- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- King Neptune
- King Neptune's mother (debut)
- Alien (debut)
- Basketball player (debut)
- Haibi the Snail (debut)
The history begins with SpongeBob telling the story of King Neptune. He says that when Neptune was little, his mother threw him in a river. He then received powers from a space invader when he entered college. He had super strength, so he spends his days saving snails caught in trees.
In the end, it is revealed that SpongeBob is telling the story to Patrick. He asks if it is real and SpongeBob says "sure."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- This short is available on the Triton's Revenge, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Triple Pack 2, Big Hits: Volume 1, SpongeShorts, Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This short premiered on Tom Kenny's 48th birthday.
- On the Triton's Revenge, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs, this short is titled "Neptune's Origins."
- The coin dancer from "Slimy Dancing" makes a cameo as one of the basketball players.
- The part where King Neptune's mother placed the infant Neptune in a clam and let it drift across the sea is a bit of a reference to Moses from the Bible where Moses is placed in a basket when he was a baby as planned by his mother and sister to prevent him from being captured by the Egyptians.