- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Soft shell clam (single appearance)
- Hard shell clam (single appearance)
- Razor clam (single appearance)
- Giant clam
- Big G
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 73
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Larry the Snail (cameo)
- Mystery the Seahorse (cameo)
- Rex (cameo)
- Sea bears (cameo)
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 4 (named Steven)
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 119
- Incidental 17
- Violin player (debut)
The episode starts off with the French Narrator narrating as the clams migrate to the warmer climates. SpongeBob is eager to see them and takes his eyes out of his sockets to get a better view. Meanwhile, Patrick makes his eyes like binoculars. SpongeBob sees all the different kinds of clams, including the soft shell clam, the hard shell clam, the giant clam, and the razor clam. SpongeBob then takes bits of Krabby Patties as bait to lure the clams closer for a better view. Patrick then feels hungry and eats all of the bait with his tongue from the ground. SpongeBob notices and waits for Patrick to fall asleep. After he falls asleep, SpongeBob secretly takes out the bits of Krabby Patties to lure them once again for it to eventually work. Squidward notices and is not too happy with the idea. The clams enter and make a mess of his house. The clams then make a mess on Squidward for shouting at SpongeBob. Squidward, annoyed, takes a bath stating he will never be clean again.
Later, SpongeBob is on his way to work, but the clams end up following him. SpongeBob tries to get the clams away from him, but they instead follow him some more. So he decides to take them with him. As a result of the clams stealing others' food, SpongeBob takes them to the Krusty Krab. Squidward notices the clams and hollers, fleeing the scene and screaming that he just got clean and that he does not want to be pooped on again. SpongeBob explicitly tells the clams to not steal anyone's food, only for this to result in all of them not listening. Mr. Krabs comes out wondering what is happening and puts him and SpongeBob under the boat. He then asks, "What in barnacles is happening out there?" SpongeBob responds with saying that they were stealing the customers' food. Mr. Krabs then orders SpongeBob to get rid of the clams before one of them spits a pearl at Mr. Krabs. After SpongeBob scolds the clam, Mr. Krabs checks the pearl's quality and suddenly has a change of attitude towards the clams. SpongeBob decides to lead the clams away from the restaurant in the hopes of tiring them out, while Mr. Krabs chases them for more pearls.
SpongeBob leads the clams to an outside café, where one of them tries to date a fish lady. SpongeBob then leads them to a children's playground, where they cause chaos. Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and most of the other townspeople find SpongeBob and the clams and order them to leave. SpongeBob sadly agrees to do so, and Mr. Krabs still asks for more pearls, only to be crushed a bigger one than before. SpongeBob leads the clams away, and the characters move back to reveal a violinist playing the background music. SpongeBob and the clams journey through the seasons, and eventually part ways when fall starts to arrive. One season later, Squidward just finishes cleaning his house when he mistakes SpongeBob for a clam because he took on a clam-like form. This alarms Squidward and makes him fall in the drool pool caused by Patrick's dribbling during his nap and freaks out. Patrick immediately wakes up and runs around, alarmed, with Squidward. SpongeBob returns to his house where his bed is essentially a nest. He then spits a pearl at the light switch, as the episode ends.
- The clams spitting pearls at Mr. Krabs. He actually likes the clams for their pearls, which can make him rich.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Paradise Cove - Cedric King-Palmer [Clam migration.]
‣ Shore Leave - Will Hesling [Clams signaling each other.]
‣ Ocean Shimmer - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob watching clams.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What are you doing, SpongeBob?"]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [Patrick cries.]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Binocular snaps wrapped around Patrick.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick watching clams.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 40A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Wait, I know! They're always hungry when they migrate!"]
• The Donut Dilema - Nicolas Carr [Patrick eating patty meat.]
• Lap Steel Lullabye - Nicolas Carr [Patrick falls asleep.]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Walter [Patty meat attracts clams.]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter ["Isn't that beautiful?"]
‣ Ouverture Pie Voleuse - Gioacchino Rossini, Dominique Guiot, Eric Mallet [Squidward reciting poetry.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield [Clam shriek interrupts Squidward.]
‣ Ouverture Pie Voleuse - Gioacchino Rossini, Dominique Guiot, Eric Mallet [Squidward continues reciting poetry.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1D - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, that is it!"]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's house covered in clam feces.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17A - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward bathing.]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Clams following SpongeBob.]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Clams copying all SpongeBob's movements.]
‣ One Over the Eight - Len Stevens [Clams disturbing people.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield [Someone rejects his Krabby Patty.]
• Ad Lib Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and the clams enter the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Squidward screams as he sees the clams.]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz [Clams attack everyone at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Scherzo Phrenia - Gergor Narholz [Clam spits a pearl at Mr. Krabs.]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr ["Pearls?!"]
• Breathing Underwater - Nicolas Carr [Krabs examining the pearl.]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Krabs tells SpongeBob about his idea.]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Clams spit a bunch of pearls at Krabs.]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr [Krabs emerges from the pearls as a king.]
• A Pinapple Luau Faster - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Clams follow SpongeBob out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ City Links - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob and clams go past a coffee shop.]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Clams disturbing kids at Poseidon Elementary.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy ["There you are!"]
‣ Groovy Baby - Desmond Champ, Harold Geller [Clams dancing.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Squidward says the clams don't belong in a civilized town.]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, maybe you're right."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Clam spits giant pearl at Krabs.]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["Well, then, I guess this is good-bye."]
‣ Lion King - Peter Hope [SpongeBob meets with the clams and imitates them.]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares [Clams migrate to warmer climates.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees SpongeBob.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (A) - Ronald Hanmer ["The clams! They're back!"]
• Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 1, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Cave Dwelling Sponge DVDs.
- When Patrick starts watching clams with his eyes, he makes a face that looks like one from "Face Freeze!"
- This episode marks Rex and Larry's first appearances since their debuts in "Dumped."
- This episode also marks Mystery's first appearance since her debut in "My Pretty Seahorse."
- This episode marks the last appearance of sea bears until the season 12 episode "Pineapple RV."
- This episode marks the first usage of the following tracks:
- "Woe is Me!" since "Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle."
- "A Jolly Jaunt" since "Bumper to Bumper."
- "Kalua Jubalee" since "The Fish Bowl."
- "Clumsy" since "Mall Girl Pearl."
- "One Over The Eight" since "Pet or Pests."
- "Ad Lib Jig" since "Pull Up a Barrel."
- "Scherzo Phrenia" since "Buried in Time."
- "Thoughts of Summer" since "No Nose Knows."
- The title is a reference to either The Dog Whisperer or The Horse Whisperer. The title name is also based on Tom and Jerry Tale episode The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo.
- Squidward's line "What's in a Squidward? A Squidward by any other name would-" is an allusion to the William Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet.
- When SpongeBob gets electrocuted, he looks like Z and T tetrominos.
- When Squidward says, "SpongeBob, will you stop feeding those clams?" Patrick is seen sleeping near SpongeBob's pineapple, but before Squidward closes the curtains and starts crying, Patrick is gone.
- The last chunk of Krabby Patty disappears after the camera focuses on Patrick eating the second last chunk of Krabby Patty.
- In the Swedish dub, SpongeBob's laugh is not dubbed when he turns into a clam.