- 5:00 AM and 5:00 pm
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gary (cameo)
- Zeus the Guitar Lord (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Larry the Lobster
- Bikini Bottomates
- Karen (mentioned only)
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (lime fish) (cameo, TV only)
The episode begins with Squidward waking up at 5:00 a.m. to watch Fab and Fancy. But it is canceled and replaced with Zeus the Guitar Lord. Squidward then finds out they give shows to anyone. He then calls the network and gets his own T.V. show. He is next seen at the Krusty Krab waiting happily to leave and get started on his show. SpongeBob overhears him talking and asks why he is so jittery. But Squidward plugs up his ears and leaves before SpongeBob can ask. Squidward is at his house preparing for Squidward Chat. But SpongeBob finds out and rushes to Squidward's house to tell him. Then he brings Patrick in and they start messing up the show. Squidward tells them to leave, but they just plain refuse. Patrick then becomes the cameraman and SpongeBob controls the microphone, but they make it even worse. Mr. Krabs finds out and uses the show as free advertisement. Sandy watches and soon starts dancing on the show. Then Pearl watches and decides to use her cheerleading. Plankton watches and thinks he could cause more damage with his ray gun. Then the entire set is ruined. Squidward tells them all to leave and asks them if this is some sort of house warming. Larry overhears it and everybody comes in and that is the end of Squidward Chat. The producer comes in and tells Squidward that the show is going great but kicks a few people out including Squidward. The show is renamed Squidward's House Party, which does not include Squidward. Instead it has Zeus the Guitar Lord. It also has Patrick on the drums, Sandy and Pearl as back-up dancers, SpongeBob on the Electric Piano, Mr. Krabs as advertisement, and Plankton as the special effects master. And the worst part is, Squidward can't sleep.
Trivia & Errors
- In German, this episode is called Tentakel TV which means "Tentacles TV".
- When Patrick puts his mouth to the camera lens, we see a human mouth on a fish's tv screen.
- After SpongeBob was laughing in the conversation at the Krusty Krab, he said "good times" which could be a reference to The Fairly Odd Parents, which is what Cosmo sometimes say after laughing.
- On the Nickelodeon schedule, Nick lists this episode as "Squid TV".
- Although a few other people were rejected from the show, Squidward was the only one kicked out of the house. Also, the other rejected fish can still be seen in the party.
- Bikini Bottom Public Access has no authority barging in, or throwing a rather "destructive" party in someone else's property.
- When Gary is first changing the channel, the couch was missing from the living room. When SpongeBob came closer, it was there.
- The number of teeth in Patrick's mouth varies a lot.
- Error: Bikini Bottom Public Access owner said four people were doing wrong (including Squidward), but threw out only Squidward.
- SpongeBob Theme - Title card.
- Vibe Sting - #1 - Squidward gets an idea.
- Seaweed - Patrick moves the camera up and down.
- Vibe Sting - #2 - Mr. Krabs sees Squidward on television.
- The Mad Hatter's Ball - "Fab and Fancy!"
- Botany Bay (a) - Squidward gets eager.
- Tympup A / ? - #1 - SpongeBob winks.
- Opening Trailer 2 - #1 - "Squidward Chat! With your host, Squidward Tentacles."
- Aloha Oe - Gary watches television.
- Wooden Bear - #1 - SpongeBob explains to Patrick that they are on television.
- Drama Link (d) - An old lady sees Patrick's mouth on television.
- Wooden Bear - #2 - Patrick licks the camera lens.
- Monster Bug (a) - Squidward ties Patrick to the camera.
- Tympup A / ? - #2 - Squidward gets kicked out of his house.
- Opening Trailer 2 - #2 - "Squidward's House Party, with your host..."