- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Unnamed nurse (single appearance)
- Robot baby (debut)
- Tailor Tom (name on sign)
- Female judge (cameo in picture)
- Harold SquarePants (cameo in picture)
- Male judge (cameo in picture)
- Margaret SquarePants (cameo in picture)
- Old Man Jenkins (cameo in picture)
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder (cameo in picture)
- Sherm SquarePants (cameo in picture)
- Incidental 64 (cameo in picture)
- King Neptune (cameo in picture)
- Angry Jack (cameo in the picture)
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 24
- One of the weight lifters from "MuscleBob BuffPants"
- Pearl Krabs (cameo in picture)
The episode starts with the Krusty Krab employees having their checkups from a nurse. SpongeBob and Squidward take their checkups, but Mr. Krabs is afraid to do so. Because he will not do the checkup, SpongeBob and Squidward tell the nurse they will do his checkup over the weekend.
They first check Mr. Krabs' pinching ability by tricking him into thinking money is inside a box. However, Mr. Krabs severely hurts his hands due to pinching his own hands. Afterwards, SpongeBob and Squidward disguise themselves as a tailor and pretend to check Mr. Krabs' eyestalks, but he thinks the "employee" is abusing him and leaves.
Then, they open a photo booth to take an X-ray of Mr. Krabs, but accidentally take too many, causing Mr. Krabs to come out all mutated. Next, they open a massage parlor for the cold-blooded test, but SpongeBob thinks this means putting Mr. Krabs in extremely cold temperatures, rather than Mr. Krabs' temperature compared to the water around him, and traps him in a freezer.
Mr. Krabs finds out that SpongeBob and Squidward have been secretly testing him for his checkup and cries because the Krusty Krab will be shut down. The two try to make Mr. Krabs exercise so he will be in fit shape when the nurse returns, but he fails to do any of the exercises. Mr. Krabs is now even more hurt than he already was, but he comes up with a plan to get Larry to fill in for him for the check-up. This plan works, and the episode ends with Larry asking for the money he heard he would get, only for Mr. Krabs to run away as he does not want to pay.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What do you think the nurse is doing to him in there?"]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Silhouettes of SpongeBob and the nurse.]
• Spongey Bubbles - Steve Belfer [The nurse tries to test SpongeBob's reflexes/"Ah... You seem fine... physically, at least."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 27 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Wow! Imagine if it was this easy to get your boating license!"]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob describes his checkup to Mr. Krabs.]
• Stupid Plan - Steve Belfer [Squidward gives the nurse an ink sample.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs hides in his office.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward laughs.]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (g) - Keith Mansfield ["Every employee must get their checkup or the restaurant will be closed under orders of the Bikini Bottom Better Business Bureau."]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr ["Everybody wins!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Nurse takes Squidward's money.]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Squidward waiting for Mr. Krabs behind a building.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Free money, eh?"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob trying to do the pinch test on Mr. Krabs/Squidward's nose gets grabbed by Mr. Krabs' claw.]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["... Mr. Krabs himself!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob makes Krabs pinch himself.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Me achin' pinchers!"]
• It's Magic - Nicolas Carr [shot of penny]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Pinch test failed."]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [Eyestalk test at the tailor shop.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Unknown Track 17 - SpongeBob disguised convincing Mr. Krabs to use the photo booth.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I am very photogen-eric."]
‣ In the Cooler Tension Build Up - Nicolas Carr, Dick de Benedictis [X-rays of Krabs.]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [Krabs exits the photo booth.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Unknown Track 106 - SpongeBob appears disguised as a hippie.
‣ Battle at Sea - Johnny Pearson [Krabs launched into the freezer.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, you moron!"]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs frozen.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs cries.]
• Sponge Surf No Guit Me - Billy Lincoln, Michael Gurley [Krabs doing exercise at Mussel Beach.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't know what we did wrong, Squidward!"]
• Shanty Dirge - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["I guess that nurse is gonna close the Krusty Krab after all."]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs says he has a plan.]
• Light Conversation 1 No Triangle - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Nurse returns to the Krusty Krab.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [Larry pretending to be Mr. Krabs.]
• The Frycook's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Whoo-hoo! We did it, boys! The Krusty Krab lives to see another day!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs disappears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 1, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Cave Dwelling Sponge DVDs.
- This episode was confirmed exactly a month before it premiered.
- The text design on the title card is similar to that of "Model Sponge."
- Also, these two episodes both have "Cream Pie" as the title card music.
- When Mr. Krabs is seen eating his arms in fear, it is a reference to when SpongeBob does the same in "Graveyard Shift" when Squidward is telling him the story of the hash-slinging slasher.
- Mr. Krabs mentions his underwear being on fire when he is having his X-rays. This is a reference to his quote "Me underwear's on fire!" from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the last episode to premiere during the Do the New Saturday Mornings event.
- This is the first appearance of Mussel Beach since "MuscleBob BuffPants."
- It is also the first appearance of the weightlifter since the same episode.
- This is the first episode where Larry the Lobster works at the Krusty Krab. This later becomes a plot element of "Larry the Floor Manager."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs is seen lifting weights. The first was "Larry's Gym."
- This episode marks the second time SpongeBob wears a kelp mustache. The first was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the second episode where a character is afraid of getting a check-up. The first was "Suds" in SpongeBob's case.
- This episode marks the fifth time where Squidward's ink is seen. The first was "Giant Squidward," the second was in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, the third was "Mutiny on the Krusty," and the fourth was "Krusty Katering."
- This is the fifth episode where Mr. Krabs is seen without his shell. The first was "Shell of a Man," the second was "Shell Shocked," the third was "Company Picnic," and the fourth was "Larry's Gym."
- This is one of the few episodes in which the Krabby Patty secret formula appears, but Plankton does not.
- One of the photos seen on the sign for SpongeBob and Squidward's photo booth references the American Gothic.
- This reference also occurred in "FarmerBob."
- The "ink test" is similar to a real-life urine test.
- At one point, SpongeBob tells Squidward that he is going to make Mr. Krabs an "offer he can’t resist." This is a reference to the quote "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" from The Godfather.
- Tailor Tom's Tailor Shop alludes to the clothing company Tom Tailor.
- During Squidward's check-up, SpongeBob's teeth turn yellow for one frame.
- The nurse says that every Krusty Krab employee must have their checkup when Mr. Krabs refuses. However, Mr. Krabs does not technically count as an employee, as he is the founder and boss of the Krusty Krab.
- When SpongeBob says "It's your turn, Mr. K!" his eyelashes are missing for a few seconds.
- The same error happens when SpongeBob is putting on his nurse hat.
- Mr. Krabs does not have his money with him when he runs away at the end, so Larry could have gone inside his office and taken his money.