- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 73
- Mrs. Puff
- Pit Crew (debut)
- Tony Fast Sr. (debut)
- Tony Fast Jr. (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Mrs. Fast (mentioned)
- Fish in Pictures
- Francis Baconskin Jr. (mentioned)
- Smitty Tailpipe Rotherma (mentioned)
- Fred (blue)
- Street racers (debut)
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 64
- Larry the Lobster
- Green officer
- Incidental 118
- Radio news anchor (heard only)
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 106
- Dennis (citizen)
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 60
The episode begins with SpongeBob thinking everyone is welcoming him to Mrs. Puff's Boating School, but it turns out the son of Tony Fast has enrolled to the school. All of the students were crowding around asking for his autograph. Mrs. Puff tells them that he shall receive no special attention. Right after that, she asked him for his autograph. Tony Fast Jr. is shown to be excellent at driving, which gives Mrs. Puff the idea to have him teach SpongeBob how to drive. During the test, Tony Fast Jr. explains to SpongeBob that he should relax, and this advice allows SpongeBob to drive better.
Afterwards, SpongeBob wants to learn more from him, but he says he cannot at the moment, but he could come to his house if he wanted. Later, he goes to his house and checks out his father's vintage speedboat collection. After he picks his favorite, he starts driving the raceboat around town.
Eventually, they meet up with a fast driver and his gang. The gang wants to race SpongeBob and Tony Fast Jr. He takes awhile, but SpongeBob eventually says yes to the competition. They race until the gang SpongeBob's racing with sees that the police are there, and they slow down.
This allows SpongeBob's raceboat to start winning, but unfortunately, the police and Tony Fast Jr.'s dad start chasing them until the raceboat crashes into Mrs. Puff's boating school. The episode ends with Tony Fast Jr. moving to another school, while Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob are extremely injured and in body casts.
- The female racer constantly saying "What he said!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Title card]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [people cheering]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob thanking people]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["It wasn't?"]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Tony Fast and Tony Jr. introduced]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap ["While Tony Jr. is a student here, he will receive no special attention. He will be treated just like the rest of us. No exceptions."]
• Surf'n Groove - Pat Irwin [Tony Jr. driving]
• Sneaky Buns - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff thinking]
• Sponge Surf No Guit Me - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [SpongeBob behind the wheel]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Okay, uh, roll? Roll!? Roll!? Is there a button for that?"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts driving]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln ["Be cool..."]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["It's a miracle!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["That went better than I expected."]
• Sponge Surf - Michael Gurley, Billy Lincoln [Mrs. Puff kisses Tony Jr.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Eager?"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob visits Tony Jr.]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob driving]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["My nerves!"]
‣ Saxaboogie - Harry Bluestone ["Just let go."]
• Bad to the Spongebone - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Roberto Vergara [another speedboat pulls up]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Boat race]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News on radio]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King ["What the?"]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 12, Kids Double Pack: Volume 2, Home Sweet Rubble, Driving Bikini Bottom Crazy!, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Deep-Sea Games, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- In this episode, it appears that SpongeBob can read Mrs. Puff's mind, as she says the word "incorrigible" in her head and SpongeBob wants to know what it means.
- The male racer is not finished with his sentence when he says "Right here, right now," as he looks surprised when the female racer says "Yeah, what he said!"
- During SpongeBob's race, there is a sign that reads "Click It Or Ticket."
- As seen in episodes such as "Hall Monitor" and "Doing Time," Mrs. Puff is arrested when SpongeBob gets in trouble with the law, but in this episode, she goes scot-free.
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob learns from a different person about driving rather than Mrs. Puff. The first was "Boating School," in which Patrick gives him answers from a walkie-talkie. The second was "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," with Sergeant Sam Roderick teaching SpongeBob after Mrs. Puff gets fired.
- Tony Fast's name is likely a reference to NASCAR driver Tony Stewart.
- When Sandals says, "What'd I do?," his left pupil turns red as the camera pans over to Mrs. Puff.
- Also, in the Albanian version, the line "What'd I do?" is not dubbed.
- When Tony Fast shows up at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, there is a man who catches a fainting lady, but in the next scene, the man is not holding anybody and the girl is awake.
- When SpongeBob says, "W-w-w-what do these dotted lines mean?," his eyelashes are transparent instead of black for a few frames.
- When SpongeBob in the speedboat up on Mrs. Puff as she inflates, his eyelashes go missing.
- On the June 2, 2018 airing of this episode after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, there was no Nickelodeon onscreen bug throughout the whole episode. Also, the 2009-2012 Nick split-screen credits played mistakenly after the episode and the Nick onscreen bug suddenly appeared during the split-screen credits. Also, the post-2012 credits played at the same time and the on-screen bug went away after the 2009-2017 Nickelodeon logo.
- SpongeBob is seen injured and in a hospital bed, yet moments ago after crashing into the school with the Baytona Classic, he is seen without injuries. Plus, he is a sea sponge and immune to injuries.