- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Edible Ed (debut)
- Goofy Goober
- Reginald Goober (debut)
- Goofy Manager (debut)
- Training announcer (debut)
- Frightened customer (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode opens with Patrick at Goofy Goobers, sampling ice cream. The cashier gets annoyed and calls security to kick him out. Outside, he sees two of the workers at Goofy Goobers receiving ice cream on their break, prompting Patrick to apply for the job.
The manager of the place shows Patrick the history of Goofy Goobers, as well as what he needs to do to be a good employee. He first tasks Patrick to clean the dishes. After they are all cleaned, the manager asks him how he cleaned them. He says he cleaned them using his saliva, disgusting the manager.
He gives him his next job, which is to unload ice cream boxes from a truck into the freezer. Patrick attempts to do this, but since he feels cold in there, he turns the heat on, which causes a flood and annoys the manager.
Afterwards, he tasks Patrick to go into the Goofy Goober mascot costume to entertain the kids. While inside it, he sees that there is unattended ice cream, and decides to suck it all into his costume. The manager finds out about this and tells him if he fails at the job the next day, he will fire him. He comes back home and tells SpongeBob, who was sitting on his house, about his day. He tells him he will help him out at work so he does not get fired.
He hides inside of Patrick's uniform and starts working at the place efficiently. The manager is impressed with him and finally gives him a break, allowing him to get the free ice cream he wanted. As he is eating, he realizes his break is almost over, so he tries to eat all the ice cream he can. However, he eats so much ice cream that he gets a brain freeze, causing the Earth to freeze for five billion years. When it becomes unfrozen, the manager fires Patrick. Since he was lactose intolerant anyways, the episode ends with him walking out the restaurant into a UFO happily.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? [Title card]
‣ Dixieland Dance Hall - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick sampling ice cream at Goofy Goober's]
• Not So Secret Service - Nicolas Carr [Squidina calls security and Patrick gets kicked out]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2D - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets sad]
• The Donut Dilema (With Triangle) - Nicolas Carr [Goofy Goober's employees eating ice cream on their break]
• Breathing Underwater - Nicolas Carr ["Ice cream all day... all day... all day..."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Goofy Goober's employees run away]
‣ In the Wings - Albert Marlowe [Sound Ideas] [Goofy Goober's and You]
‣ ? [Goofy Goober's training video]
‣ ? [Goofy Manager orders Patrick to wash the dishes]
‣ ? [A few minutes later...]
‣ ? [All the dishes are cleaned]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Goofy Manager's eyes are bloodshot]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6D - Jeremy Wakefield ["Never tell anyone you did that."]
‣ ? [Goofy Manager orders Patrick to put boxes of ice cream in the freezer]
‣ ? [One hour later...]
‣ ? [Goofy Manager burns his hand when opening the freezer door]
‣ Honky Tonk - Tolchard Evans [Goofy Goober's flooded with melted ice cream]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick fishing in the melted ice cream]
• Unknown Hawaiian Sting - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ ? [Patrick dressed as Goofy Goober]
‣ Increase B - Dick De Benedictis [Little girl hugs Patrick]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Little girl hugs Patrick]
‣ Where's the Fire? - John Fiddy, Otto Sieben [Kids latch onto Patrick and he tries to eat all the ice cream]
‣ ? [Goofy Manager tells Patrick he'll have his last chance tomorrow]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Aloha Lui Lui - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tells Patrick he'll help him tomorrow at Goofy Goober's]
• A Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob gets inside Patrick's apron]
‣ Happy Stompers - Tony Tape, Barry Ryder, Kenny Ball [SpongeBob makes ice cream sandwiches at Goofy Goober's]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 25B - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I think you're ready for the big time!"]
‣ ? [SpongeBob making all the ice creams for the customers]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now you can take your first break."]
‣ ? ["All you can handle."]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick races the ice cream car outside]
• Thanks Buddy Strut - Nicolas Carr [Patrick eats the ice cream car]
‣ Where's the Fire? - John Fiddy, Otto Sieben [Patrick eats all the ice cream]
‣ House Of Horror [#10.3] - William Merrick Farran [Patrick's brain freeze freezes the Earth]
‣ ? [Five billion years later]
‣ ? [Patrick gets fired from Goofy Goober's]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Squid's on a Bus" during the original American airing, but since then it has been paired with "Boss for a Day" in reruns.
- Ironically, both episodes revolve around a character getting a new job.
- Additionally, both episodes were written by Kaz.
- This episode was advertised as "Goofy Scooper."
- Squidina kicking Patrick Star out of Goofy Goobers is similar to what Lou did in "Patrick's Coupon."
- In "Hocus Pocus," SpongeBob mistakenly thinks that pistachio ice cream is Squidward. However, in this episode, Squidward actually appears in ice cream form.
- Squidina from "Goons on the Moon" reappears in this episode, revealing she is a waiter at Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat.
- The metaphorical "Five Billion Years Later" time card contains the second longest amount of time, losing only to "One Eternity Later" from "Squid on Strike."
- If 5 billion years really did pass, then Bikini Bottom should be a burning wasteland the moment it thaws as the sun would be in its Red Giant phase by this point where the sun exhausts all of its hydrogen and begins to swell, destroying Mercury, Venus, and potentially Earth in the process.
- SpongeBob is seen whistling with his nose in this episode, a reference to the show's theme song.
- The time cards in this episode are different than the usual ones, instead being depicted on vintage film screens.
- This is the second appearance in the series of Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat in the actual series, the first being "Patnocchio."
- When this episode premiered in South Korea, it was paired with "Lighthouse Louie."
- It is revealed that Pearl's ex-boyfriend, Octavius Rex, works at Goofy Goober's.
- It is revealed that the Goofy Goober is really a buff security guard in disguise.
- Helen the Felon is seen as a customer.
- This is the first episode in the show where Goofy Goober material is involved in the main plot.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342283011108110337/729617230475690144/image0-7.png
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/669080522454073355/710183059701628968/unknown.png
- ^ https://tv24.se/kanal/paramount-network/2020-09-20
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20210203221856/https://www.telsu.fi/paavo-pesusieni/3
- ^ https://twitter.com/kazunderworld/status/1140723571112566784
- ^ File:SpongeBob SquarePants 'The Goofy Newbie' Promo 1
- ^ File:SpongeBob SquarePants 'The Goofy Newbie' Promo 2 ( Lego Jurassic World)