- Frankie Billy
- Fish from a bathtub
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Squidward Tentacles
- Handsome Squidward (debut)
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Therapist (mentioned)
- Purple Doctorfish
- Nurse Rechid (last name revealed)
- Mable (gray) (name revealed)
- Fred (normal; blue)
- Jennifer Millie
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Abigail Marge
- Martha Smith
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Tina Fran
- Billy (lime fish)
- Gale Rechid
- Miss Shell
- Nathiel Waters
- Nat Peterson
- Vera Fishbowl
- Dennis (citizen)
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Jimmy Gus
- Harry (fish)
- Frank (red shirt)
- Ivy (gray)
- Medley Fishbowl
- Harold (red fish)
- Monroe Timmy
- Susie Rechid
- Grandma Tentacles or Squidward's maternal grandma (mentioned)
- Frank (muscular goldfish)
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Sheldon (fish)
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Miss Rechid
- Officer John Slugfish
- Purple fish
- Incidental 2
- Gary the Snail (cameo in picture)
- Other Bikini Bottomites
Today is "Take-Your-Friend-to-Work day", so SpongeBob brings Patrick to the Krusty Krab and makes him his co-fry cook for the day. SpongeBob and Patrick sing "Squidward Had a Krabby Patty". Squidward becomes very annoyed, so he tells them to stop. However, they ignore him and continue singing, so Squidward goes to the door of the kitchen to yell at them, but just as he reaches the door, the door swings open as SpongeBob comes out singing, and it hits Squidward in the face. Squidward is in great pain, and yells at SpongeBob to take him to the hospital. At the hospital, SpongeBob is nervously pacing up and down and chewing on Krusty Krab hats, when the Purple Doctorfish opens the door to the waiting room. SpongeBob bursts into tears and asks if Squidward is going to be okay, to which the Doctorfish replies by saying they will not know for two weeks.
Two weeks later, SpongeBob goes into the hospital holding a bouquet of flowers. He gives one of the flowers to Mable, who is apparently suffering from amnesia, and then he walks into Squidward's operation room. The Purple Doctorfish says that Squidward had asked to keep SpongeBob far away from him, but SpongeBob promises to stay out of the way. Just as the Doctorfish is about to cut the bandages, SpongeBob interrupts him, saying to not rush it. He then interrupts a second time asking if Squidward has enough "emensmansera," to which the doctor says he has never heard of. SpongeBob interrupts a third time saying the readings on a brain meter (which is actually a television) are wrong, and a fourth time with a television programme. SpongeBob interrupts once more as the doctor angrily wonders what the reason as SpongeBob ironically says it was to apologize for interrupting him, and the bandages are finally cut. Squidward's face is so handsome it causes the doctor and a nurse to faint, and when Squidward looks in a mirror, he is thrilled to see he really is handsome.
As Squidward is walking through town, multiple fish see him, call him handsome and faint. One fish crashes a car, an old lady regains the ability to walk, a blind fish regains the ability to see, and one fish becomes able to fly. Many fish begin taking photographs of Squidward, and one asks for an autograph. Squidward is enjoying the attention. A limo is waiting for Squidward and SpongeBob, which return them to Squidward's house. Many fans follow the limo, and take pictures of Squidward as he walks to his house. Squidward goes to sleep, while a group of fish are chanting 'handsome handsome handsome' outside his house all night. In the morning, Squidward remembers he is handsome, and goes out to greet the crowd, which has grown significantly over night. Suddenly, the fans start trying to take his shirt and eyelids, and Squidward rushes back inside. Squidward instead decides to play them a song on his clarinet, and the crowd cheer for him. But then, someone grabs his clarinet from him as he is leaning out the window, and that fish is attacked by the crowd who also want the clarinet.Squidward tries to take his mind off the incident by having a herbal bath, but someone reaches through the window and grabs his soap. Squidward tries to enjoy his bath, but a huge fish emerges from his bath, and then fish start coming through his window, door and even toilet, and try to 'get' him. Squidward jumps out the window, but the crowd is still outside, and they start to approach him. He runs into SpongeBob's house, who is trimming his toenails, and Squidward begs SpongeBob to help him get his old life back. SpongeBob and Squidward cut through the crowd and run to the Krusty Krab, with the crowd chasing after them.
When they arrive, Mr. Krabs is thrilled to see a crowd of people outside the Krusty Krab, and tells the crowd they can pay to touch Squidward. Squidward asks SpongeBob to smash the door in his face before Mr. Krabs opens the doors to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob does not want to hurt Squidward on purpose, but Squidward tells SpongeBob to hurt him or he will hurt SpongeBob, so SpongeBob repeatedly slams the door in Squidward's face. This ends up making Squidward even more handsome, then suddenly a shoe falls through a hole in the roof. Before it hits Squidward in the head, SpongeBob shoves him out of the way, and he stumbles face first into a pole. This returns Squidward's face to normal, and the crowd leaves. In an attempt to bring them back, Mr. Krabs repeatedly slams the door into Squidward's face, to no avail. Then the episode ends.
In this episode, SpongeBob says, "Handsome. But she spelled it wrong." after Squidward asks what Sadie had called him a moment before. This was an inside joke, where the word, "Handsome" was missing the "d" on the storyboards of that scene.
