- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Giant Krabby Patty (single appearance)
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 102
- Friendly Lady Miss McGuffin
- Snookiems (single appearance)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Krusty Krab cash register
While he was looking for spare change as usual in his cheap ways, Mr. Krabs notices an oversized soy bean near Sandy's treedome. Interested in what could have enlarged the plant, he asks Sandy a tour of her residence. Sandy reveals the growth serum that made the plant enlarged, prompting Mr. Krabs to use it in a Krabby Patty. Using Sandy's phone, he calls SpongeBob for a Krabby Patty to test the growth serum, though the latter arrives before the call finishes. Sandy agrees to use the serum on the Krabby Patty, but only one drop. The experiment, to Krabs' satisfaction, works. Sandy abruptly and silently farts and excuses herself to the bathroom so she can poop, leaving the serum with Krabs. He promptly pours every drop on the patty, guaranteeing another money-making scheme. However, the patty keeps growing.
Havoc ensues with the customers fleeing the area. Squidward and SpongeBob try to flee as well, but Mr. Krabs stops them. Still thinking the scheme will make him rich, he tries to keep SpongeBob and Squidward at the Krusty Krab to work until Squidward points out the flaw in his plan before Mr. Krabs sees his cash register is getting buried by the patty. A scared Mr. Krabs then runs to save his prized possession, but as punishment for causing the disaster in the first place, he is swallowed up as well. SpongeBob and Squidward then run away as the Krabby Patty devours the whole Krusty Krab completely. In the Chum Bucket, Plankton sees it and, thinking that it was the biggest Krabby Patty that he has ever seen, he runs to it. SpongeBob tries to warn him that he has to get away from the patty, but he does not listen, as he approaches the patty and worships it before he gets swallowed up as well. Now expanding to a colossal scale, it begins consuming Bikini Bottom.
SpongeBob runs home, and he goes to Gary, who did not heed the warning until SpongeBob gets him out before their house is absorbed. SpongeBob then wakes up Patrick, who was dreaming of the event, but SpongeBob tells him of the danger and they get away as Patrick's house is destroyed as well. Hoping to find a solution at Sandy's house, they find her treedome destroyed. Sandy calls to him from her helicopter, and she reveals that the only way to reverse the extending process is if SpongeBob gets in direct contact with the big patty. SpongeBob complies and absorbs the giant mass of meat into his absorbent body. Everything goes back to normal except for SpongeBob in Krabby Patty form and huge. The Krabby Patties, which were absorbed, are added as Pre-Absorbed Patties in the Krusty Krab. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs selling rare absorbed Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab while SpongeBob makes them with his thumb from the Krabby Patty because he is elongated with absorbed meat.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [title card]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
• ? Vibes - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [giant soybean]
• An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Good afternoon, Miss Sandy."]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr [puzzle that solves itself]
• Light Conversation 1 No Percussion - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Tell me about your giant soybean."]
• A Simple Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Sandy tells Krabs about her giant soybean.]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs gasps]
• Clowning Around - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs pours all the growth serum on the Krabby Patty]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob brings the giant patty into the kitchen]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Order up, Squidward!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [giant patty swallows the grill]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs stops SpongeBob and Squidward from leaving]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [patty swallows cash register]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton spying]
‣ Out of the Crypt [#1] - Harry Lubin ["It's the largest Krabby Patty the world has ever seen!"]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's... gorgeous!"]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor F. Narholz [townspeople running from the patty]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [patty crushing buildings]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop writing a ticket]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [patty swallows car]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop walks away]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [patty invades Bikini Bottom]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill [exterior of SpongeBob's pineapple]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Gary yawns]
• Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter [patty swallows pineapple]
‣ Red Alert [#8] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Wake up, Patrick!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 7A - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just had the strangest dream."]
• Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter [SpongeBob and Patrick running from the patty]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Sandy?"]
‣ The Adventurers a - Michael Shapiro [Sandy flying a helicopter]
‣ Shark Attack A - John Fiddy ["Okay, we have a visual."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["I guess it's just you and me."]
• Showbizzy March - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's it! Don't crowd! While supplies last, don't be shy! Come on!"]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 13, SpongeBob SquarePants Has Hit Rock Bottom, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode premiered as part of the 2011 Super Stuffed Nicksgiving Weekend event.
- There are eleven Krabby Patties on the title card.
- Mr. Krabs' magnet was a failed scheme, as money is non-magnetic.
- However, SpongeBob's fridge magnet, swallowed by Gary, attracted coins in "The Cent of Money."
- When Mr. Krabs uses a magnet to search for money and attracts the other magnet, the sand only covers the other magnet itself. When the sand washes away, a rope can be seen attached to that magnet.
- Mr. Krabs does not need a water helmet to enter Sandy's treedome, since he is a crab. Crabs can breathe both air and water, but Mr. Krabs still inexplicably wears a water helmet in "Overbooked," "Surf N' Turf," and "Hiccup Plague."
- In the Indonesian dub, the scene where SpongeBob brings the growing Krabby Patty to Krusty Krab was skipped due to time constraints.
- After Squidward keeps running away while SpongeBob stops to warn Plankton about the giant Krabby Patty, Squidward disappears for the rest of the episode.
- Incidental 41 appears as a policeman in this episode.
- In this episode, a cop is seen writing a parking ticket, until the giant Krabby Patty swallows the car and belches out the motor, which the cop puts the ticket on. A similar joke was used in an earlier episode, "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs enters Sandy's treedome. The first was "Overbooked."
- This marks the second appearance of Sandy's puzzle cube. The first was "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- The way the four patties fall onto the grill is on tune to the current background music, "Earl's Revenge"
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs calls his cash register Cashy. The first was "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One," and the second was "Sponge-Cano!"
- This is the third time Sandy's helicopter is seen. The first was "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" when she built it, and the second was "Sweet and Sour Squid."
- This is also the only episode where the helicopter is not destroyed.
- The pajamas that Patrick wears in this episode is the same one that Pecos Patrick wore in "Pest of the West."
- This is the first episode to use the track "Straight from Hell" as title card music.
- This is one of the episodes with the longest titles.
- This episode was paired with "Giant Squidward" during the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- During the Craziest Creatures marathon, it was paired up "Whelk Attack."
- In Germany, this episode has two title cards.
- The title of this episode is a spoof of the Dr. West's Medicine Show and Junk Band song "The Eggplant That Ate Chicago."
- This episode is a parody of the 1958 Steve McQueen movie The Blob.
- In Sandy's treedome, bubbles appear during motion like it is underwater, even though the treedome is dry. There are two such occasions: one is when Mr. Krabs put the phone down and the other is when he picks it up.
- When SpongeBob makes Krabby Patties from the giant patty, they do not grow along with the giant Krabby Patty, even though they have growth serum on them.
- In the kitchen, the Krabby Patty eats SpongeBob's left shoe and sock. When SpongeBob and Squidward try to exit the restaurant, they reappear for no apparent reason and remain like that for the rest of the episode.