|21a - "Your Shoe's Untied"|
|21b - "Squid's Day Off"|
|22a - "Something Smells"|
|22b - "Bossy Boots"|
|23a - "Big Pink Loser"|
|23b - "Bubble Buddy"|
|24a - "Dying for Pie"|
|24b - "Imitation Krabs"|
|25a - "Wormy"|
|25b - "Patty Hype"|
|26a - "Grandma's Kisses"|
|26b - "Squidville"|
|27a - "Prehibernation Week"|
|27b - "Life of Crime"|
|28 - "Christmas Who?"|
|List of home videos|
|29a - "Survival of the Idiots"|
|29b - "Dumped"|
|30a - "No Free Rides"|
|30b - "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic"|
|31a - "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III"|
|31b - "Squirrel Jokes"|
|32a - "Pressure"|
|32b - "The Smoking Peanut"|
|33a - "Shanghaied"|
|33b - "Gary Takes a Bath"|
|34a - "Welcome to the Chum Bucket"|
|34b - "Frankendoodle"|
|35a - "The Secret Box"|
|35b - "Band Geeks"|
|List of home videos|
|36a - "Graveyard Shift"|
|36b - "Krusty Love"|
|37a - "Procrastination" (uncut)|
|37b - "I'm with Stupid"|
|38a - "Sailor Mouth"|
|38b - "Artist Unknown"|
|39a - "Jellyfish Hunter"|
|39b - "The Fry Cook Games"|
|40b - "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm"|
|40a - "Squid on Strike"|
|List of home videos|
|- "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III (storyboard)"|
|- "Christmas Who? (storyboard)"|
|List of home videos|
- Nick DVD Game Demo
- Script Viewer
- Jason Bovberg of DVDTalk.com, said in a review that "even more than with the first-season set, you really have a tough decision to make if you've been purchasing the theme sets," calling the set itself an "obvious cash-grab, to sell as many SpongeBob sets to the unaware consumer." The basis for this verdict was the lack of new home video releases of episodes in the set; at this time, only 2 out the 39 episodes weren't released ("I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" and "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm"). He praised the video and audio quality, although he criticized the commentaries for being "boring."
- "Christmas Who?" is counted as a double-length episode. This episode counts as three chapters on this DVD, with the Christmas theme song being a separate chapter.
- "Shanghaied" is also counted as a double-length episode. However, the 15-minute version of "Shanghaied" is used on this DVD.
- Some of the earlier copies sold in 2004 had a free ticket to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. This is because the box set came out one month before the first movie was released in theaters.
- On one of the alternative backings of the set, Plankton is shown to have carved a shape of himself in SpongeBob's house with a saw and is about to break in.
- The Japanese DVD cover is different compared to other international versions.
- In the episode "Christmas Who?" on disc 1, the part where Patchy the Pirate says, "It's about time you got back! Now I can finish me story!" is removed due to the DVD version of the episode having no commercials. Here is what it's like on this DVD and airings on television:
- Patchy: Is Squidward right? Can there be a Christmas under the sea? Stay tuned. [Makes a sad face. Scene fades to black, then fades to a SpongeBob Christmas decoration.] So, SpongeBob was sending the last of the letters to Santa. [The rest of the episode goes normal.]
Airings on TV
- Patchy: Is Squidward right? Can there be a Christmas under the sea? Stay tuned. [Makes a sad face. Scene fades to black, then fades to Patchy again.] It's about time you got back! [Holds up a SpongeBob Christmas decoration.] Now I can finish me story! [Scene cuts close to the decoration.] So, SpongeBob was sending the last of the letters to Santa. [The rest of the episode goes normal.]
- The uncut version of "Procrastination" is included on disc 3. This is because the DVD was released before the scene was cut.
- Contents of the discs are also available in Spanish stereo, making it the first season DVD with a Spanish language option.
- The UK version does not include any of the bonus features, with the exception of the "Around the World with SpongeBob SquarePants" special.
- This is the first seasonal DVD release to be rated G in Canada, unlike the first season DVD, which is rated PG.
- In the trailer of this DVD box set, the artwork was slightly different, but it was changed before being released.
- The following disc covers are based on the episodes were:
- This is the last SpongeBob season DVD box set to use black normal size disc cases. The next season DVD uses thin disc cases and the cases are clear.
- On the original Japanese cover, the window is pink. On the Japanese re-release cover, the window is bluish-gray.
- The digital DVD SpongeBob SquarePants Special Collection, Vol. 2 also uses the cover art.
- In all Nickelodeon USA airings of the episode "Something Smells" and the iTunes and Amazon video version, SpongeBob walks up to a building and says, "Hi, building!" which causes the building to flee from SpongeBob's breath. He goes up to Patrick and says, "I just don't get it!" and Patrick says, "I don't either."
- On this DVD release, the Nautical Nonsense and Undersea Antics Volume 1 VHS tapes, the Nick Scene It? DVD game, Canadian airings on YTV and Nickelodeon Canada, Polish airings, UK airings, and Australian airings, the scene instead goes like this:
- SpongeBob: [walks up to a building and waves] I just don't get it! [the building flees]
- Patrick: [off-screen] I don't, either. [SpongeBob walks up to Patrick; the rest of the scene goes as normal, resulting in the same lines being repeated.] According to the audio commentary on this DVD, this was a sound mixing error. The music also repeats itself incorrectly at that point. It is made obvious since SpongeBob's mouth still clearly says the intended line. However, the closed-captioning on this DVD still uses the original correct line.
- The disc 1 episode description of "Bubble Buddy" states, "With Patrick out of town..." However, in the episode, Patrick's note just says that he has gone to get more giant paper. It also does not mention that SpongeBob went to check on Squidward and Sandy too.
- Just like the 2003 DVD release of Tide and Seek, on the back of disc 1, "Squidville" is misspelled as "Squidsville." However, the re-release corrected this mistake.
- The Region 4 release also corrected this mistake.
- On the disc 2 cover, Barnacle Boy's Pants are colored blue instead of black.
- "Graveyard Shift" is listed as "The Graveyard Shift" on the back of disc 3 and in the script viewer.
- Even though "Squid on Strike" is episode 40a and "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm" is episode 40b, disc 3 has the opposite (40b, then 40a).
- On the UK release, all the non-English language tracks are lower-pitched.
- ^ a b Bovberg, Jason (2004-10-11). SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete Second Season. DVD Talk. Retrieved on 2019-07-15.
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20111111090844/http://www.pressacademy.com/satawards/awards2005a.shtml