- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Krabby Patty SpongeBob
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Dennis (citizen)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Jimmy Gus
- Frankie Billy
- Norma Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Frank (red shirt)
- Monroe Timmy
- Jim's bodyguards (debut)
- Jim (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Nathiel Waters
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Tina Fran
- Ivy (gray)
- Officer Johnson
- French Narrator
- Old Man Walker
It is a normal day at the Krusty Krab where Old Man Jenkins is making an order until Jim, the original Krusty Krab fry cook, arrives in his golden limousine. Mr. Krabs and Squidward remember back when the Krusty Krab had "class." Squidward had long hair and Jim was the fry cook. Jim makes a Krabby Patty and SpongeBob eats it and loves it. He wants to cook like Jim, and Jim says not to step on the patty, since the customers run over a Krabby Patty made by SpongeBob when headed to greet Jim.
Jim then gives SpongeBob real lessons, but the latter cannot meet the former's standards, so SpongeBob decides to resign and give his job to Jim. Jim tells SpongeBob he quit because Mr. Krabs laughed at him when he asked for a raise, thinking it was a big joke. Mr. Krabs reveals that SpongeBob has one thing Jim does not have: he is cheap. Jim tells SpongeBob that he could be an even greater fry cook, but only if he leaves the Krusty Krab which he calls a dump, in which SpongeBob says that it's not a dump. Mr. Krabs says insists that it is a dump, but that it's his dump, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [opening]
‣ Romantic Evening - Gary Hughes [adding the love]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson [limo arrives]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's Krabby Patty stepped on]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson ["It's Jim, me original fry cook!"]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr ["He who flipped Krabby Patties in the before time?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["You're doing well, Jim."]
‣ Skaters Waltz - Emile Waldteufel, George Wilson [flashback to when the Krusty Krab had class]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone laughs]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Employee of the Month, huh?"]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's pictures fall on and break]
‣ Cartoon Capers (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob crashes to the floor]
‣ Award Winner 1 - Harry Bluestone [Jim's "Best Employee Ever" award]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [Jim refuses to sign SpongeBob's patty]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah... not unless you look RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn ["One patty, the right way!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's a thing of beauty!"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob eats Jim's Krabby Patty]
‣ A Christmas Fantasy (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Wow... that was amazing!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["Um, Mr. Jim, sir?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob grovels]
‣ Knights of the Air - Sam Fonteyn [Jim critiquing SpongeBob's work]
‣ Knights of the Air Alt. End - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob runs out of the bathroom crying]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob thinks Jim's replacing him]
‣ Fiesta Party - Norman Dane [Squidward dances]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob writes his resignation letter/SpongeBob puts the resignation letter on a mail]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob hides in the freezer]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["This is terrible! No one's making patties!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [Jim asks where SpongeBob is]
‣ Drama Link (a) - Hubert Clifford ["Look at them."]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Long Way Home [#60] - Gregor F. Narholz ["But you're the greatest fry cook in the world."]
‣ Soul Organ Impromptu - Alan Hawkshaw [Jim explains why he quit]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs laughing]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [ending]
- This episode is available on the Friend or Foe?, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, First 100 Episodes, and SpongeBob, You're Fired! DVDs.
- SpongeBob said "goodbye" to 300 frozen patties.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- This episode was available on the Friend or Foe? DVD, released earlier in 2007, before the episode aired on television.
- This is the first episode where the letters in the title card are made out of food. This happens again in "Plankton's Regular," "The Other Patty," and "Free Samples."
- This is the second episode where Squidward looks at himself through a mirror at the Krusty Krab cash register. The first was "Pickles."
- This episode reveals that Jim was the fry cook at the Krusty Krab before SpongeBob.
- Mr. Krabs mentions the episode title when he says, "It's Jim, The Original Fry Cook."
- In the Battle for Bikini Bottom video game, Squidward states he's always been bald. However, this episode portrays Squidward with long, blonde hair.
- This episode premiered on Jim Wise's 43rd birthday.
- This episode premiered one month after the Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille was released, which coincidentally starred Jim's voice actor, Patton Oswalt, as the main character and was about cooking.
- Jim hints that SpongeBob may one day leave the Krusty Krab and be successful on his own.
- When SpongeBob runs out of the stall crying, Wobbles looks inside, sees the flood and exclaims "Aw man!". This is a reference to "The Bully," when Wobbles goes inside the restroom stall, sees a sponge in the toilet, and says, "Oh that's real nice."
- Mr. Krabs acknowledges that the Krusty Krab is a dump.
- In the opening and closing credits, Patton Oswalt's name was misspelled "Patton Oswald."
- Patrick is listed in the credits but he does not appear in this episode.
- Towards the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob creates a heart out of ketchup on a Krabby Patty and it is entirely colored in. In the next shot, it is only an outline.
- In the flashback, the Krusty Krab is shown to be designed in architecturally superior light than its normal state. However, in the flashback where Jim explains why he quit, all the decor is replaced with normal Krusty Krab decor.
- When SpongeBob is talking to Mr. Krabs and says "I never thought about it that way!" one of his green holes turns gray for a split second.
- When SpongeBob is turned into a Krabby Patty in his daydream after eating one of Jim's, he only has one tooth.
- Jim flushing SpongeBob's patties down the toilet.
- Mr. Krabs laughing at Jim's request.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|