cameo)
- Seal customer (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob and Patrick are having fun chewing on some salt water taffy at Salmon Sal The Taffy Pal in the Bikini Bottom Fair. Patrick pulls some sweets in his mouth when suddenly, he begins to feel pain and assumes that it has something to do with his teeth. SpongeBob suggests that Patrick should go to the dentist. Although Patrick doesn't want to because he's afraid of the dentist, he reluctantly goes.
At the dentist office, Dr. Mundane checks Patrick's teeth and finds that he still has a baby tooth. He tells Patrick that to make the pain stop, he needs to extract the tooth so the adult tooth can grow in its place. But Patrick refuses to let his tooth go. As they head home, SpongeBob tells Patrick about Tooth Island, a place where the Tooth Fairy sends baby teeth after being extracted from someone's mouth. Patrick still refuses to leave his baby tooth and claims that he knows what's best for it.
As time went by, Patrick continues to suffer pain in his mouth and finally decides to get his tooth to the Tooth Fairy. Squidward, who doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy, rants that there is no such thing. He bets that if SpongeBob and Patrick could prove that if there is a Tooth Fairy, he will eat a bucket of raw chum meat, which disgusts them. SpongeBob suggests to have Patrick's tooth removed, but Patrick doesn't want to and runs away. SpongeBob pursues Patrick in a chase and finally catches him. When SpongeBob showed him photos of how SpongeBob's teeth were handled, Patrick finally decides that it's time to have his tooth removed.
Dr. Mundane successfully extracts the tooth, and at night, Patrick puts his tooth under the pillow so he can go to Tooth Island. While Patrick is sleeping, SpongeBob sneaks in to take Patrick's tooth. However, he got caught by Squidward, thinking that he proved the Tooth Fairy isn't real. Patrick was disappointed and believed that SpongeBob had betrayed him. But SpongeBob doesn't believe that and takes Patrick and Squidward to the docks. There, he shows them the real Tooth Ferry, which turned out to be a cruise ship. Patrick is overjoyed, says good-bye to his tooth, and gets a dollar, which he tells SpongeBob to put under his pillow for tomorrow.
After the ship had departed, SpongeBob and Patrick punished Squidward for trying to ruin their friendship (and ranting that the ferry doesn't exist) and force him to eat a bucket of chum meat as he bet earlier, which resulted from him in losing his teeth which swam to the Tooth Ferry.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [The opening]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick covered in mouse traps/SpongeBob covered in mouse traps.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob wonders where Patrick is.]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Patrick hides at bottle toss stand.]
‣ A Touch of Elegance - Ray Hartley [Patrick and SpongeBob wait at the dentist's office.]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [Patrick fears about the dentist.]
‣ Ode to Peter Cushing - Colin Towns [Patrick enters the dentist's room.]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Dr. Mundane enters.]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Baby tooth in Patrick's mouth]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick spits out SpongeBob.]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green ["I still have a baby tooth?"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["I need to extract the tooth."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You leave my baby tooth alone, you monster!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Tooth Island?"]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob talks to Patrick about Tooth Island.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Patrick walks off.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Patrick's baby tooth crying at night.]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Patrick trying to eat a Krabby Patty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Seal leaves the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (q) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I guess I have to get my tooth to the Tooth Fairy."]
‣ Shock Happening 1 - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob and Patrick gasp.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward says there is no tooth fairy/SpongeBob tries to convince Patrick to go to the dentist.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs away from SpongeBob.]
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob chases Patrick.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield [Baby worms return to the old lady.]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob shows Patrick a photo album of when he had a baby tooth pulled out.]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [Close-up of the old lady's teeth]
‣ A Touch of Elegance - Ray Hartley [Patrick and SpongeBob are at the dentist again.]
‣ Light Link 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [The dentist gives Patrick his baby tooth.]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob is about to take Patrick's baby tooth.]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick is upset.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Follow me, and I'll show you."]
‣ Hawaiian Train - Victor Cavini [Patrick's baby tooth goes to the Tooth Ferry.]
‣ 12th Street Rag 3 with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode was originally titled "The Tooth, The Whole Tooth, and Nothing but the Tooth."
- In the Russian dub, the episode is titled "Зуб, только зуб и ничего, кроме зуба" which is a translation of the original title.
- If the title was not shortened, this would have been the episode with the longest title in the series.
- This is the last time Paul Tibbitt and Kyle McCulloch's names are seen in the opening credits.
- This episode marks the first usage of the production track "Hawaiian Train" since the season 6 episode "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants."
- This is one of the few times that SpongeBob actually gets angry at Squidward and realizes what he did.
- This episode aired ten days earlier than the United States on November 23, 2016 in Israel.
- This episode aired on December 3, 2016 in the US and Russia.
- This episode aired seven years after "Pest of the West" premiered in Poland and twelve years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Mexico.
- This episode aired five days after the US on December 8, 2016 in Poland, Austria, Switzerland, and Norway.
- This was the last episode to premiere in 2016.
- This episode aired approximately 1 month after the US on January 2, 2017 in Greece and it marked the first new episode to air in that country for the 2017 year.
- This episode aired two months after the US on February 7, 2017 in Germany, without being properly advertised.
- This episode aired five months after the US on May 6, 2017 in Canada.
- This episode pokes fun of the tooth fairy not existing as an actual fairy.
- This is the last episode of season 9.
- This episode premiered in Canada 12 years after "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and "Shell of a Man" premiered and one year after "Sold!" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Greece seven years after "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful" and "A Pal for Gary" and six years after "The Algae's Always Greener" and "SpongeGuard on Duty" premiered in Poland.
- This episode premiered in Germany six years after Special Delivery! was re-released.
- Both the final title and the original title reference the phrase "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."
- SpongeBob's quotes "My friendship sense is tingling" is a parody of one of Spider-Man's quotes: "My spidey sense is tingling."
- On DirecTV, this episode is listed as Season 9, Episode 30 instead of Season 9, Episode 26 due to an error with "Whirly Brains" and "Mermaid Pants" being listed as Season 9, Episode 29.
- Squidward is shown to have eight teeth when they break apart from him mouth, yet more than eight go into the ocean.