"The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eight. In this episode, a Krabby Patty grows too large after Mr. Krabs adds Sandy's scientific ingredients to it.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Giant Krabby Patty (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
SynopsisWhile he was looking for spare change as usual in his cheap ways, Mr. Krabs noticed an over-sized soy bean near Sandy's treedome. Interested in what could have enlarged the plant, he asked Sandy a tour of her residence. Sandy revealed the growth serum that made the plant enlarged, prompting Mr. Krabs to use it in a Krabby Patty. Using Sandy's phone, he called SpongeBob for a Krabby Patty to test the growth serum. Sandy agrees to use the serum on the Krabby Patty, but only one drop. The experiment, to Krabs' satisfaction, works. Sandy abruptly excuses herself to use the toilet, leaving the serum with Krabs. He promptly pours every drop on the patty, guaranteeing another money-making scheme. However, the patty keeps growing. Havoc ensues.
Mr. Krabs, still thinking it would make him rich, tried to keep SpongeBob and Squidward at the Krusty Krab to work until Mr. Krabs sees the cash register getting buried by it. He then runs to save it but is then swallowed up as well. SpongeBob and Squidward then ran away as the Krabby Patty devours the whole Krusty Krab completely. In the Chum Bucket, Plankton sees it, and thinking that it was the biggest Krabby Patty that he has ever seen, he runs to it. SpongeBob tries to warn him that he has to get away from the patty, but he never listens, getting swallowed up as well. Now expanding to a colossal scale, it began consuming Bikini Bottom.
SpongeBob runs, hoping to find a solution at Sandy's house, finds her treedome destroyed. Sandy calls to him from her helicopter, and she reveals that the only way to reverse the extending process was if SpongeBob got direct contact with the big patty. SpongeBob complied and absorbed the giant mass of meat into his absorbent body. Everything was back to normal except for SpongeBob in Krabby Patty form and huge. The Krabby Patties which were absorbed were added as Pre-Absorbed Patties in the Krusty Krab. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs selling rare absorbed Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob makes it with his thumb from the Krabby Patty, because he was elongated with absorbed meat.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [title card]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [giant soybean]
‣ Cartoon Sting 8 - "Good afternoon, Miss Sandy."
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [puzzle that solves itself]
‣ Lite Conversation - Gerhard Narholz ["Tell me about your giant soybean."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Gerhard Narholz [SpongeBob arrives]
‣ Clowning Around - Krabs pours all the growth serum on the Krabby Patty
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob brings the giant patty into the kitchen]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Order up, Squidward!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [giant patty swallows the grill]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs stops SpongeBob, Squidward from leaving]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [patty swallows cash register]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Out of the Crypt - Harry Lubin ["It's the largest Krabby Patty the world has ever seen!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - David Farmon ["It's... gorgeous!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [townspeople running from the patty]
‣ Tower of Evil - Jane Antonia Cornish [patty crushing buildings]
‣ The Mob (Nicolas Carr) - Nicolas Carr [cop writing a ticket]
‣ Tower of Evil - Jane Antonia Cornish [patty swallows car]
‣ The Mob (Nicolas Carr) - Nicolas Carr [cop walks away]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [patty invades Bikini Bottom]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [exterior of SpongeBob's pineapple]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Gary yawns]
‣ Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter, Jill Sobule [patty swallows pineapple]
‣ Red Alert - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Wake up, Patrick!"]
‣ ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just had the strangest dream."]
‣ Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter, Jill Sobule [SpongeBob and Patrick running from the patty]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Sandy?"]
‣ The Adventurers A - Michael Shapiro [Sandy flying a helicopter]
‣ Shark Attack (a) - "Okay, we have a visual."
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["I guess it's just you and me."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs entered Sandy's treedome. The first time was in "Overbooked."
- Mr. Krabs didn't need a helmet, since he is a crab. Crabs can breathe both air and water, but this question is to why in "Overbooked" he wore one.
- In this episode, a cop is seen writing a parking ticket, until the Giant Krabby Patty swallows the car and belches out the motor, which the cop puts the ticket on. A similar joke was used years earlier in "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm".
- There are eleven Krabby Patties on the title card.
- When Mr. Krabs is using a magnet to search for money and attracts the other magnet, the sand only covers the other magnet itself. When the sand washes away, a rope can be seen attached to that magnet.
- In Germany, the episode has two title cards.
- Mr. Krabs magnet was a failed scheme, as money is non-magnetic.
- However, SpongeBob's magnet, swallowed by Gary, attracted coins in "The Cent of Money."
- This marks the second appearance of Sandy's puzzle cube. The first appearance was in "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- This is the third time Sandy's helicopter is seen. The first was in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" when she built it and the second was in "Sweet and Sour Squid."
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs calls his cash register Cashy. The first two episodes were "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" and "Sponge-Cano!"
- This is the second episode where all of the main characters appear. The first is "Band Geeks."
- This episode is a parody of the 1958 movie The Blob and its 1988 remake.
- This episode could also be a parody of the Goosebumps book that is also another parody of The Blob called "The Blob That Ate Everyone," except the plot is a little different.
- The title of this episode is possibly a spoof of the title of an already parody 1999 song called "The Pizza That Ate Chicago" by Tom Paxton.
- In the kitchen, the Krabby Patty eats SpongeBob's left shoe and sock. After SpongeBob runs out of the kitchen, it reappears for no apparent reason and remains like that for the rest of the episode.
- In Sandy's Treedome, bubbles appeared during motion like it was underwater, even though the Treedome is dry. There were two such occasions; one was when Mr. Krabs put the phone down.
- Sandy should've gotten angry at Mr. Krabs for using a whole lot of the serum, which caused the giant patty in the first place.
- When SpongeBob makes Krabby Patties from the giant patty, they do not grow along with the giant Krabby Patty, even though they have growth serum on them.