"The Night Patty" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, SpongeBob helps out the Krusty Krab's night shift crew, but the customers crave something creepier than usual.
Note: All of these characters, except for SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and the French Narrator, are illusions created by The Tidal Zone.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- French Narrator
- Spider creature (debut)
- Jennifer (debut)
- Chuck (debut)
- The Fisherman
- Spongy Spongy (cameo)
- Heart man (cameo)
- Trench Monsters
- Sandy's robot
- Rock Bottomites
- Invisible Stan (debut)
- Sucker shake (debut)
- Squidabeth (debut)
- Maitre D. (debut)
- Barry Blobfish (debut)
The episode begins at Glove World! It is night time and Glove World! becomes closed, and SpongeBob and Patrick get kicked out. SpongeBob wishes that the Krusty Krab would be open at night, and Patrick says that the Krusty Krab is open at night. They go to the Krusty Krab to get a midnight snack. SpongeBob is surprised to see that the whole restaurant is packed with customers.
SpongeBob meets a couple of the unusual customers, and then he meets Squidabeth, the night shift's cashier. SpongeBob orders a krabby patty, but Squidabeth says they don't sell that and he should pick something else that's on the menu. Patrick decides to order one Great Pacific garbage patch, and gets it in a short amount of time. SpongeBob and Patrick eat the meal, and they enjoy it. SpongeBob wants Squidabeth to give the chef his compliments, but she says he can do it himself.
When SpongeBob and Patrick enter the kitchen, they meet Barry the Blobfish. Squidabeth tells Barry that the night train is here. Barry says that he can't do it, so SpongeBob volunteers. Barry has to however get permission from the boss, Nosferatu. Nosferatu gets out of his coffin and examines SpongeBob, and then he's hired. Squidabeth tells SpongeBob to start cooking, so he starts cooking dozens of Krabby Patties.
When the night crowd eats the patties, they unexpectedly hate them, and Squidabeth tells SpongeBob that those patties are terrible. Squidabeth sends SpongeBob back in the kitchen, while SpongeBob questions why the night customers hate Krabby Patties. SpongeBob tries to look for something else in the coffin Nosferatu was in, until he realizes he left the grill on and that he accidentally made some night patties. Squidabeth however likes this and feeds them to the customers, and they like them. SpongeBob tries a night patty for himself and lets out smoke from his holes.
All of a sudden, a ghostly fisherman comes into the restaurant, and everyone gets scared, while he starts taking money from the place. When he tells SpongeBob to give him money, SpongeBob offers a loan, even though the fisherman says he's robbing the place. SpongeBob says that is not nice and puts him under fry cook's arrest. The fisherman doesn't think so, and pulls out his fishing line. But SpongeBob is able to get him and put him into the deep fryer, completely fried.
The customers and Squidabeth however say that the fisherman is not a criminal and that him robbing the place is a night shift tradition. SpongeBob apologizes to the fisherman, and the fisherman accepts. The fisherman than holds SpongeBob and says he's the newest member of the night shift, although he mispronounces his name. However, right after, it's the end of the night shift, and every leaves.
Mr. Krabs comes in the restaurant and asks SpongeBob why he's there so early. SpongeBob says he must've been sleep-working, so Mr. Krabs says he needs to start working. SpongeBob sits down on barrel, only to land on a hook. The scene then changes to the French narrator telling the audience that SpongeBob was working a shift in The Tidal Zone, with The Tidal Zone background being shown. Patrick is then seen riding the night train through The Tidal Zone.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Mod Ghost - Gary Caroll, Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Title card]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Opening at Glove World]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick get off Glove World]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's foot tired and Patrick's foot hungry]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yes, it does!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Chromatic Runs - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob and Patrick drop their Glove World stuff]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VIII) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick enter the Krusty Krab]
‣ L'Horloge Hantee - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Deep sea creatures greet Patrick]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["The night shift surely attracts a different crowd."]
‣ La Panthere Cosmique - Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob meets Squidabeth]
‣ Sailors Delight - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob meets Barry]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry."]
‣ One Zero Zero - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [More crowd arrive at the Krusty Krab by train]
‣ Unknown Track 65 - Nosferatu emerges from ice chest
‣ Spooky Spectre - Eban Schletter [Nosferatu checks SpongeBob]
‣ One Zero Zero - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob is the fry cook]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Invisible Stan take Barry to the hospital]
‣ Funny Blues - Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob serves Krabby Patties to the customers]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Customers hate Krabby Patties]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob emerges from the mountain of rejected Krabby Patties]
‣ ? [SpongeBob goes back to the kitchen]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Krabby Patties aren't slop."]
‣ Tiptoe Quick Peek - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob looking for something at the ice chest]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [SpongeBob looking for something at the ice chest]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Patties burned on the grill]
‣ Mod Ghost - Gary Caroll, Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Customers eating night patties]
‣ La Panthere Cosmique - Jean-Jacques Perrey [More customers eating night patties]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin [Fisherman enters the Krusty Krab and takes money from the customers]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Fisherman takes money from the register/Fisherman orders money to SpongeBob]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (b) - Ron Goodwin ["I don't want a loan!"]
‣ ? ["I'm putting you under fry cook's arrest."]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Fisherman pulls out fishing pole]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Fisherman tries to reel SpongeBob in the pole, but SpongeBob catches him]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Fisherman is not a criminal
‣ L'Horloge Hantee - Harry Breuer, Jean-Jacques Perrey [Night shift is over]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob rubs his eyes]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Night shift?"]
‣ Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Must have been a bad dream, kiddo."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A fish hook?"]
‣ Tidal Zone Theme - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- As of June 22, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 4.5/10 based on 80 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- This episode premiered 15 years after Battle for Bikini Bottom was released, 14 years after Nicktoons Movin' was released, 13 years after "Patrick SmartPants" premiered, 10 years after "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" and "Squirrel Jokes" premiered in Poland, seven years after "Ghoul Fools" premiered, six years after "Move It or Lose It" and "Chum Fricassee" premiered, and one year after "Krabby Patty Creature Feature" and "Teacher's Pests" premiered.
- This was the first episode to premiere during the Sunday SpongeDay event.
- This is the second appearance of The Tidal Zone, the first being in "No Pictures Please."
- This marks the second appearance of the Oceanic Express, the first being in "The Great Patty Caper."
- Heart man, Sandy's robot, Nosferatu, Spongy Spongy, and the Fisherman all return in this episode.
- Glove World! reappears in this episode even though it got shut down in "Glove World R.I.P."
- This episode, alongside a couple of episodes, were leaked in Turkey before its Turkish premiere in a Turkish satellite television provider's (Digiturk) streaming service called beIN CONNECT in January 2019.
- In the line in front of the cash register, the trench monsters from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie can be seen.
- The Patrick in this episode is revealed to be an illusion created by the Tidal Zone.
- Near the ending, Mr. Krabs says that the Krusty Krab doesn't have a night shift, but the Krusty Krab has had a night shift in "Graveyard Shift," suggesting this took place before that episode.
- This episode premiered in South Korea fourteen years after Gone Jellyfishin' and Good Enough to Eat! were released, seven years after SpongeBob Comics No. 7 was released, three years after Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted was released in the UK, and two years after SpongeBob Comics No. 65 was released.
- When SpongeBob looks at the night shift menu and says "boo-gers" his mouth doesn't move for a split second.
- When SpongeBob picks up all of the Character cameos from the Old Episodes, his eyelashes are missing.
- Even though Jennifer (anemone) had devoured a fish known as Chuck (skeleton) and turned him into a skeleton, Chuck still appeared as a fish in later scenes after he got turned into a skeleton.