- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 41
- Sheldon J. Plankton (cameo)
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 106
- Officer Slugfish (cameo)
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 49
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 11
- Mailfish (debut)
- Incidental 28 (in a picture)
- Old Man Jenkins (blue, fat)
- Incidental 18 (in a picture)
- Incidental 15 (in a picture)
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 80
- Incidental 158
- Incidental 17
One day, Mr. Krabs is shown looking through a telescope on the top of the Krusty Krab, spying on customers and taking pictures of any Bikini Bottom residents. He then enters the restaurant and calls SpongeBob and Squidward into his office. He shows them the pictures of the customers and asks SpongeBob if he has seen any of them inside the Krusty Krab. They both answer in the negative and Mr. Krabs then tells SpongeBob and Squidward that two percent of the residents of Bikini Bottom have not set foot in the Krusty Krab, which means that two percent of money is not being earned. He tells them that he wants them to go out and promote the restaurant, but only SpongeBob is willing while Squidward stays at the Krusty Krab.
The next scene, SpongeBob is shown coming out of a giant hole at the top of the Krusty Krab wearing a Krabby Patty costume and jumping off of a giant spatula. He asks a random fish if he has heard of the Krusty Krab, and he tells SpongeBob that he is just about to enter the restaurant. The man takes flyers that SpongeBob is offering about the Krusty Krab and leaves. Patrick is then shown watching SpongeBob, whom he believes to be evidence of the "invasion of the giant patties" from behind a giant rock. He then lunges out at his friend and tries to eat him. After realizing it is just him, Patrick makes sure that SpongeBob is okay, and SpongeBob tells him of his job to promote the Krusty Krab. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he needs an even bigger advertisement blitz.
Patrick is then shown shaving the message "Eat at the Krusty Krab" on SpongeBob's back, and painting the message on the walls with black paint. SpongeBob is then used to stamp the message all over downtown. Patrick tells SpongeBob that he had hired a skywriter, but the skywriter falls out of the plane, holding a clipboard that says "Help me," and crashes onto the edge of a cliff. A scout leader and three campers are then shown, on a tour of the oldest tree in Bikini Bottom. However, the tree falls over when Patrick creates the advertisement out of its leaves.
SpongeBob is then shown exiting a bathroom stall and telling a man that they had left a present for him. The man walks into the stall and sees that "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is written on every sheet of toilet paper. Patrick is then shown flying a plane with a banner advertisement in back, and SpongeBob is shown flying a blimp. Patrick almost crashes into SpongeBob, but somehow the blimp avoids the plane. They soon collide, however, and both fall to the ground, screaming.
Suddenly, a cellphone is heard ringing inside of Patrick's pocket, and it turns out to be Mr. Krabs, calling them and telling them that their advertisement campaign is working well, and that the Krusty Krab is packed, as well as that some of the customers who had never previously entered the restaurant are now there. Squidward is shown cooking the patties as well as taking many orders. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Patrick to continue doing what they have been doing and to try to find the last one percent, which they are unsure of how to find. They realize that they did not advertise over a highway of boats, so they go there. Patrick turns into a traffic cone and makes a truck stop, and "Eat at the Krusty Krab" is then painted on the truck's side by SpongeBob.
After causing a massive crash, the two then go back to the Krusty Krab to tell to Mr. Krabs they made it, and the crashed cars' drivers are seen charging into the Krusty Krab. He and Patrick tried their best to hold the door, but Mr. Krabs welcomes them in.
As the customers were breaking the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs grabs one of the last customers and brings him to the top of Krusty Krab to give him a Krabby Patty. He voices his approval of the campaign and the Krusty Krab completely collapses right after.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Fooling Around 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [opening]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob and Squidward to promote the Krusty Krab.]
• 12th Street Rag 3 with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob in a Krabby Patty suit]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I knew this day would come!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Patrick attacks SpongeBob.]
• Fooling Around 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [patty suit lands on Plankton]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples ["Everyone should know the name of the, um... Krusty Krab!"]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick shaving SpongeBob's back]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [fish falls from the sky]
• Proud to be a Hillbilly - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, campers."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab ad in a tree]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bathroom]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick flying a plane]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion - Nicolas Carr [blimp crashes]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [after fish screams]
‣ Peg Leg Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Squidward cooking patties]
‣ City Dash - Harry Lubin [freeway]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [truck approaching]
‣ Hillbilly Hoot - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [hillbilly truck drivers]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Hit the brakes, Beuford!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob paints on the side of the truck]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [several cars veer off the road]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["We did it, Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Tear it down! Tear it down!..."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["That's him!"]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling ["Let's savor the moment."]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Eighth Season, Bikini Bottom Buddies, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Squid Baby" during the original airing, but has since been re-airing with "Move It or Lose It."
- This episode and "Squid Baby" premiered right before a commercial-free airing of the original version of the 1982 Universal Pictures movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, in celebration of the film's 30th anniversary at the time.
- When Mr. Krabs shows the pictures of the people, some of them have actually been seen eating at the Krusty Krab before.
- Patrick refers to a previous episode, "To Save a Squirrel," when he says, "I know what to do; it's eat or be eaten."
- Some of the trenchbillies from "Trenchbillies" can be seen in the truck.
- However, unlike the ones from the episode "Trenchbillies," these ones have pupils.
- This episode marks the second time Patrick shaves SpongeBob. The first is in "Scaredy Pants."
- This episode marks the second time that SpongeBob and Patrick have their bodies swapped. The first time this happened was in "Roller Cowards."
- This episode marks the third time Patrick helps advertise for the Krusty Krab. The first is "No Hat for Pat" and the second is "Chum Bucket Supreme."
- This is the last usage for "Big Show Theme," until "Squid Plus One."
- When Spongebob says, "When I see that 2%, I think of pie!" he is referring to the Pie chart.
- When Patrick throws the Krabby Patty costume, the flyers that were on the ground have disappeared.
- The fish who says, "If I see the words 'Krusty Krab' again, I'm going to scream" is black, but changes to blue when he sees the blimp.
- His eye orientation changes as well.
- When Squidward leaves the Krusty Krab, he throws his Krusty Krab employee hat on the ground near SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs. In the next shot, his hat is not there.
- When Patrick says he can see his house, SpongeBob's house walkway is solid black.
- Mr. Krabs takes a picture of an old lady without glasses, but when he shows the picture to SpongeBob, the old lady has glasses on.
- When the boats fall off the highway across from the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket is missing.
- The "big pile of roads" has multiple roads when the camera first pans to it. In the next shot, there is only one road.
- When SpongeBob exits the stall, his freckles are missing for a frame.
- The roads are missing after the cars crash to the ground.
- Norton, the orange mailfish, climbs out of the car pile, but the green mail fish is the one at the door.