"The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eight. In this episode, a Krabby Patty grows too large after Mr. Krabs adds Sandy's scientific ingredients to it.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Giant Krabby Patty (debut)
- Frankie Billy
- Ivy (gray)
- Tina Fran
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson
- Monroe Timmy
- Frank (red shirt)
- Martha Smith
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Harold (red fish)
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Miss Rechid
- Lady in teal
- Snookiems (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
While he was looking for spare change as usual in his cheap ways, Mr. Krabs noticed an oversized soy bean near Sandy's treedome. Interested in what could have enlarged the plant, he asked Sandy a tour of her residence. Sandy revealed the growth serum that made the plant enlarged, prompting Mr. Krabs to use it in a Krabby Patty. Using Sandy's phone, he called SpongeBob for a Krabby Patty to test the growth serum though the latter arrives before the call finishes. Sandy agrees to use the serum on the Krabby Patty, but only one drop. The experiment, to Krabs' satisfaction, works. Sandy abruptly farts and excuses herself to the bathroom so she can poop, leaving the serum with Krabs. He promptly pours every drop on the patty, guaranteeing another money-making scheme. However, the patty keeps growing.
Havoc ensues with the customers fleeing the area, Squidward and SpongeBob try to do the same but Mr. Krabs stops them. Still thinking the scheme would make him rich, he tried to keep SpongeBob and Squidward at the Krusty Krab to work until Squidward pointed out the flaw in his plan before Mr. Krabs sees his cash register is getting buried by the patty. A scared Mr. Krabs then runs to save his prized possession but as punishment for causing the disaster in the first place, he is swallowed up as well. SpongeBob and Squidward then run away as the Krabby Patty devours the whole Krusty Krab completely. In the Chum Bucket, Plankton sees it, and thinking that it was the biggest Krabby Patty that he has ever seen, he runs to it. SpongeBob tries to warn him that he has to get away from the patty, but he doesn't listen, he approaches the patty and worships it before he gets swallowed up as well. Now expanding to a colossal scale, it began consuming Bikini Bottom.
SpongeBob runs home, he goes to Gary who didn't heed the warning until SpongeBob gets him out before their house is absorbed. SpongeBob then wakes up Patrick who was dreaming of the event but SpongeBob tells him of the danger and they get away as Patrick's house is destroyed as well. Hoping to find a solution at Sandy's house, they find her treedome destroyed. Sandy calls to him from her helicopter, and she reveals that the only way to reverse the extending process was if SpongeBob got direct contact with the big patty. SpongeBob complied and absorbed the giant mass of meat into his absorbent body.
Everything was back to normal except for SpongeBob in Krabby Patty form and huge. The Krabby Patties which were absorbed were added as Pre-Absorbed Patties in the Krusty Krab. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs selling rare absorbed Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob makes it with his thumb from the Krabby Patty because he was elongated with absorbed meat.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [giant soybean]
‣ An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Good afternoon, Miss Sandy."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [puzzle that solves itself]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Tell me about your giant soybean."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Sandy tells Krabs about her giant soybean.
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Krabs pours all the growth serum on the Krabby Patty]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob brings the giant patty into the kitchen]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Order up, Squidward!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [giant patty swallows the grill]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs stops SpongeBob, Squidward from leaving]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [patty swallows cash register]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Out of the Crypt - Harry Lubin ["It's the largest Krabby Patty the world has ever seen!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's... gorgeous!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [townspeople running from the patty]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [patty crushing buildings]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop writing a ticket]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [patty swallows car]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop walks away]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [patty invades Bikini Bottom]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [exterior of SpongeBob's pineapple]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Gary yawns]
‣ Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter [patty swallows pineapple]
‣ Red Alert [#8] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Wake up, Patrick!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (w) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just had the strangest dream."]
‣ Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter [SpongeBob and Patrick running from the patty]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Sandy?"]
‣ The Adventurers A - Michael Shapiro [Sandy flying a helicopter]
‣ Shark Attack (a) - John Fiddy ["Okay, we have a visual."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["I guess it's just you and me."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 27 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's it! Don't crowd! While supplies last, don't be shy! Come on!"]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- There are 11 Krabby Patties on the title card.
- Mr. Krabs' magnet was a failed scheme, as money is non-magnetic.
- However, SpongeBob's fridge magnet, swallowed by Gary, attracted coins in "The Cent of Money."
- When Mr. Krabs uses a magnet to search for money and attracts the other magnet, the sand only covers the other magnet itself. When the sand washes away, a rope can be seen attached to that magnet.
- Mr. Krabs does not need a water helmet, since he is a crab. Crabs can breathe both air and water, but this questions as to why Mr. Krabs wears a water helmet in "Overbooked" and "Surf N' Turf."
- When Squidward mentioned that SpongeBob comes to work half barefoot, it may be a reference to SpongeBob sleeping barefoot at work in "New Digs."
- Plankton could have easily taken a piece of the giant Krabby Patty and run back to The Chum Bucket without getting caught.
- Especially since everyone was focused on the giant Krabby Patty.
- It's probable that Plankton was to dazed by the scale of the Krabby Patty (considering that is also small) to think of stealing a piece of it.
- Nat appears as a policeman in this episode.
- In this episode, a cop is seen writing a parking ticket, until the Giant Krabby Patty swallows the car and belches out the motor, which the cop puts the ticket on. A similar joke was used in an earlier episode called "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs enters Sandy's treedome. The first is "Overbooked."
- This marks the second appearance of Sandy's puzzle cube. The first is "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs calls his cash register Cashy. The first two times were "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" and "Sponge-Cano!"
- This is the third time Sandy's Helicopter is seen. The first was in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" when she built it, and the second was in "Sweet and Sour Squid."
- Also, this is the only episode where the helicopter is not destroyed.
- This episode premiered five years after "That's No Lady" premiered, five years before "CopyBob DittoPants" would premiere in Poland, and seven years before "Goons on the Moon" will premiere.
- This episode premiered on the same day as "Bubble Troubles," "The Way of the Sponge," and "Bubble Buddy Returns."
- In Germany, this episode has two title cards.
- This episode was paired with "Giant Squidward" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- This is one of the episodes with the longest titles.
- This episode is a parody of the 1958 Steve McQueen movie The Blob and its 1988 remake (without Steve McQueen).
- The title of this episode is possibly a spoof of the title of an already parody 1999 song called "The Pizza That Ate Chicago" by Tom Paxton.
- One of the fishes' lines, "It's a Krabalanche!" is similar to Cyborg's line "It's a stampede!" in The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians episode "The Seeds of Doom."
- In Sandy's treedome, bubbles appeared during motion like it was underwater, even though the Treedome is dry. There were two such occasions: one was when Mr. Krabs put the phone down and the other is when he picked it up.
- When SpongeBob makes Krabby Patties from the giant patty, they do not grow along with the giant Krabby Patty, even though they have growth serum on them.
- In the kitchen, the Krabby Patty eats SpongeBob's left shoe and sock. When SpongeBob and Squidward try to exit the restaurant, they reappear for no apparent reason and remain like that for the rest of the episode.