"The Grill is Gone" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, when a gang of kids steal the Krusty Krab's grill, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs go to extreme lengths to win it back.
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- SpongeBob's heart (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Hat kid (debut)
- Beanie kid (debut)
- Boy twin (debut)
- Girl twin (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Unnamed purple worm (debut)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab, which needs to be cleaned, as the customers had made such a mess during the sale Mr. Krabs held, so SpongeBob takes immediate action. He uses water to clean the outside of the Krusty Krab, and cleans it quickly. Mr. Krabs compliments SpongeBob's work and makes him go back to work. But when he doesn't see the grill, he asks SpongeBob where the grill is. SpongeBob says that he put it outside for it to dry off. Mr. Krabs goes outside, but the grill is not there. SpongeBob doesn't realize this at first, but when he does, he freaks out. SpongeBob sees the trail of the grill though, so he and Mr. Krabs start to follow it.
They then trace the grill to a club, in which they find four kids, who have the grill and have made it into a raceboat. Mr. Krabs proceeds to talk to them about giving the grill back, but the kids say that it's their cart. They then use traps to beat Mr. Krabs up. SpongeBob comes in and tells Mr. Krabs that he will deal with them since he has the heart of a child. SpongeBob comes up to the kids and tells them their own racing cart is better than the kids' racing cart. The kids however deny this, and tell SpongeBob that they shall meet him and Mr. Krabs at Murder Hill and have a race, and that whoever loses shall get the loser's racing cart.
At Murder Hill, SpongeBob brings up his cart. Mr. Krabs questions if they built it right, but SpongeBob says they did. The kids arrive and laugh at SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs' boat. Plankton also comes, mainly since he thinks that if he wins, he'll get the grill and be able to find patty meat on it. A worm comes and starts the race for the three competitors.
Mr. Krabs immediately flings Plankton onto a rock, destroying his racing cart. The kids on the grill and SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs on their racing cart go down Murder Hill onto the driveway in the city. The kids throw marbles at Mrs. Krabs and SpongeBob, which makes Mr. Krabs try to smash them, but it just lets the kids get his eyestalks. They then run into an intersection where they crash a ton of cars. The little kid comes out of the inside of the grill and tears off one of the wheels of SpongeBob's cart.
SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that the steering is out and the kids cut their brakes. Mr. Krabs suggests they call their parents, but SpongeBob says you can't win a kids game as an adult and that you have to think young. Mr. Krabs sees this and acts like a baby, although SpongeBob tells him he went too far. Mr. Krabs gets back to normal and gets the idea to skate the car to make it go. Mr. Krabs sees a factory called Plugs & Such and gets a plug from there to plug into the kids' cart to heat it.
Mr. Krabs tasks SpongeBob to put on the plug to heat the grill. SpongeBob doesn't do it right away, but eventually he does. When the grill heats, the kids who were on top of the grill start to feel the grill burn. When the grill stops, it sends the kids flying down into the ground. Plankton is seen at the finish line, almost about to get to the end, but Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob get there before him, although right afterwards they hit a post and destroy their entire cart. Back at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is with some adults, talking about his story with the kids, and how adults rule. However, the kids' were able to make the Krusty Krab become a racing cart, and ride it over a hill.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs groans in disgust]
‣ A Pirate's Life for Me (a) - Ron Goodwin ["So I'm gonna need you to clean until this whole place sparkles!"]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob vacuuming the Krusty Krab]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey [SpongeBob cleaning the outside of the Krusty Krab as a sprinkler]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs takes the hose out of SpongeBob's head]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees the kitchen clean]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where's the grill?"]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I took it outside to air and dry."/Krabs doesn't see the grill outside]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees the grill is gone]
‣ Dramatic Cue (g) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob panicking]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob sees the grill's trail]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs follows SpongeBob]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [Race boat garage sign]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Krabs and SpongeBob see the grill surrounded by kids inside the garage]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids turning the grill into a racing cart]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #5 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [Krabs enter the garage]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #2 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann ["This here is my grill, so I'll just be taken it back now."]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids don't let Krabs take the grill back]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #2 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [Kids hurt Mr. Krabs]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs is flattened]
‣ My Sweet Baby [#34] - Karin Nobbs [SpongeBob's heart is shown]
‣ A Stranger in Town - Jean-Sebastien Nouveau, Martin Duru [SpongeBob challenges kids to a boat race]
‣ ? ["...at the top of Murder Hill."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What do you think you are doing, boy-o? We don't have a racing cart."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Zee next morning...]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #9 - Delle Haensch, Hans Conzelmann [SpongeBob and Krabs at top of Murder Hill]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [Race path is shown]
‣ Laid Out in the Sand - David Vanacore, Dylan Heming, Matt Koskenmaki, Sean Baillie [Kids appear at top of Murder Hill]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Plankton?"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton explains Krabs why he's in the race]
‣ Surf 01 155 Am - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [During the race]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You have to think young!"]
‣ Surf 01 155 Am - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [Krabs takes control of the racing cart]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Grill heats up and Krabs and SpongeBob wins the race]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The grill is back at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Slipping and Sliding Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- The title of this episode is mentioned eight times.
- This is the first usage of the APM track "Sea Shanty in Minor Key" since "The Other Patty" and the first time it played in high pitch since "The Great Patty Caper."
- This is the third episode in which the grill in the Krusty Krab kitchen is removed. The first is in "Bossy Boots" and the second is in "Krusty Dogs."
- This episode, alongside a couple of episodes, were leaked in Turkey before its Turkish premiere in a Turkish satellite television provider's (Digiturk) streaming service called beIN CONNECT in January 2019.
- This episode premiered 15 years after Battle for Bikini Bottom was released, 14 years after Nicktoons Movin' was released, 13 years after "Patrick SmartPants" premiered, 10 years after "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" and "Squirrel Jokes" premiered in Poland, seven years after "Ghoul Fools" premiered, six years after "Move It or Lose It" and "Chum Fricassee" premiered, and one year after "Krabby Patty Creature Feature" and "Teacher's Pests" premiered.
- This episode premiered in South Korea fourteen years after Gone Jellyfishin' and Good Enough to Eat! were released, seven years after SpongeBob Comics No. 7 was released, three years after Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted was released in the UK, and two years after SpongeBob Comics No. 65 was released.
- This is the second episode to include another episode's name in the title ("Gone"), after "The Play's the Thing" ("The Thing").
- Someone mentioning that the grill is gone.