- Squidward Tentacles
- Orange fish (debut)
- Jimmy Gus
- Nat Peterson
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gene Scallop (debut)
- Bob (debut)
- Barbara (debut)
- Kittens (debut)
- Norma Rechid
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Goat (mentioned)
- Frank (red shirt)
- Frankie Billy
- Martha Smith
- Tina Fran
- Medley Fishbowl
- Vera Fishbowl
- Miss Shell
- Abigail Marge
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Miss Rechid
- Debbie Rechid
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Mrs. Tentacles (mentioned)
- Susie Rechid
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Nathiel Waters
- FBI agent
- Horace A. Whopper (debut)
One day at the Krusty Krab, Squidward noticed that SpongeBob was not filling orders, so he goes to investigate with Mr. Krabs. He discovers that SpongeBob has something Mr. Krabs describes as the "1,000 yard stare" and they both discover a calendar in his hat that has the date of that day circled and that on that day, a food critic was coming for a visit.
Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are both in shock as Gene Scallop (food critic) walks in the doors. As he is having his first glimpse of the restaurant, Squidward rudely asked if he was coming in or out, and drove him away with other rude comments. Mr. Krabs stops him and serves him a Krabby Patty but he takes a bite and leaves the restaurant in a hurry. Mr. Krabs loses hope.
SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward watched as the critic gave his review on the Krusty Krab, only to soil it. He says that the Krusty Krab "smelt like the rear-end of a goat. Baaaaa! Phhhpt!" as the customers hear the review they begin to leave in displeasure, but Gene says that the Krusty Krab is a big success because of the Krabby Patty and SpongeBob was no square when it came to cooking, ending with a good review. The customers come back pleased and prepared to eat.
The next day, SpongeBob goes to work and sees that there is a new sign at the Krusty Krab, reading The Krusty Sponge, he also sees a long line, and Squidward in a SpongeBob costume as the restaurant's mascot. SpongeBob oblivious to the costume compliments him on his shoes but Squidward scares him off with a hiss. A boy named Tyler asks Squidward in his SpongeBob costume for his autograph and Squidward accidentally slaps him, disappointing Mr. Krabs especially when the kid wouldn't pay for an autograph. SpongeBob finds out that his new job is to run a train outside the Krusty Krab, which Mr. Krabs charged customers to ride. Mr. Krabs has Squidward cook and bathes in his money before Squidward tells him of delivery man here to see him. It is shown he has continued to order more SpongeBob related items such ice, aprons, and other things as Squidward questions if he is going too far but Mr. Krabs insists Squidward works while showing clear signs of delusion. Mr. Krabs later has Squidward (who has managed to cook) serve the new Spongy Patties (actually tainted meat), Krabby Patties that look like SpongeBob since they couldn't fit in the fridge with the ice cubes. When Squidward questions him on serving rotten meat, Mr. Krabs realizes his point before he doubles the price for them.
When SpongeBob is out of energy from driving the train, he stops pedaling but his passengers unfortunately do not care in the slightest at how obviously exhausted he is and believe he is an impersonator of SpongeBob. They soon demand on the threat of riot that he keep pedaling. SpongeBob manages to slip away after putting his statue in his place. He enters the Krusty Krab and discovers Mr. Krabs had gotten all kinds of new products, customized to look like SpongeBob.
He also discovers that the new Spongy Patties were making people sick by turning them yellow with spots like SpongeBob and giving them terrible stomach pains. SpongeBob gets Mr. Krabs to come out and when he sees the customers, he thinks he is invaded by zombies who want to eat his money and tries to protect his fortune. However, SpongeBob stops him and explains they are actually his customers who ate the Spongy Patties. A customer eats one of his sick friend's patty and is disgusted, he confronts Mr. Krabs over it before he gets sick as well while SpongeBob tells his boss that he has poisoned his customers. Mr. Krabs is shocked as he realizes what he has done, he tries to explain but is arrested by the angry customer who is actually a cop.
