- Eugene H. Krabs
- French Narrator
- Jim (debut)
- Jim's bodyguards (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Krabby Patty SpongeBob
- Daydream SpongeBob
- Squidward Tentacles
- Old Man Jenkins (blue)
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 152
It is a normal day at the Krusty Krab where Old Man Jenkins is making an order until Jim, the original Krusty Krab fry cook, arrives in his golden limousine. Mr. Krabs and Squidward remember back when the Krusty Krab had "class." Squidward had long hair and Jim was the fry cook. Jim makes a Krabby Patty and SpongeBob eats it and loves it. He wants to cook like Jim, and Jim says not to step on the patty since the customers run over a Krabby Patty made by SpongeBob when headed to greet Jim.
Jim then gives SpongeBob lessons on how to make his Krabby Patties better, but the latter cannot meet the former's standards, so SpongeBob decides to resign and give his job back to Jim. Jim tells SpongeBob he quit because he wanted to do bigger things with his fry cook career and also because Mr. Krabs laughed at him when he asked for a raise, thinking it was a big joke. Mr. Krabs reveals that SpongeBob has one thing Jim does not have: he is cheap (SpongeBob doesn't care of the raise). Jim tells SpongeBob he's a great fry cook and that he could be an even greater fry cook, but only if he leaves the Krusty Krab which he calls a dump, in which SpongeBob says that it's not a dump. Mr. Krabs says insists that it is a dump, but that it's his dump, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [opening]
‣ Romantic Evening - Gary Hughes [adding the love]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson [limo arrives]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's Krabby Patty stepped on]
‣ Gala Performance - Laurie Johnson ["It's Jim, me original fry cook!"]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr ["He who flipped Krabby Patties in the before time?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["You're doing well, Jim."]
‣ Skaters Waltz - Emile Waldteufel, George Wilson [flashback to when the Krusty Krab had class]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [everyone laughs]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Employee of the Month, huh?"]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's pictures fall on and break]
‣ Cartoon Capers (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob crashes to the floor]
‣ Award Winner 1 - Harry Bluestone [Jim's "Best Employee Ever" award]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [Jim refuses to sign SpongeBob's patty]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah... not unless you look RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!"]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn ["One patty, the right way!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's a thing of beauty!"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob eats Jim's Krabby Patty]
‣ A Christmas Fantasy (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Wow... that was amazing!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["Um, Mr. Jim, sir?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob grovels]
‣ Knights of the Air - Sam Fonteyn [Jim critiquing SpongeBob's work]
‣ Knights of the Air Alt. End - Sam Fonteyn [SpongeBob runs out of the bathroom crying]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob cries]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob thinks Jim's replacing him]
‣ Fiesta Party - Norman Dane [Squidward dances]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob writes his resignation letter/SpongeBob puts the resignation letter on a mail]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob hides in the freezer]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["This is terrible! No one's making patties!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [Jim asks where SpongeBob is]
‣ Drama Link (a) - Hubert Clifford ["Look at them."]
• Solo Steel 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Long Way Home [#60] - Gregor F. Narholz ["But you're the greatest fry cook in the world."]
‣ Soul Organ Impromptu - Alan Hawkshaw [Jim explains why he quit]
• Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs laughing]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [ending]
- This episode is available on the Friend or Foe?, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, First 100 Episodes, and SpongeBob, You're Fired! DVDs.
- This episode was available on the Friend or Foe? DVD, released on April 17, 2007, over three months before it aired on television.
- Mr. Krabs mentions the episode title when he says, "It's Jim, The Original Fry Cook."
- This episode reveals that Jim was the fry cook at the Krusty Krab before SpongeBob.
- In the Battle for Bikini Bottom and Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated video games, Squidward states he has always been bald. However, this episode portrays Squidward with long, blonde hair.
- When SpongeBob runs out of the stall crying, Wobbles looks inside, sees the flood, and exclaims "Aw man!" This is a reference to "The Bully," when Wobbles goes inside the restroom stall, sees a sponge in the toilet, and says, "Oh that's real nice."
- When SpongeBob is crying in the sink, recycled audio from him crying in the season 1 episode "Home Sweet Pineapple" can be heard.
- SpongeBob says, "goodbye" to 300 frozen patties.
- Jim hints that SpongeBob may one day leave the Krusty Krab and be successful on his own.
- Mr. Krabs acknowledges that the Krusty Krab is a dump.
- This is the first episode where the letters in the title card are made out of food.
- This is the second episode where Squidward looks at himself through a mirror at the Krusty Krab cash register. The first is "Pickles."
- This episode premiered on Jeanette Miller's 75th birthday, Alton Brown's 45th birthday, and Jim Wise's 43rd birthday.
- This episode premiered one month after the Disney/Pixar movie Ratatouille was released, which coincidentally starred Jim's voice actor, Patton Oswalt, as the main character and was about cooking.
- In the Welsh dub, the episode's name is "Cogydd Cynta'r Crancdy," which translates to "First Krusty Krab Cook."
- In the opening and closing credits, Patton Oswalt's name is misspelled as "Patton Oswald."
- In the flashback, the Krusty Krab is shown to be designed in architecturally superior light than its normal state. However, in the flashback where Jim explains why he quit, all the decor is replaced with normal Krusty Krab decor.
- When SpongeBob is turned into a Krabby Patty in his daydream after eating one of Jim's, he only has one tooth.
- When SpongeBob says "Wow!," his eyes are half-closed but his eyelashes are still seen.
- When SpongeBob is talking to Mr. Krabs and says "I never thought about it that way!" one of his green holes turns gray for a split second.
- Patrick is listed in the closing credits even though he is neither seen nor heard in this episode.
- Jim flushing SpongeBob's patties down the toilet.
- Mr. Krabs laughing at Jim's request.
- Squidward crying about his lost hair.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|