The Seascape Capers is a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD that was released on January 6, 2004 and contains one episode from season 1, six episodes from season 2, and three episodes from season 3. It was re-released on September 25, 2012.
The front cover shows SpongeBob and Patrick sitting with Squidward, who is not amused. There are also bubbles in the background. The re-release has SpongeBob and Patrick having fun and jumping, while Squidward is tired of them. The title is transcribed in green and purple text.
|39b - "The Fry Cook Games"|
|2a - "Bubblestand"|
|21b - "Squid's Day Off"|
|60a - "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler"|
|60b - "Pranks a Lot"|
|38b - "Artist Unknown"|
|26a - "Grandma's Kisses"|
|36b - "Krusty Love"|
|49a - "Krab Borg"|
|32b - "The Smoking Peanut"|
|List of home videos|
|- "Grandma's Kisses (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- Currently retired critic Bill Treadway of the DVD Verdict praised the episodes featured. "With a suggested retail price of $16.99, and many stores discounting to $12.99, I can easily recommend the disc. It's worth the purchase price for the two new shorts, which are among the very best SpongeBob SquarePants episodes ever made." He also noted the lack of special features in comparison previous DVD releases of the series, and the inclusion of "Bubblestand," an episode that "has its moments, but it is far from the best this series has to offer," which was featured on The Complete 1st Season box set, which was released in October the year before. "Chances are the fans and admirers own the episode on the earlier set. A much better solution would have been to provide a short that has yet to make its DVD debut, or better yet, give us another unreleased short."
- This is the first SpongeBob DVD to be released in 2004.
- This DVD contains previews for various shows. These include older SpongeBob DVDs and VHS tapes, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius DVDs and VHS tapes, Rugrats Go Wild, and The Wild Thornberrys Movie.
- On the Episode Selection screen, it mentions that another name for the episode "Pranks a Lot" is "Naked Pants."
- This title is also seen on Digiturk listings.
- This episode is also listed as "Pranks a Lot (AKA Naked Pants)" on Amazon Video.
- "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" and "Pranks a Lot" were released on this DVD before premiering on American TV.
- This is the last single SpongeBob DVD until Friend or Foe? to have the full "Nickelodeon" text on the front cover instead of "Nick."
- This DVD was re-released on September 25, 2012 along with four other DVDs (Friend or Foe?, SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob vs. The Big One, and SpongeBob's Pest of the West) as part of The SpongeBob Super Square Collection.
- This DVD was re-released on Mark Hamill's 61st birthday, 13 years after the premiere of "MuscleBob BuffPants" and "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," and four years after Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition was released in Australia.
- Despite the art used in the DVD cover being from 2004, the design of SpongeBob looks very similar to his design used in season 4.
- ^ Treadway, Bill (2004-03-13). Review - SpongeBob SquarePants: The Seaside Capers. DVD Verdict. Archived from the original on 2013-09-22. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.