- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 64
- incidental 119
- Green officer
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 60
- Mrs. Puff
- Pit Crew (debut)
- Tony Fast Sr. (debut)
- Tony Fast Jr. (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Mrs. Fast (mentioned)
- Fish in Pictures
- Francis Baconskin Jr. (mentioned)
- Smitty Tailpipe Rotherma (mentioned)
- Fred (blue)
- Street racers (debut)
- Larry the Lobster
- Radio news anchor (heard only)
The episode begins with SpongeBob thinking everyone is welcoming him to Mrs. Puff's Boating School, but it turns out the son of Tony Fast has enrolled in the school. All of the students were crowding around asking for his autograph. Mrs. Puff tells them that he shall receive no special attention. Right after that, she asked him for his autograph. Tony Fast Jr. is shown to be excellent at driving, which gives Mrs. Puff the idea to have him teach SpongeBob how to drive. During the test, Tony Fast Jr. explains to SpongeBob that he should relax, and this advice allows SpongeBob to drive better. He softens his foot on the gas pedal and goes around a corner. He successfully finishes the course and Mrs. Puff is relieved that she may not have to deal with him for much longer.
Tony Jr. is walking on the boardwalk when SpongeBob comes up to him because he is eager to learn more from him. Tony states that he won't be able to teach him at the Boating School, but invites him to his home so he can learn. SpongeBob is at the gates of the Fast family's house and presses the button on the speaker. He is let in and Tony is on a unicycle. Both of his parents aren't home so Tony offers to show him his father's vintage speedboat collection. SpongeBob is amazed by all of the shiny speedboats and Tony asks him to pick his favorite. He chooses a flaming red speedboat and Tony asks if he wants to go for a ride in it.
SpongeBob is driving the boat as Tony is on a hang glider that is attached to the boat. SpongeBob is nervous about driving and Tony tries to keep him calm so he doesn't crash again. He almost runs over a fish as his nerves start kicking in. He lets go of the steering wheel as Tony tells him to go faster. He lets go of the brakes and they go even faster. SpongeBob spots a red light and immediately stops the boat. Three fish are in a speedboat right next to them as they challenge them to a race. SpongeBob checks his schedule for any conflicts, and then accepts the challenge. However, after considering safety concerns he decides to decline the challenge. Tony Jr. is frustrated and calls it an embarrassment if they don't accept the challenge. Both race teams get ready as the traffic light changes to green. They take off throughout the town and SpongeBob starts gaining the lead. He presses harder on the gas pedal to get past his opponent again and the boat catches in flames as they pass Larry the Lobster. Larry catches the flames and gets an instant tan. Their opponents quickly slow down when they notice police nearby. SpongeBob is still going fast as they pass the police and they start after them.
SpongeBob is freaking out and is unsure what to do as the sirens make it so Tony Jr. can't hear him. A police helicopter starts following them as well. Tony Fast Sr. is in his speedboat listening to the radio as a news story about the car chase comes on. The chase goes right by him and he starts chasing after SpongeBob and Tony Jr. He is angry as SpongeBob and Tony Jr. are clueless as to what they should do. Tony Jr. tries to calm SpongeBob once again and he declines his advice this time due to where it has gotten them. He drives through the sign of the Boating school and runs into Mrs. Puff as she inflates. Back in the classroom, Mrs. Puff is in a wheelchair and informs the class that Tony Jr. will no longer be with them and that SpongeBob should never be let to drive, as the episode ends.
- The female racer constantly saying "What he said!"
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Title card]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [people cheering]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob thanking people]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It wasn't?"]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Tony Fast and Tony Jr. introduced]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap ["While Tony Jr. is a student here, he will receive no special attention. He will be treated just like the rest of us. No exceptions."]
• ? - Tony Jr. driving
• Sneaky Buns - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff thinking]
• Sponge Surf No Guit Me - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [SpongeBob behind the wheel]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer ["Okay, uh, roll? Roll!? Roll!? Is there a button for that?"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts driving]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln ["Be cool..."]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's a miracle!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["That went better than I expected."]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Mrs. Puff kisses Tony Jr.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Eager?"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob visits Tony Jr.]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob driving]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["My nerves!"]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone ["Just let go."]
• Bad to the Spongebone - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Roberto Vergara [another speedboat pulls up]
• Monster Wave Full Mix - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Boat race]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News on radio]
• Monster Wave Full Mix - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King ["What the?"]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 12, Kids Double Pack: Volume 2, Home Sweet Rubble, Driving Bikini Bottom Crazy!, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Deep-Sea Games, Next 100 Episodes, and The Seventh & Eighth Seasons DVDs.
- In this episode, it appears that SpongeBob can read Mrs. Puff's mind, as she says the word "incorrigible" in her head and SpongeBob wants to know what it means.
- The male racer is not finished with his sentence when he says "Right here, right now," as he looks surprised when the female racer says "Yeah, what he said!"
- During SpongeBob's race, there is a sign that reads "Click It Or Ticket."
- As seen in episodes such as "Hall Monitor" and "Doing Time," Mrs. Puff is arrested when SpongeBob gets in trouble with the law, but in this episode, she goes scot-free.
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob learns from a different person about driving rather than Mrs. Puff. The first was "Boating School," in which Patrick gives him answers from a walkie-talkie. The second was "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," with Sergeant Roderick teaching SpongeBob after Mrs. Puff gets fired.
- Tony Fast's name is likely a reference to NASCAR driver Tony Stewart.
- When Sandals says, "What'd I do?," his left pupil turns red as the camera pans over to Mrs. Puff.
- Also, in the Albanian version, the line "What'd I do?" is not dubbed.
- When Tony Fast shows up at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, there is a man who catches a fainting lady, but in the next scene, the man is not holding anybody and the girl is awake.
- When SpongeBob says, "W-w-w-what do these dotted lines mean?," his eyelashes are transparent instead of black for a few frames.
- When SpongeBob in the speedboat up on Mrs. Puff as she inflates, his eyelashes go missing.
- On the June 2, 2018 airing of this episode after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, there was no Nickelodeon onscreen bug throughout the whole episode. Also, the 2009-2012 Nick split-screen credits played mistakenly after the episode and the Nick onscreen bug suddenly appeared during the split-screen credits. Also, the post-2012 credits played at the same time and the on-screen bug went away after the 2009-2017 Nickelodeon logo.
- SpongeBob is seen injured and in a hospital bed, yet moments ago after crashing into the school with the Baytona Classic, he is seen without injuries. Plus, he is a sea sponge and immune to injuries.