In court, Mr. Krabs feels guilty on his act and the jury headed by Gene Scallop finds him guilty, and Mr. Krabs accepts the charges. Just as Mr. Krabs is about to go to prison, he makes a deal with the Judge, who was a huge SpongeBob fan. The deal is that SpongeBob goes back to cooking while Squidward has to drive the Judge around on the SpongeBob Train for the rest of the day if Mr. Krabs does not want go to prison. Squidward depressingly drives the Judge around the SpongeBob train and the Krusty Krab returns to normal.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Nicolas Carr [title card]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [opening]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob not moving]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Well, his spatula's still warm."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Krabs enters]
‣ Someone Coming - Raymond C. Jones ["He's got the thousand-yard stare."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Important food critic visits Krusty Krab?!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Krabs shivering]
‣ High Noon - John Anthony [Gene Scallop enters]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Well, hello!"]
‣ High Noon - John Anthony [Gene walks up to the register]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Gene's about to leave]
‣ The Gunfighter - Franco Micalizzi, Roberto Predagio [SpongeBob makes Gene a Krabby Patty]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [customers start to leave]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Gene praises SpongeBob]
‣ Hollywood Glitz [#12] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [new sign]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Just making a few cosmetic changes."]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players ["Captain! My spatula is missing, sir!"]
‣ Steel Licks (g) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs puts Squidward on grill duty]
‣ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - train ride
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward in the kitchen]
‣ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - SpongeBob getting tired at the train ride
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward enters Mr. Krabs' office]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [boxes of SpongeBob merchandise]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [rotten yellow patties]
‣ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - SpongeBob gets tired at the train ride
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone yelling at SpongeBob]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob sneaks away]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob screams]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [zombies]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs having dinner with his money]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["Great Neptune's mother's stockings!"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [sick customers]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Mr. Krabs, what have you done?"]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs arrested]
‣ People's Court - Alan Stanley Tew [Krabs in court]
‣ Funeral Music - Alfred Kluten [Krabs found guilty]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Eh, hang on a second there, judge."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Permission to approach the bench, Your Honor."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob back in the kitchen]
‣ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme - ending
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of February 1, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.8/10 based on 222 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.6/10 based on 130 votes.
- This episode is paired up with "Squid Wood" on TV.com.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- This is the only season 5 episode where Mr. Krabs is the main antagonist.
- This episode aired in Germany on June 28, 2007, before it aired in the USA.
- This is one of two episodes where the Bikini Bottomites actually DO become zombies. The other one is "Krabby Patty Creature Feature."
- The calendar in SpongeBob's Krusty Krab Employee Hat has a lion on it. This is the Zodiac sign Leo, which indicates it was probably between July and August 23.
- This is one of few episodes to reveal what time the Krusty Krab closes.
- When it's revealed that SpongeBob is petrified because he's worried about an important food critic's visit, Squidward says, "Only a complete moron would worry about what some critic has to say." In other episodes, Squidward himself is worried about what other critics have to say about his art.
- Gene Scallop has a similar appearance to the DJ in the Thug Tug from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- According to the episode's Bubble Burst Trivia Facts (found on Season 5 Volume 1 DVD Special features), Gene Scallop could have been named Gene Shallots, since shallots are also food.
- The sign next to Squidward (when wearing a SpongeBob costume) says "As Seen on TV," a reference to the episode of the same name.
- The SpongeBob costume that Squidward wears is based on the actual SpongeBob costume since he is unable to use his actual arms like the real costume and its arms are like sticks.
- The music heard at The Krusty Sponge Fun Train is a carnival version of the SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song.
- When Mr. Krabs escorts the SpongeBob boxes into his kitchen, he is seen spazzing, as to indicate that Mr. Krabs either pulled a muscle or cracked his back. This was first seen and mentioned in "The Lost Mattress."
- The changes Mr. Krabs made were:
- The combination of spots and yellow skin is a reference to chicken pox and yellow fever which both show symptoms on a person's skin.
