- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Flabby Patty cook (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 14
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 6
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 105
- Pilar Bruiser
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 42
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 150
- Frankie Billy Steve
- Jimmy Gus
- Grandma Krabs (possibly mentioned)
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob is taking out the trash. Then, Plankton is seen trying to, once again, steal the formula. This time, Mr. Krabs lets him have it, then the patty explodes as part of new Krusty Krab security measures that can backfire on customers when a Krabby Patty goes beyond 10 feet of the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is upset that Mr. Krabs and Plankton can't cooperate with each other, and Mr. Krabs claims they're like enemies. The episode plot comes to a jumping-off point when a new eatery called the Flabby Patty Shack is established.
Things take an unexpected turn for them when it turns out the Flabby Patty is better than the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs and Plankton compete to see who can get the secret recipe, but SpongeBob explains it's best if they cooperate. They disguise themselves as an employee applying for a job. The employer hires them and their first assignment is to memorize the secret recipe.
They are excited until the recipe is revealed to be about friendship. SpongeBob is revealed to be the employer and says he created the restaurant to teach them about cooperation. This angers Mr. Krabs and Plankton who think about what they've been through the whole day and how it was all SpongeBob's fault. The episode ends when they chase a scared SpongeBob to brutally repay him with their newly formed "cooperation."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Zelle 502 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton pops out of a trash bag]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Aren't you gonna try and take it back from me?"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Enjoy your Krabby Patty."]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["You must have snapped, Krabs. The Krabby Patty formula is finally mine!"]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabby Patty explodes]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Two customers leave the Krusty Krab]
• Light Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Oh, man. I stole the Krabby Patty fair and square!"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["If only there was some way to bring you two back together."]
‣ Fairies A - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Plankton smells something]
‣ Cosmos Adventure - John Fox [Rocket launch]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green ["That was fantastic!"]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs! Mr. Krabs, I have great news!"]
‣ Fairies A - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Customers vanish from the Krusty Krab]
• Ascending Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and Plankton argue]
• Steel Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [they laugh]
‣ Chasey Racey - Norman Dane [Plankton jumps out of a plane]
‣ Mystery Murder [#60] - Phil Green ["Mr. Krabs, I think we're here."]
‣ Battle Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton falling and screaming.]
• Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Krabs looking for the Flabby Patty formula]
‣ Battle Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton falls down the chimney]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Krabs, Plankton and SpongeBob scream]
‣ Jalopy - Ron Aspery [Krabs hits Plankton with a shovel]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and Plankton refuse to work together]
• Tip Toe Through the Seaweed - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton as a fake restaurant critic]
• Secret Agent 00 SquarePants - Nicolas Carr ["Okay, so here's the plan."]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Ooh, an announcement."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [customers run away]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, how come you're not trampled?"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["That fool Krabs, he blew it again!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["FISH HOOKS! AAAH!!!"]
• Hawaiian Solo Steel - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton trampled]
‣ Sneaking About - Phil Green [Krabs and Plankton in disguise]
• Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs applies for a job at the Flabby Patty]
‣ ? [Krabs and Plankton fight over the recipe]
‣ Light Interlude 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [they read the recipe]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sounds like a recipe for cannibalism."]
• Sponge Funny Slide - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- SpongeBob references "Friend or Foe" when he says that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once best "palsie-walsies."
- The title card for this episode resembles that of "The Original Fry Cook."
- All Steel Licks used in this episode are low pitched.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob makes a different version of a Krabby Patty by himself. The first is "Patty Hype" where in that episode he makes Pretty Patties.
- This is the second episode where Plankton and Mr. Krabs team up together due to a new restaurant having a large amount of customers. The first is "Best Frenemies."
- This is the fourth episode where Mr. Krabs tries to steal another formula. The first is "Best Frenemies," the second is "Spy Buddies," and the third is "Plankton's Regular."
- SpongeBob yelling "The fish hooks are coming!" could be a reference to the episode "Hooky."
- This episode is also known as "Patty Panic" (not to be confused with the online game of the same name).
- This episode premiered on Ricky Gervais' 50th birthday.
- This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
- This episode reveals that SpongeBob has the capabilities to make his own successful restaurant with his own secret ingredient but chooses not to leave the Krusty Krab, proving his loyalty to Mr. Krabs and his restaurant.
- SpongeBob yelling "The fish hooks are coming!" is a reference to Paul Revere saying "The British are coming!"
- When Mr. Krabs and Plankton are in the disguise and SpongeBob tells them about co-operation, SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen.
- When the Krabby Patty explodes, Plankton looks injured, but in the next scene, Plankton is back to normal.
- This also happens when Plankton is trampled by the fish running from the "fish hooks."
- In a failed Danish translation dub, this episode is called "The Other Patrick," even though Patrick is neither seen nor heard in this episode.
- In the French Opening credits, Dani Michaeli is credited as a writer instead of Doug Lawrence.