The Salty Spitoon is a restaurant/bar for tough fish. It first appears in and is a major plot point of the episode "No Weenies Allowed."
The Salty Spitoon is a light blue and green building with a purple roof that has a lime-green sign atop that reads the place's name in black text. Said sign is held together by two bamboo sticks. There is also an indigo and red chimney on the right side of the building. Lastly, it has wooden sliding doors.
Its location is near Goo Lagoon and is across the street from Weenie Hut Jr's and Super Weenie Hut Jr's. Outside, there is a bouncer named Reg, who determines whether or not a person is tough enough to enter. If they are tough enough, they are allowed to pass and if they are not tough enough, they are asked to leave.
Role in episode
SpongeBob is intrigued to gain entrance into it due to Sandy being granted it. However, Reg does not believe him to be tough enough. SpongeBob tries to prove him wrong many times, such as opening a bottle of ketchup, but none of these attempts work. He also tries gaining entrance through disguise, in that he puts on a clown wig and poses as one of a tough fish's tattoos, to no avail.
However, after SpongeBob stages a fake fight with Patrick to make it look like the former won without even touching the latter, SpongeBob is finally granted access. Unfortunately for him, he is sent to the hospital afterwards and then Weenie Hut General due to slipping on an ice cube on his way in.
Role in video games
It is seen in the GameBoy Advance version, however, it is pink.
The Salty Spitoon appears in the Restaurant District area. The player cannot enter it because it is scenery.
The Salty Spitoon appears as the location of where the player fights the PatBot boss.
The Salty Spitoon appears in the Bikini Bottom levels.
Know Your Nemesis
It can be seen in Plankton's picture.
- Reg: Employee, Bouncer
- Thrown fish: He is thrown out of a window.
- Tough green fish
- Sailor fish: Ate a bowl of nails for breakfast without any milk.
- Sandy: Ripped off Reg's "MOM" tattoo and turned it upside down, reading "WOW," before Reg lets her in.
- Tough fish #2: He knows Reg.
- Drifter: He impersonates SpongeBob.
- Tough fish #3: He can make his seahorse tattoo dance. SpongeBob pretends to be a tattoo on his other arm to try to get in.
- Tough fish #4: He brawls during an argument with tough fish #5. He also knows Reg.
- Tough fish #5: He brawls with tough fish #4 during an argument.
- Tough fish #6: He makes fun of SpongeBob without speaking.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: In order to get in, he stages a fight with Patrick that makes it look like SpongeBob won without even touching him. Because of this, SpongeBob is allowed inside, but slips on an ice cube, causing him to go to the hospital, and later Weenie Hut General.
- In the Sea Stories DVD description of "No Weenies Allowed," this place is mistakenly called "Salty Saloon."
- The interior is never seen throughout its debut episode.