The Krusty Sponge is a SpongeBob-themed version of the Krusty Krab restaurant. It appears in the episode of the same name.
- SpongeBob drinking straws
- SpongeBob napkins
- SpongeBob coasters
- SpongeBob bibs
- SpongeBob ice cubes
- Autographs: $4.99 or $5
- Fun Train: $1.98
- Squidward Tentacles - He dresses up as the restaurant's mascot, SpongeBob. He gives out autographs and cooks, while having difficulties. He also operates the fun train for judge Horace A. Whopper at the end of the episode.
- SpongeBob SquarePants - He drives the Krusty Sponge Fun Train for the customers, which ends up being exhausting for him. However, he is not recognized as the real Spongebob.
Mr. Krabs is arrested by an agent for selling the poisonous Spongy Patties. The case is the entire community of Bikini Bottom against Eugene H. Krabs, who knows he cannot win the lawsuit and is doomed to be imprisoned. However, before the trial concludes, Krabs notices that the judge is a Spongebob fan and strikes a bargain - The judge will drop all charges against Krabs in exchange for free Krusty Sponge Fun Train rides for the rest of the day. The restaurant goes back to normal while Squidward continues to pedal the train.
Role in episode
Inspiration and changes
Inspired by Gene Scallop's feedback on a television review praising Spongebob, Mr. Krabs decides to make the Krusty Krab SpongeBob-themed and renames it the "Krusty Sponge." Changes include a sign with SpongeBob wearing a Krusty Krab employee hat that reads "The Krusty Sponge" in red letters. Outside the restaurant is a fun train that SpongeBob constantly pedals without a break. Inside, Squidward is dressed in a SpongeBob suit and is put on grill duty.
Due to the poisoned patties called "Spongy Patties," many customers start a trial against Mr. Krabs. The patties turn everyone yellow with olive green spots, making them resemble SpongeBob while bringing stomach pain.
Mr.Krabs was later convicted of multiple charges, which were dropped when he and the judge reached a consensus.
- The Krusty Sponge's monument of a giant SpongeBob holding a giant Krabby Patty is a spoof of the Big Boy Restaurants chain.
- This is the first time Mr. Krabs changes the name of the Krusty Krab without dropping the "Krusty" part.