- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gill (debut)
- Mr. Sea Chicken (debut)
- Sea Chicken Shack commercial announcer (heard only)
- Monroe Timmy
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson
- Abigail Marge
- Sea Chicken Shack cashier (debut)
- Frankie Billy
- Purple fish
- Miss Rechid
- Susie Rechid
- Larry the Lobster (mentioned)
- Old Man Jenkins (mentioned)
- One-Tooth Sally (mentioned)
- Betsy Krabs (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
Mr. Krabs is about to open the Krusty Krab, but no one shows up. A commercial reveals everyone is at the Sea Chicken Shack, a new restaurant which opened that is attracting all of Mr. Krabs' customers.
As a result, he sends SpongeBob to find out what is making them more popular than them. He arrives at the restaurant in a disguise even though he didn't have to. He tells Mr. Krabs that the place is a dump and it smells bad (though the latter could be because Charlie has just run a marathon). Afterward, he gets thrown out when he violates their "No sweatbands rule." The large, outdoor Mr. Seachicken statue is revealed to be the main attraction of the restaurant which is why everyone is going there rather than the Krusty Krab.Mr. Krabs decides he needs an artist and lists people after SpongeBob says he knows one until an annoyed Squidward speaks up and he is revealed to be the person SpongeBob knew. Mr. Krabs belatedly recalls Squidward being an artist and asks Squidward to make a statue of him. Mr. Krabs makes various poses and Squidward keeps saying no until Mr. Krabs holds his arms in the air, and Squidward finds the perfect pose.
It takes Squidward almost one day to finish making the statue. He has Mr. Krabs stand in one position with his hands up in the air for all that time, but Mr. Krabs isn't pleased when the statue is finished. The final result expresses what Squidward may actually feel about Mr. Krabs, as it has spikes and a second mouth near the stomach area. SpongeBob plays on it after Mr. Krabs tells him to make sure it's safe, but it falls on him, which causes an annoyed Squidward to respond with "This is art! Not a swing set!" The statue is not as safe as a playground object, and it is revealed that it could result in a lawsuit. SpongeBob then decides to paint Mr. Krabs gold so the children can play on him instead of the statue, with the episode coming to an end once SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he is "golden."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ High Black Shoes - Tom Hedden [SpongeBob opens the Krusty Krab]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [no customers]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["Where are all me customers?!"]
‣ Classic Soap - Dieter Reith [Squidward watching TV]
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sea Chicken Shack commercial/"Who dares lay claim to the title best restaurant in the sea?"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["There goes me monopoly."]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You want me to go... undercover?"]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr ["...I am gone."]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob standing in line]
‣ Bridge H - Gregor Narholz ["Great Barrier Reef!"]
‣ Carousel Ride - Derek Holt [Giant statue of Mr. Sea Chicken]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A statue?"]
‣ Carousel Ride - Derek Holt [SpongeBob climbing the statue]
‣ Imminent Action - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Of course, Mr. Sea Chicken, you mad trickster."]
‣ Circus Overture - Daniel Jean Jeannin [Krabs says he needs an artist]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, ooh, ooh... I do!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Correct!"]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward agrees to build a statue of Krabs]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Here you go."]
‣ ? ["Anything for the artiste."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [museum collapses]
‣ ? ["I'm gonna be rich!"]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward posing Krabs]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [montage of Squidward building the statue]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs' arm breaks]
‣ ? ["You may be blinded by my genius."]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr [statue revealed]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["What's that supposed to be?"]
‣ Harry the Hippo - Phil Green [statue falls on SpongeBob]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You wanted a piece of art, that's what you got!"]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs painted gold]
- This episode is available on the Complete Seventh Season, Bikini Bottom Buddies, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 18, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 148 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 81 votes.
- Mr. Krabs' safe is located on the top corner of his wall in this episode when it is usually located in the middle.
- When Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that he can turn the sign, SpongeBob says "You don't mean?" and Mr. Krabs replies "Oh, I mean." This line was used before in the first movie in an exchange between Patrick and SpongeBob respectively.
- In Indonesia, after SpongeBob says "Then, like a whisper, I am gone," it cuts straight to the scene where Mr. Krabs says "Are there any unique or interesting amenities that might attract me customers in any way?"
- This episode premiered 11 years after "The Chaperone" and "Employee of the Month."
- The Sea Chicken Shack has a very strict rule where they do not serve anyone with headbands.
- The people Mr. Krabs guesses are artistic are Larry the Lobster, Old Man Jenkins, One-tooth Sally, and his own mother.
- The soap opera Squidward watches in the register, As The Tide Turns, is a reference to As the World Turns.
- When SpongeBob opens the door to the Krusty Krab and sees no customers, the Chum Bucket is missing from the scene.
- When SpongeBob starts talking to Mr. Krabs, Nat Peterson is in front of him. Then, when he starts talking about the smell, Charlie is shown in front of him instead of Nat.
- When Mr. Krabs guesses Larry, the closed captions misspell his name as "Harry."
- When Squidward is done with the masterpiece, Mr. Krabs is naked, but when Mr. Krabs walks over to see it, he suddenly has his clothes on.