- A customer is seen holding a spoon and a fork at the Krusty Krab. Even though, it is shown that there are no meals that require silverware at the Krusty Krab.
- Bikini Bottomites thought they were zombies before in the episode "Once Bitten."
- Some fish from "Krabs vs. Plankton" are seen in the court. That might be because the producers might have reused the court backgrounds.
- One could question how legal it would be for Mr. Krabs to bribe the judge with Squidward's services, yet Mr. Krabs is not shown to be in trouble with the law in future episodes.
- Mr. Krabs' greed is really shown as he would sell rotten patties and double the price for profit while disregarding the health violations. Of course, like in most episodes, Mr. Krabs greed makes him act stupid to not realize the health violations.
- For Gene to have food poison, implies he made a second (off-screen) visit to the Krusty Krab.
- In Bahasa Malaysia version, the prison's word is replaced with river.
- In the Welsh dub, Gene Scallop is named Dudley Dwr.
- This episode premiered on the same day Behold, No Cavities! was published and two years before My Pet Sea Monster was published.
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's name is "Spužva Bobova Poslastica", which would translate, if it was the name of the restaurant "SpongeBob's Confectionery."
- Irony: A fish riding the fun train says "That's the worst SpongeBob costume I've ever saw," yet the actual SpongeBob is operating the train.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs goes to court. The first was in "Krabs vs. Plankton."
- The fame and popularity that SpongeBob SquarePants has in this episode is a shout-out to the massive amount of popularity that he has in the real world.
- Though not explicitly implied, the man in the beginning who is of low intelligence and obese is similar to the character Fred Fredburger from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, of whom writer/storyboard artist C.H. Greenblatt had voiced.
- The thousand-yard stare is a real condition wherein a person suffering from posttraumatic stress disorder stares into deep space after continuous exposure to traumatic events. This concept was popularized after being commonly found in returning soldiers from the Western Front during World War I.
- Gene Scallop is a spoof of his real-life counterpart Gene Shalit.
- The Krusty Sponge's monument of a giant SpongeBob holding a giant Krabby Patty is a spoof of the Big Boy Restaurants chain.
- The judge's last name is "Whopper," which is a parody of the signature hamburger sold by Burger King. This makes sense as Burger King used to put out SpongeBob SquarePants toys whenever there was a big SpongeBob event happening and often promoted SpongeBob in any way.
- "Whopper" is also a fishing term for a very large fish, especially one that got away.
- The judge's name may also be a reference to Judge Joseph A. Wapner, a retired former American judge and former TV judge in the courtroom reality show The People's Court. The show's theme plays during the episode after the cut to the courtroom.
- In the beginning, Dale and Jimmy Gus are behind the orange fish customer, but in the next scene, Nat gets his order taken.
- Squidward's arms cannot move when he is trying to give the child an autograph while he is in the SpongeBob costume, but they can when the judge rides the SpongeBob train.
- When the train is first shown in the second to last car, Miss Rechid is gray, but in the next shot she is blue.
- When Squidward is cooking Krabby Patties with his nose, the grill is on the opposite side of the kitchen. This error also happened in "Your Shoes Untied" Although, earlier in the episode, the grill is in its original area.
- When Squidward is hissing at SpongeBob, his mouth is shown, even though the part of the SpongeBob costume (the Krusty Krab hat) doesn't have a hole for it.
- Even though the patties make the fish yellow with green spots, when Jimmy Gus is shown in the stands he is normal with yellow spots.
- At the end, with Squidward driving the Judge on the train, and SpongeBob behind the grill, it is not mentioned if there is still a cashier at the Krusty Krab.
- When a female fish says "That's the worst SpongeBob costume I've ever seen," she has a man's voice.
- In the courtroom scene, Gene Scallop says: "We, the jury, find the defendant, Eugene A. Krabs, guilty of all charges," but Mr. Krabs' middle name starts with H.
- Squidward in the SpongeBob costume was seen near an "As Seen on TV" sign, but when the kid comes to ask for his autograph, it's gone.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|