- Smitty Werben Man Jensen (name on gravestone)
- Mrs. Puff
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Construction worker (green)
- Stickyfins Whiting (debut)
- Radio News Anchor (heard only)
- Dorsal Dan (debut)
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Debbie Rechid
- Baby Billy
- Fancy dandy fish
- Gus' date
- Incidental 60
- Nathiel's date (debut)
- Incidental 2
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 12 (purple fin)
- Incidental 65
- Orange lady
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 49
- Tina's Date (debut)
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 93
- Administrator Flotsam
- Other fancy restaurant customers
- Con Man
- Squidward Tentacles (likeness only)
- Jimmy Gus
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottom prison guard
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder
- Yellow guard (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
SpongeBob is having a boating lesson with Mrs. Puff, and while he is driving, he arrives at the cemetery. He accidentally crashes into a recently dug grave, and then Mrs. Puff wishes she didn't have to teach him. SpongeBob then reverses his way towards the Bikini Bottom Jail. Mrs. Puff quickly gets off the boat and says that she doesn't care who teaches him as long as she doesn't have to teach him. Mrs. Puff then goes to the phone box to phone another driving instructor.
Soon, an escaped convict, Stickyfins Whiting, arrives and immediately sits in the boat. Stickyfins then tells SpongeBob to drive as fast as he can. Mrs. Puff quickly shouts at SpongeBob to come back, but then she realizes that she said she wanted SpongeBob back even though she sincerely doesn't. Later, another escaped convict, Dorsal Dan, arrives to pick up Stickyfins.
Back at Mrs. Puff's boat, Stickyfins notices the police are chasing them, then tells SpongeBob to drive crazily. SpongeBob does this, smashing into building by building. SpongeBob then smashes into the balcony of a fancy restaurant. Taking advantage of the fancy restaurant, Stickyfins steals all of the expensive belongings of other people, and then soon escapes to the streets. Stinkyfins immediately tells SpongeBob to turn around and drive on the correct direction to avoid being noticed in the large crowd of drivers.
Later, Dorsal Dan noticed the mess, and tells Mrs. Puff that SpongeBob and Stickyfins escaped. He then introduces himself to Mrs. Puff. Then Mrs. Puff starts to like how he talks and behaves, feeling romance.
Stickyfins then arrives at a jewelry store, then tells SpongeBob that distracted drivers are dangerous, and that distracting the salesman in the jewelry store can help with "abstract thinking." SpongeBob then distracts the salesman with various mimicking of abstract thoughts. Soon, Stickyfins steals all of the jewelry in the store, then gets away along with SpongeBob. They then go to the electronics store to steal more stuff. Later on, Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan notice the jewelry store has been robbed.
SpongeBob then drives to the boat wash to wash the boat. Stickyfins is angry with what SpongeBob is doing with the boat. Later, Mrs. Puff feels more romance towards Dorsal Dan. Soon, a passing truck blows away the bubbles and reveals that SpongeBob is driving with an escaped convict. SpongeBob drives faster and then crashes into a golf course called "Driving Range." Soon, everyone is golfing golf balls onto Stickyfins. They then quickly drive away. Stickyfins then cries about what has happened.
Soon, the police are chasing Stickyfins again. Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan notice Stickyfins and SpongeBob. Stickyfins is begging for help, while SpongeBob tells Mrs. Puff that the "new driving instructor" is helping him to drive in a very new way. Mrs. Puff advises him to keep eyes on the road at all times. Hearing this, SpongeBob literally does this, dropping his eyes onto the road, instead of watching the road. Dorsal Dan near-misses a fall from the cliff by swiftly turning. SpongeBob doesn't turn, so falls down the cliff. The police also chase them down the cliff. Stickyfins struggles to escape the boat, but then the boat crashes onto the Bikini Bottom Jail. Stickyfins then admits he doesn't want to leave jail, and begs the lawyer and prison guards not to leave prison, then quickly runs towards a solitary cell.
Later, Dorsal Dan is found by the police and then taken into the same solitary cell as Stickyfins has. Mrs. Puff begs them not to take him away. Later, police cars fall onto the Bikini Bottom Jail grounds. The police officers are all safe, advising the audience, "Drive safely, and always wear your seat belt!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Ghostly Graveyard (b) - Roger Dexter [Opening.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You stopped in front of the prison?"]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Stickyfins Whiting escapes from prison.]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News on radio.]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Stickyfins drive away.]
‣ The Ghostly Graveyard (b) - Roger Dexter [Dorsal Dan pulls up.]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [Police cars chase SpongeBob and Stickyfins.]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [SpongeBob drives crazy.]
• Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Stickyfins in baby clothes.]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Car crashes into a building.]
• Harpsichord Classical Bits - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Stickyfins in fancy clothes.]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Car crashes into a fancy restaurant.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders [Mrs. Puff and Dorsal drive into a destroyed part of the city.]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [SpongeBob and Stickyfins arrive at jewelry store.]
‣ Mini Mischief - Johnny Pearson [SpongeBob distracts while Sticky Fins robs the store.]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [SpongeBob and Stickyfins leave the jewelry store.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders ["Help, I've been robbed!"]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob waiting for Stickyfins in the car.]
‣ Hit and Run - Ralph Dollimore [Boat wash.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Max Saunders ["I think your sponge should be around here somewhere."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff sees SpongeBob.]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Stickyfins hit by golf balls and coral.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [Stickyfins cries.]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["Would you like to test me on roadsides now?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Falling rocks sign.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Rocks fall on Stickyfins.]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [Police cars chase SpongeBob and Stickyfins again.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm back!"]
‣ Sneaking Around You - Didier Francois Goret [Dorsal Dan captured.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll wait for you, my little tenderfoot!"]
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom (UK version only), The Complete Tenth Season, and Mini SpongeBob DVDs.
- The grave of Smitty Werben Man Jensen can be seen in the cemetery.
- The picture on SpongeBob's student driver card is used on his library card in Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated.
- When SpongeBob does "Abstract Thinking," he mimics Squidward in a second of frame.
- The Snail-Po truck from "Have You Seen This Snail?" can briefly be seen passing by.
- Mrs. Puff is shown flirting with another man, despite dating Mr. Krabs.
- When SpongeBob drives through a coral field, Stickyfins gets hit by three corals that spell "Kaz," the name of this episode's writer.
- This is the first episode to have Adam Paloian credited as a supervising director instead of storyboard supervisor.
- This is the first episode to play the track "Police Car" since "Growth Spout" in season 7.
- This is the second episode where a criminal takes advantage of SpongeBob to commit a crime, only for it to be a downfall due to his naïve annoyance, the first being "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler."
- When SpongeBob takes out his brain, he plays with it like a Rubik's Cube.
- The gear stick on the boat SpongeBob is driving resembles the Magic 8-Ball toy and his expression as he's shifting resembles Rat Fink. The Magic 8-Ball is also seen in the sister episode "Lost and Found."
- SpongeBob morphs intro "Relativity," an M C Escher painting created in 1953.
- After Dorsal Dan says, "Romance always has the right-of-way," his mustache disappears for a second.
- In the Russian, Asian, Dutch, Turkish, Polish, and Scandinavian airings, the title card is mistakenly cut.
- When this episode originally aired in Germany on September 11, 2017, the title card said "Fundsachen," which is supposed to be the German title of the sister episode, "Lost and Found." On November 26, 2017, the episode aired in Germany with a new and corrected title card.
- The same error happens in the sister episode "Lost and Found" where the title card says, "Flucht vor dem Fahrer" which is supposed to be the German title of this episode.
- As a result, in Germany, this episode has two title cards.