- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 32
- Bulls (debut)
- Horse (debut)
- Scallops and clams
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 23
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Flats the Flounder
- Pearl Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 18
SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy are playing in the sand at Goo Lagoon. Sandy makes some sand in the shape of Texas, which is soon destroyed by the goo tide. She walks off sadly, while SpongeBob tries to cheer her up and offers to play with her, but Sandy explains that she is just feeling a little homesick. SpongeBob and Patrick then blindfold her and take her to her treedome, which only adds to Sandy's depression. She begins crying, and runs off.
Both SpongeBob and Patrick are confused until they hear Sandy singing a song from on top of her treedome about how much she misses Texas. They decide to cheer up Sandy by throwing a Texas-themed party for her at the Krusty Krab. They go to Sandy's house to ask her to come to the Krusty Krab with them, but she tells them that she is leaving Bikini Bottom to move back to Texas. SpongeBob is shocked by this, and tries to convince her to go to the Krusty Krab, but fails. Sandy gets into a bus out of Bikini Bottom and leaves. Patrick insults Texas by calling it stupid, asking what is so great about it.
Suddenly, the bus comes back and Sandy returns, and she angrily berates Patrick for badmouthing her hometown. Patrick then asks if he can say that people from Texas are dumb, which angers her even further. This gives SpongeBob an idea to lure Sandy to the Krusty Krab. He and Patrick continue insulting Texas, and Sandy begins chasing them. They intend to lead Sandy to her surprise party at the Krusty Krab. Patrick continuously insults Texas, thinking Sandy is too slow to catch up to them, only to soon realize that she is very fast and catching up to them.
Sandy lassos Patrick and pulls him to her, and a nuclear explosion is shown in the background as he disappears. SpongeBob, still hoping to reach the Krusty Krab, begins screaming as he runs as fast as he can. Sandy's lasso reaches SpongeBob the instant he reaches the door of the Krusty Krab, and she attempts to pull him to her as he holds the door with his pinkie finger. Eventually, this causes the entire front of the building to be torn off, revealing the party inside.
Sandy realizes how much her underwater friends care about her, and that Bikini Bottom has become her true home, and decides to stay. The crowd, except Squidward, cheers at this, and Patrick once again insults Texas. Sandy gets angry once again, and Patrick asks if he should start running again as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• ? - Junior Brown [Title card]
• ? - Junior Brown [Opening]
‣ Real Western Steel - Bobby Black ["Can't you see? It's Texas!"]
• ? - Junior Brown ["Oh, it's nothing but a memory now."]
• ? - Junior Brown [SpongeBob trying to cheer Sandy up]
• ? - Junior Brown [Sandy cries]
• ? - Junior Brown ["I guess I'm just feeling a little homesick"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Mm-mmm..."]
• ? - Junior Brown [Sandy blindfolded]
• ? - Junior Brown [Sandy cries again]
◦ Texas Song - Sherm Cohen, Vincent Waller, Junior Brown
‣ Vibe Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["That's it! Patrick, your genius is showing."]
• ? - Junior Brown [Transition to next scene]
• ? - Junior Brown [SpongeBob and Patrick playing leapfrog]
• ? - Junior Brown ["I'm going back home to Texas."]
‣ Blue Dobro (a) - Richard Myhill [Sandy gets angry at Patrick]
• ? - Junior Brown [SpongeBob and Patrick teasing Sandy]
‣ The Poker - The Langhorns [Sandy puts down her bags]
• ? - Junior Brown [SpongeBob and Patrick run away]
• ? - Junior Brown [Sandy chases SpongeBob and Patrick]
• ? - Junior Brown [party at Krusty Krab]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Don't cry anymore, Sandy."]
• ? - Junior Brown ["I'm not cryin', I'm laughin'."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [ending]
- This episode is available on the Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies, Complete 1st Season, Fools in April, Aaarg!, Sponge Crazy, First 100 Episodes, Really Big Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 2, The Complete First Season, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs and SpongeBob SquarePants Volume 3 on GBA Video.