Originally, the thing that was going cause Squidward to get a broken face was a truck. It was changed to SpongeBob slamming the door on his face because it would have been too frightening to be shown.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["Welcome to the Krusty Krab."/"Excuse me for just a second."/"Remind me to fire my therapist."]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick dancing]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward getting angry]
‣ She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain - Harry Bluestone, James Bland, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob sings as he slams the door in Squidward's face]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward screams]
‣ Classic Soap - Dieter Reith [at the hospital]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [two weeks later]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Right."]
‣ Menace [#42] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob interrupts/SpongeBob interrupts again/SpongeBob interrupts again]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["That is a television set put here for the patients' enjoyment."]
‣ Menace [#42] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob interrupts again]
‣ Classic Soap - Dieter Reith [SpongeBob watching TV]
‣ Menace [#42] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob interrupts again]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just wanted to say sorry for interrupting you before."]
‣ Menace [#36] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [bandages removed from Squidward]
‣ Mists of Illusion - Gilbert Vinter [doctor faints]
‣ Get 'em Off! (a) - Richard Myhill ["Handsome!"]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis [Squidward looks in a mirror]
‣ Get 'em Off! (a) - Richard Myhill ["Wait a second... that nurse was right!"]
‣ Simply Fab - Larry Wilcox [everyone swooning over Squidward]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Squidward wakes up the next morning]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [huge crowd outside Squidward's house]
‣ Box Office [#76] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Good morning, my people."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [someone takes Squidward's clarinet]
‣ Fruity Flute - Harry Bluestone [Squidward taking a bath]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone bursts into Squidward's bathroom]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [crowd chases Squidward]
‣ ? [SpongeBob clipping toenails]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Squidward wants his old life back]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, I know just what to do."]
‣ 60s Dreamer - Michael Rheault, Miles Foxx Hill [they run to the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["You know what the Krusty Krab means to me, don't you?"]
‣ Paroxysms (i) - Trevor Duncan ["We don't have much time."]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Just remember, Squidward, this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you."]
‣ Votre Toast - Paul Pritchard, Georges Bizet [Squidward's even more handsome]
‣ Vesti La Giubba - Ruggiero Leoncavallo, Daryl Griffith [shoe falls from the sky]
‣ Box Office [#80] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward's back to normal]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone leaves]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, Season 5 Volume 2, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was paired with "The Inmates of Summer" during its first airing in Super Stuffed Nicksgiving Weekend 2007.
- The color of the words in the title card represent the color of Squidward's pupils and eyeballs.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to that of "SpongeHenge," the sister episode.
- The title card features some promotional art of Squidward.
- This was Charlie Bean's only episode as writer and storyboard director.
- Squidward's head is really broken twice in this episode because before his face is broken in the beginning, he is shown as a thermometer, and when the mercury reaches to the boiling point, his forehead breaks off.
- Purple Doctorfish, the doctor, differs from his previous episodes in terms of his mean behavior and voice.
- In the patient's room, when SpongeBob watches television, Fred is shown as a doctor with a female fish.
- In the Swedish translation of this episode, SpongeBob calls Squidward sexy, instead of calling him a hunk.
- In the scene where SpongeBob clips his toenails, there is incense burning in the background.
- When SpongeBob is hitting Squidward repeatedly with the door, some cracking noises can be heard.
- On Squidward's second "handsome phase," it is shown that he wears a belt on his shirt.
- "Vesti la giubba" by Ruggero Leoncavallo is heard in the background during the scene when Squidward avoids a falling shoe.
- Squidward's second "handsome face" became a famous meme and running gag on the Internet.
- This episode title is a spoof of the 1957 film, The Three Faces of Eve.
- "Squidward Had a Krabby Patty" is a reference to "Mary Had a Little Lamb." The other two songs are set to "The Can Can" and "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain," respectively.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are first seen, SpongeBob is not wearing his Krusty Krab employee hat.
- The second time they are seen, SpongeBob is wearing his hat.
- During the hospital scene, there is a television set in Squidward's room. Purple Doctorfish says it is for the patient's enjoyment, which Squidward cannot possibly watch due to the bandages on his eyes.
- SpongeBob tells Squidward he's going to cut his toenails right after they get home from the hospital, but when Squidward goes to SpongeBob's house the next day after sleeping through the night, SpongeBob is still cutting his toenails. It's possible SpongeBob put off cutting them until the next day.
- The floor in SpongeBob's house is brown instead of the usual sand floor.
- When Squidward walks in on SpongeBob clipping his toenails, he is wearing only his underwear and nothing else. However, when Squidward pulls SpongeBob by him, SpongeBob is wearing his normal clothes.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward rush into the Krusty Krab and get chased by the Bikini Bottomites, the Chum Bucket from across the street cannot be seen.
- At the Krusty Krab, a red fish in the background only has eye pupils for a moment while Mr. Krabs is speaking. In the next shot, his full eyeballs are back.
- The shoe dropped by the fish who flies after seeing handsome Squidward doesn't crash through the roof of the Krusty Krab until the next day (unless it was actually a different shoe thrown through the roof by one of the customers surrounding the Krusty Krab).
- In the Krusty Krab, when Squidward's face is back to normal, there are only a few characters in the background as if the others had left. But when the camera cuts outside, there is a huge amount of characters before they leave.
- Squidward gets hit in the face with the door.
- Whenever Purple Doctorfish tries to cut the bandages, SpongeBob shouts "Wait!" or "Hold it!"
- The Bikini Bottomites thinking Squidward is a handsome celebrity.