"The Krusty Slammer" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Mr. Krabs turns the Krusty Krab into a jailhouse after Plankton breaks the law, but crime only pays for so long.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Tattletale Strangler (cameo)
- Popeye fish
- Stickyfins Whiting
- Dorsal Dan
- Orange fish
- Wobbles (name revealed)
- Squid Cellmate
- Officer John Slugfish
- Bikini Bottomites
- Shelley (cameo)
The episode starts with Plankton vandalizing the Krusty Krab and all parts of town with pictures in an attempt to make people think that Mr. Krabs is a jerk. However, he is arrested by the lady officer, who reveals that vandalism is a crime after he protests that he did not steal anything too. She walks him to prison, with a gloating Mr. Krabs tagging along.
However, the jail is full, so the lady officer sends him free. She then says that she wishes that someone could open a second jail in Bikini Bottom, and that she could give them a myriad of money. Mr. Krabs hears this and takes the offer. The lady officer drops a wrecking ball on Plankton, and gives Mr. Krabs the money.Mr. Krabs rolls around the wrecking ball with Plankton tethered to it to the Krusty Krab, hitting Squidward while he is scraping gum off one of the tables! Mr. Krabs then announces to the Krusty Crew that he's converting the Krusty Krab into a prison. SpongeBob gets excited, but Squidward doesn't care. Mr. Krabs tells them both to get back to work while he deals with Plankton. He is then seen in his office, putting Plankton in a bird cage. However, Plankton tries to trick Mr. Krabs to leave the room by saying there is a penny on the floor but this plan fails, and Mr. Krabs gets very sad. As a result, he decides to give him a bigger punishment.
Mr. Krabs goes to SpongeBob, who is cleaning, and puts Plankton inside of SpongeBob through the holes. He then plugs SpongeBob's hole, and SpongeBob laughs. The lady officer then appears, saying that she's got more money to give for more prisoners. The prisoners come out of the van that appears in front of the Krusty Krab, all acknowledging that they've been to the place before. Mr. Krabs accepts and receives the money, and then asks SpongeBob to add cells to the restaurant.
The Krusty Krab is then turned into a prison, although Fred dislikes the change. Mr. Krabs then announces a new restaurant then and menu item related to the new prison, as one of the prisoners likes the idea. He then decides to let Plankton out of SpongeBob. When he pulls out the plug and sees that Plankton has become hysterical inside SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs takes out Plankton, and then cuts to him putting Plankton inside the Krabby Patty secret formula bottle and takes out the formula itself so Plankton can fit. Plankton becomes sad since he's so close to the formula yet so far, and Mr. Krabs smiles.
SpongeBob is then seen giving out mail to all the prisoners, which there is plenty of. Mr. Krabs is then seen giving punishments to Plankton in multiple forms, until the lady officer comes and says Plankton's sentence is up. Mr. Krabs is upset as he says he wanted to give more punishments, but Plankton comes out and says to enjoy a prison without him. He then runs away, saying that he hopes the prison is worth what he's paying for it.
Mr. Krabs does not understand, until he realizes that all the prisoners have expensive items in their cells and are having Krabby Patties. Mr. Krabs gets mad and asks SpongeBob what he is doing, since it costs a lot to make the prison look humane. Mr. Krabs then takes away all of the comforts SpongeBob gave to the prisoners and takes out the Krabby Patties of two prisoners and shoves them into a regular customer and takes their money. Mr. Krabs says that from now on, patties cannot be served to prisoners, but the prisoners get mad and throw tomatoes at him for his actions. The customers get annoyed by this as well, and leave the restaurant.
Mr. Krabs gets sad from the customers leaving the restaurant, and decides to let the prisoners go from their cells and pushes them out of the restaurant. Mr. Krabs orders them to leave his business. He then comes back into the restaurant, relieved, saying the problem is resolved. He then throws a protesting SpongeBob back into work. Later that night, the prisoners come inside SpongeBob's house at night while he is sleeping, and they wake SpongeBob up. SpongeBob asks why they came into his house, and they say that they miss being at the Krusty Krab, since they were having fun with SpongeBob. SpongeBob then decides to do a jailbreak-in to get the prisoners back into the Krusty Krab into their cells.
The next day, Mr. Krabs walks to the Krusty Krab to start another day, and when he comes in, all of the prisoners say good morning to Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs obliviously says good morning to them back, until he realizes the situation at the moment. He then gets mad at SpongeBob because he sent all the prisoners away the previous night, but asks him why they were placed back in their cells. A nervous SpongeBob tells him it wasn't the best time to say that, as the lady officer, who is sitting at a table eating a Krabby Patty overhears this. She reveals to Mr. Krabs that it is actually a crime to set prisoners free early ahead of time like he did and arrests him for admitting his act. At first, Mr. Krabs is shocked to learn this news but becomes okay with it, since he thinks that he'll be put in the Krusty Krab prison, while telling SpongeBob to set a massage appointment for him. However, the lady officer states that since the Krusty Krab is full, she's putting him in a new prison meant for just him. A defeated Mr. Krabs already knew where he was headed.
