"The Lineman" also known as "Forearm Shiver," was composed by Sam Spence. It is used as the theme for Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes. The main instruments being played in the piece include a baritone saxophone, drum set, other brass instruments, other saxophones, a timpani, and a bass.
- 6a. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" - Title card; Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fight SpongeBob and Patrick; "Sea creatures, attack!"
- 20b. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II" - Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy drive off in their invisible boatmobile; Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy hear the conch signal again; "To the invisible boatmobile!"
- 31a. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" - Title card; SpongeBob and Patrick slide down the ropes to the invisible boatmobile.
- 45a. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" - Title card; Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy run away from the autograph hound SpongeBob; "Get SpongeBob!;" Everyone attacks SpongeBob.
- 52b. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" - Title card
- 67b. "Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture" - Title card (slightly slowed down)
- 94b. "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" - Title card (slightly slowed down); Fry Boy feeds Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy some fiber.
- 117a. "Shuffleboarding" - The runaway Mermarang causes havoc at Shady Shoals Rest Home; Montage of SpongeBob and Patrick throwing innocent people in jail
- 205b. "Mermaid Pants" - Background music to "Mermaid Man Our Hero;" SpongeBob and Patrick pose; The ending
- 219a. "Man Ray Returns" - SpongeBob and Patrick fight with Man Ray.
- 12b. "Super Sitters" -
- Between "Shuffleboarding" and "Mermaid Pants," it took more than 7 and a half years for this track to return.