- Patrick Star
- Ms. Nibsy
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (cameo in picture)
- Angel donut (debut)
- Devil donut (debut)
The morning after SpongeBob's tea party, Patrick wakes up and remembers the tea party. He says that he must have passed out in SpongeBob's kitchen on the ceiling. The screen zooms out and flips upside-down and Patrick falls back onto the floor. He remembers that the party lasted after 8:30 PM and says things get crazy then (although it was only 8:35 and they were not actually that crazy). He looks around for SpongeBob and finds him in the living room with a donut in his hand. Since SpongeBob has also passed out, Patrick takes the donut.
When he arrives home, he wants to eat it but just before he does he remembers SpongeBob saying, "This kind of donut can really make a guy happy..." He then thinks he has stolen SpongeBob's donut. Two angel-and-devil donuts appear beside him. The angel donut tells him not to eat because SpongeBob is his friend while the devil donut tells him not to trust the angel donut because he has sprinkles. Patrick doesn't know who to trust so the devil donut gives him an idea by attaching a chain to it and saying that he can pull it out when SpongeBob wants it back. The angel donut says it is actually quite a good idea and the donuts disappear. Patrick tests out his method but when he pulls the chain, the donut does not come out with it. Panicking, he quickly coughs it back up.
His phone then rings, with SpongeBob on the other line. He says he will be right over to Patrick's house with a tape of the night before. Patrick realizes that the tape will show him taking SpongeBob's donut, so he runs around his house, trying to hide it. He tries under a rug but he thinks that SpongeBob might step on it. He hides it in the toaster but worries that SpongeBob will want to make toast. He thinks of hiding it in the toilet but he thinks that SpongeBob might want to use it. He then tries his "attic" but halfway up the stairs he remembers he doesn't have one, and falls because there are no stairs either. He then tries the "attic" again but simply falls once more. SpongeBob finally arrives and Patrick quickly hides the donut in the back of his pants. SpongeBob presents the videotape and prepares to watch it. Thinking the jig is up, Patrick breaks down crying and admits to taking the donut, but SpongeBob says it is all right for him to take the donut. He shows Patrick the tape that shows him giving the donut to him as a present. A confused Patrick realizes the donut is his as SpongeBob tells him that the party was for his birthday. Patrick then recalls his birthday party and pulls the donut (although, nearly spoiled) from his pants, splits it in half and asks SpongeBob if he wants to share. SpongeBob accepts as he eats the half donut, only to make him sick as Patrick says, "Pretty good, huh?," and the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ 20th Century Gothic (a) - Matthew Cang [title card]
‣ ? [opening]
‣ Code "Dead End" - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick woke up]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, yeah, the party."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick on the ceiling]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [tea party]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob asleep]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [shot of doughnut]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick tries to take it]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh..."]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["It worked!"]
‣ Blaze of Brass (d) - Cecil Milner ["A doughnut this nice deserves to be served on fine china!"]
‣ Stiff Upper Lip - Paddy Kingsland [the good plate]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick is about to eat the doughnut]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [flashback to previous night]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Patrick gasps]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Wait! I -an't eat -is -onut!"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [angel and devil donuts]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick eats the doughnut]
‣ ? ["And now..."]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick coughs up the doughnut]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Patrick trying to hide the doughnut]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry ["Hey, Patrick."]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [Patrick's first daydream]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Patrick puts the donut in the toaster]
‣ Screw on the Loose - Tony Lowry [Patrick's second daydream]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [doughnut dropped in toilet]
‣ Tympup C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [daydream cloud disappears]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin [Patrick running up to the "attic"]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (f) - Dick Stephen Walter [Patrick falls]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, I know, the attic!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs up, falls again]
‣ Red Alert - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob appears]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Patrick confesses]
‣ Pua Paoakalani B - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [video of party]
‣ Bashful Eyes - Kapono Beamer [The ending]
- This episode is available on the To Love a Patty, Season 5 Volume 2, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of February 1, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 224 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.8/10 based on 118 votes.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- Although Patrick's birthday is celebrated in the flashbacks and the video, it is unspecified how old he turned.
- On the title card, the classic Castle Thunder sound effect can be heard.
- In a flashback, SpongeBob and Patrick were having a tea party, and the same stuffed animals SpongeBob obtained from "Skill Crane" are a part of it, meaning that this episode takes place after that one.
- Patrick falling repeatedly from his "attic" sleep is similar to him falling repeatedly from Mount Climb-up and Fall-off in "Valentine's Day."
- This episode has a similar ending to "To Love a Patty," with SpongeBob eating a spoiled food item that makes him sick.
- This is the second episode to have sound effects on title card. The first is "Karate Island."
- This is the third episode in which most of the episode takes place inside Patrick's house. The first is "I'm with Stupid" and the second is "Rise and Shine."
- This is one of the few episodes where there is no bubble transition between the opening credits and the start of the episode. Instead, there is a wipe to Patrick's closed eyes.
- This episode shows SpongeBob with a digital alarm clock rather than his usual foghorn one.
- Despite this being a season 5 episode, the portrait of SpongeBob hung on Patrick's wall depicts him in his classic season 1 design.
- When Patrick fell off from the "attic," SpongeBob would have seen him with the donut.
- When Patrick is outside, he has underwear on, but when goes inside his rock, his pants are suddenly on.
- When Patrick imagines SpongeBob walking and stepping on the donut under the rug, SpongeBob's nose turns white for a split second.