- This episode is available on the Nautical Nonsense and Undersea Antics Volume 1 VHS tapes.
- This episode is also available on the It's a SpongeBob Christmas! Blu-ray.
- "Texas" was ranked #73 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- "Texas" was ranked #36 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- Vincent Waller, one of the writers and storyboard artists, was born in Texas. Ironically, he is a writer of this episode and the Texas Song (also known as "I Wanna Go Home").
- Jellyfish Fields is shown to be located right next to Goo Lagoon in this episode.
- The fact that Sandy thought that the Bikini Bottomites ate jellyfish is similar to Plankton's belief of them in "F.U.N."
- Innuendo: When SpongeBob says to Patrick that his genius is showing, Patrick immediately asks "Where?" and covers his crotch.
- Despite his weak muscular system that is exposed in several episodes, SpongeBob is able to tear off the entire front half of the Krusty Krab with only his finger and is able to throw a whale up and over his head from behind.
- SpongeBob's misinterpretations of the things Sandy misses from Texas include Flats the Flounder holding a cube for "square dancing," "peas-in-a-can pies" for pecan pie, large water containers being worn over the head as "10-gallon hats," and Barbed Qs for barbecues.
- When Sandy decides to stay in Bikini Bottom and everyone gathers around her, everyone is excited and cheering except for Squidward, who does not cheer at all, except towards the end of the cheering, when he says, "Woopty doo."
- This is the first episode where a map of Texas is shown.
- This is the first time Sandy is shown crying.
- This is the first time Sandy is heard singing.
- This is the second appearance of Flats the Flounder, who first appeared in "Sandy's Rocket."
- "The Bully" is Flats' first non-cameo appearance.
- This is the third episode where the German dub version has the exact same title card as the English version. The first is "Plankton!" and the second is "F.U.N." The Japanese dub also retains this episode's English title, albeit translated to Katakana.
- The background of the title card is the flag of Texas.
- SpongeBob sings a snippet of the parlor song "Home Sweet Home!"
- "Maybe it's a squirrel thing" is a pun on the phrase "It's a girl thing."
- The Texas Song is a parody of Hank Williams' "Long Gone Lonesome Blues."
- The Texas Song is written in a modified version of the 12-bar blues progression.
- Patrick mangles the lyrics of the cowboy song "Git Along, Little Dogies."
- SpongeBob sings a parody of the song "Deep in the Heart of Texas."
- Sandy says, "Y'all best apologize, or I'm gonna be on you like ugly on an ape!," which is a reference to a quote from the character Jimmy James from the TV show NewsRadio. In episode 9, Season 5, Jimmy says "Max, if you try any of that mind-trick stuff on me, I'll be on you like ugly on a ape."
- At the end of the intro, the show's logo is textless. This error seems to be common on most of the foreign TV airings of this episode.
- Whenever Patrick and SpongeBob try to catch jellyfish, Sandy's outline turns green.
- When Sandy is singing her song, it seems the music notes are going toward her instead of away from her.
- For a fraction of a second during the song, Sandy's neck is white instead of brown.
- Right before SpongeBob and Patrick start walking around in a circle, SpongeBob has two bottom lip outlines.
- Some of the cells are tinted blue during the scenes where SpongeBob and Patrick are running from Sandy.
- When Sandy is holding a rope and chasing after SpongeBob and Patrick, she is panting, but her mouth does not move.
- When Patrick gets captured by Sandy and says, "AHHHH! SpongeBob!," his voice is out of sync with the animation.
- When SpongeBob is almost at the Krusty Krab, his pants are a darker shade of brown.
- During the February 8, 2016 airing, the Billionfold Inc. logo was used in the end credits instead of the United Plankton Pictures, Inc. logo. Billionfold Inc. is actually the company that worked on the production of four Nickelodeon shows that were all created by Butch Hartman, not by Stephen Hillenburg.