The episode ends with Mr. Krabs in a birdcage at the Chum Bucket, with a gleeful Plankton getting revenge on him for his earlier torture by throwing chum at the crying Mr. Krabs.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton painting graffiti on the Krusty Krab]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Plankton arrested]
‣ Sailor's Sting 22 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Vandalism's a crime, too. You've been caught red-handed, Plankton."]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Prison is full of prisoners]
‣ Tympup B - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Police officer holds up pile of money]
‣ The Frycooks Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You got yourself a deal!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs takes police officer's money]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs throws Plankton on the iron ball to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton and the iron ball rolls through the door of the Krusty Krab and hits Squidward]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Enjoy your ride, Plankton?"]
‣ Fight for Ol' Schaefer U. - Will Schaefer ["Oh, hooray! Prison!"]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, big deal, I've been a prisoner here for years."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Krabs puts Plankton in a cage]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton screams in pain as he's caught in a trap]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton tries to escape from the trap]
‣ Blood in the Gutter - Laurie Johnson [Krabs frees Plankton from the trap]
‣ The Unknown - Ralph Dollimore [Krabs drops Plankton into SpongeBob's body]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["And don't let him go nowhere!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob laughing as Plankton punches him]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Police officer appears at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["More prisoners?"]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Truck full of prisoners arrives at the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "I gotta go incarcerate all this cash."
‣ Hot Fuzz 11 095 G - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Prison cells around the Krusty Krab]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Plankton going nuts inside SpongeBob's body]
‣ Street Stalker - Norman Dane [Krabs puts Plankton inside the bottle of the secret formula]
‣ Hot Fuzz 11 095 G - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob delivers the mail to the prisoners]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What? But I have so many more punishments for him."]
‣ Daring Escape - Kenneth Essex [Plankton leaves the Krusty Slammer]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wonder what he means by that."]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Krabs sees Fred going to sleep on a luxury cell]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe C - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [Krabs sees prisoners having good deal on their cells]
‣ Hawaiian Slide - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Hot cocoa forms into dollar signs]
‣ Big Boss - Karl Lothar Mikulicz [Krabs takes away luxuries off the prisoners]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Prisoners throwing tomatoes]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, I'm ruined!"]
‣ Hot Fuzz 11 095 G - Steve Sechi/Big Fish Audio [Krabs releases all the prisoners]
‣ Cheap and Frozen Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, finally. The Krusty Krab is back to being a regular old money-making restaurant."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Prisoners enter SpongeBob's house at night]
‣ Aloha Lui Lui - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["We want to go back to the Krusty Krab."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gasps]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I set all these criminals free last night!"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Police officer arrests Krabs]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme I - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- Although the episode aired in 2019 this episode was made in 2018 according to the credits.
- Dorsal Dan and Stickyfins Whiting appear for the first time since "The Getaway" from season 10.
- On one of the prisoners TVs, a scene from The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy can be seen.
- The Tattletale Strangler makes a cameo in a jail cell, but has no speaking role
- Several prisoners from past episodes, specifically "Jailbreak!," reappear.
- The series has now had a jail-centered episode for four consecutive seasons since season 9. Those episodes are "Jailbreak!," "The Getaway," "Call the Cops," and this episode.
- This episode takes place after "Call the Cops," since Plankton and the lady officer already knew each other when Plankton said he "have doing nothing this time."
- Plankton makes the popular surprised face from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie when Mr. Krabs gets him out of SpongeBob's hole.
- This is the second episode in which the surprised faces are seen, with the first being "Scavenger Pants."
- This is the first episode where Plankton defeats Mr. Krabs in the end, despite still failing to steal the Krabby Patty formula.
- This marks one of the few episodes where Plankton wins in the end.
- This episode premiered two years after "Sold!" and "Lame and Fortune" premiered in Central and Eastern Europe.
- The unnamed purple fish from "Chocolate with Nuts" is revealed to be named Wobbles in this episode.
- When this episode premiered in Wallonia, a "Nieuwe Aflevering" (New Episode in Dutch) watermark was combined with the Nickelodeon screenbug.
- In one of the jail cells, the famous paintings Mona Lisa and The Starry Night are seen hanging on the wall.
- One of the prisoners SpongeBob delivers mail to is a genius brain-jellyfish creature who resembles famous German physicist Albert Einstein, and is sticking his tongue out in a similar way to the iconic Einstein photo.
- Fred and Dennis switch between customers of the Krusty Slammer and prisoners throughout the episode.