"The Grill is Gone" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 11. In this episode, when a gang of kids steal the Krusty Krab's grill, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs go to extreme lengths to win it back.
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 158
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- SpongeBob's heart (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 164 (debut)
- Incidental 171 (debut)
- Incidental 183 (debut)
- Incidental 184 (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Unnamed purple worm (debut)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- French narrator
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 41 (cameo)
- Incidental 181 (debut)
- Incidental 182 (debut)
- Incidental 93
The episode begins with Mr. Krabs tasking SpongeBob to clean the Krusty Krab. After that, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to go back to cooking patties, but the grill is missing. When SpongeBob sees that the grill wasn't outside where he put it, he panics, but notices there's a trail leading to an abandoned race boat garage.
Inside it, a couple of kids are decorating the grill and turning it into a race cart. Mr. Krabs tells them that he owns the grill, but they aren't willing to give it back. After Mr. Krabs gets hurt by one of their contraptions, SpongeBob tries to talk to them as he has the heart of a child. He tells the kids that his cart is better than the grill, making them angry and want to race against SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to see who truly has the fastest cart.
On Murder Hill, the kids as well as Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob bring their carts so they can race down the hill. Plankton also joins the race in an attempt to obtain the formula, but his cart gets destroyed by Mr. Krabs easily. The remaining two carts go down the hill, with the kids seeming like they're going to win. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs he needs to have the mindset of a child, so he uses his imagination by taking some plugs from a plug factory to win.
After SpongeBob plugs a wire onto the grill, the top becomes hot and causes the kids to get burnt and fall off the grill, allowing SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to win the race and keep the grill. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs telling the story of how he won the race to some other older citizens, while the kids turn the Krusty Krab into a cart and ride it into the distance, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Sea Shanty in A Minor Key - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Title card]
• Another Krusty Krab Day 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs groans in disgust]
‣ A Pirate's Life For Me (A) - Ron Goodwin ["So I'm gonna need you to clean until this whole place sparkles!"]
• 12th Street Rag with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob vacuuming the Krusty Krab]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey [SpongeBob cleaning the outside of the Krusty Krab as a sprinkler]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs takes the hose out of SpongeBob's head]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees the kitchen clean]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Where's the grill?"]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I took it outside to air and dry."]
• Flextone Sting - Nicolas Carr [The grill is gone]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs doesn't see the grill outside]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees the grill is gone]
‣ Dramatic Cue (G) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob panicking]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob sees the grill's trail]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs follows SpongeBob]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Race boat garage sign]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Krabs and SpongeBob see the grill surrounded by kids inside the garage]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids turning the grill into a racing cart]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #5 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [Krabs enter the garage]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #2 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann ["This here is my grill, so I'll just be taken it back now."]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids don't let Krabs take the grill back]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #2 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [Kids hurt Mr. Krabs]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs is flattened]
‣ My Sweet Baby [#34] - Karin Nobbs [SpongeBob's heart is shown]
‣ A Stranger in Town - Jean-Sebastien Nouveau, Martin Duru [SpongeBob challenges kids to a boat race]
• Surf Guitar Licks - Nicolas Carr ["...at the top of Murder Hill."]
• Tip Toe Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What do you think you are doing, boy-o? We don't have a racing cart."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Zee next morning...]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #9 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [SpongeBob and Krabs at top of Murder Hill]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Race path is shown]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids appear at top of Murder Hill]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Plankton?"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton explains Krabs why he's in the race]
• Hot Rod Surf Punks - Nicolas Carr [During the race]
• Toy Piano 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You have to think young!"]
• Hot Rod Surf Punks - Nicolas Carr [Krabs takes control of the racing cart]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Grill heats up and Krabs and SpongeBob win the race]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The grill is back at the Krusty Krab]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- The title of this episode is mentioned eight times.
- Irony: Mr. Krabs should have called the police to report the grill stolen.
- This is the first usage of the track "Sea Shanty in A Minor Key" since "The Other Patty".
- This is the third episode in which the grill in the Krusty Krab kitchen is removed. The first is in "Bossy Boots" and the second is in "Krusty Dogs."
- This is the fourth episode whose title contains all of the word(s) of another episode; it contains the word "Gone," which contain all the letters of another episode named "Gone." The first instance is in "The Play's the Thing," which contain all the words of another episode named "The Thing;" the second instance is in "The Great Patty Caper," which contain all the words of another episode named "Patty Caper;" and the third instance is in "Bubble Buddy Returns," which contain all the words of another episode named "Bubble Buddy."
- This episode, alongside a couple of episodes, was leaked in Turkey before its Turkish premiere in a Turkish satellite television provider's (Digiturk) streaming service called beIN CONNECT in January 2019.
- This episode has scenes that are storyboarded by internet animator "psychicpebbles" (Zach Hadel).
- Someone mentioning that the grill is gone.
- When SpongeBob helps Mr. Krabs get rid of the trap and they start talking, one can see that SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are standing in the same place where the children and the grill were, but in the next frame, everything returns to its place.
- When the girl and boy twin were sliding down with the Krusty Krab, they switched places.