This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
The Seascape Capers is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on January 6, 2004 and contains one episode from season 1, six episodes from season 2, and three episodes from season 3. It was re-released on September 25, 2012.
Amazon Prime Video
Are you ready for a bubble blowing good time with SpongeBob and his pals? Dive down to Bikini Bottom for these 10 underwater nuggets in which bad breath, invisible spray pranks, and a Mr. Krabs robot just touch the surface of deep-sea tomfoolery!
Dive down to Bikini Bottom for this collection of 10 underwater nuggets featuring everyone's favorite sponge. SpongeBob and his Bikini Bottom pals are ready to have a hilariously good time when SpongeBob and Patrick face off in the Fast Food Olympics, where only one will be victorious, SpongeBob tries to teach Squidward and Patrick the fine art of bubble blowing, and Squidward only has one student enroll in his art class – SpongeBob – who proves to be, hands-down, more talented than his instructor. Then whoa! What has SpongeBob's breath smelling so bad?! Then it's time for some underwater pranks when SpongeBob and Patrick get their hands on invisible spray, an underwater romance is brewing when Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff start dating, SpongeBob declares himself too old for Grandma's kissy kisses, a screaming giant oyster wreaks havoc, SpongeBob tells on the Tattletale Strangler, and… is Mr. Krabs a robot?! Find out in this waterlogged collection that'll really float your boat!
|39b - "The Fry Cook Games"|
|2a - "Bubblestand"|
|21b - "Squid's Day Off"|
|60a - "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler"|
|60b - "Pranks a Lot"|
|38b - "Artist Unknown"|
|26a - "Grandma's Kisses"|
|36b - "Krusty Love"|
|49a - "Krab Borg"|
|32b - "The Smoking Peanut"|
|List of home videos|
|- "Grandma's Kisses (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- Currently retired critic Bill Treadway of the DVD Verdict praised the episodes featured. "With a suggested retail price of $16.99, and many stores discounting to $12.99, I can easily recommend the disc. It's worth the purchase price for the two new shorts, which are among the very best SpongeBob SquarePants episodes ever made." He also noted the lack of special features in comparison previous DVD releases of the series, and the inclusion of "Bubblestand," an episode that "has its moments, but it is far from the best this series has to offer," which was featured on The Complete 1st Season box set, which was released in October the year before. "Chances are the fans and admirers own the episode on the earlier set. A much better solution would have been to provide a short that has yet to make its DVD debut, or better yet, give us another unreleased short."
- The back cover of this DVD contains pictures from the following episodes:
- This DVD was released on iTunes on the same day for both the DVD and VHS.
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include older SpongeBob DVDs and VHS tapes, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius DVDs and VHS tapes, Rugrats Go Wild, and The Wild Thornberrys Movie.
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to contain one bonus feature.
- "Bubblestand" is the only season 1 episode on this DVD.
- On the episode selection screen, it mentions that another name for the episode "Pranks a Lot" is "Naked Pants."
- This title is also seen on Digiturk listings.
- This episode is also listed as "Pranks a Lot (AKA Naked Pants)" on Amazon Video.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" and "Pranks a Lot" were released on this DVD before premiering on American television.
- This is the last single SpongeBob DVD until Friend or Foe? to have the full "Nickelodeon" text on the front cover instead of "Nick."
- This DVD was re-released on September 25, 2012 along with Friend or Foe?, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob's Pest of the West, and SpongeBob vs. The Big One as part of The SpongeBob Super Square Collection.
- This is the only DVD re-release in the SpongeBob Super Square Collection not to contain a special episode.
- ^ https://www.45worlds.com/dvd/disc/9324915056565
- ^ Treadway, Bill (2004-03-13). Review - SpongeBob SquarePants: The Seaside Capers. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.