- Squidward Tentacles
- TV announcer
- The crowd in Fab and Fancy! (single appearance)
- Doorbell ringer (single appearance)
- Zeus the Guitar Lord (debut)
- Zeus' mother (mentioned)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Gramma (cameo)
- Fish in pictures at Gramma's house
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Pearl Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton (cameo)
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 7 (normal; green)
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 152
- Public Access fish (debut)
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 46
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 151
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 64
The episode begins with Squidward waking up at 5:00 AM to watch Fab and Fancy! on the channel known as Bikini Bottom Public Access. But to his surprise, the show has been canceled and is replaced with Zeus the Guitar Lord. Squidward then finds out that they give TV shows to anyone. He then calls the network and gets his TV show.
He is next seen at the Krusty Krab waiting happily to leave and get started on his show. SpongeBob overhears him talking and asks why he is so jittery, but Squidward plugs up his ears with Krabby Patties and leaves before SpongeBob can ask why. Squidward is at his house preparing for Squidward Chat. But SpongeBob then finds out and rushes to Squidward's house to tell him.
SpongeBob then brings Patrick in and they start messing up the show. Squidward tells them to leave, but they refuse to do so. Squidward then gives both of them jobs for the show. Patrick becomes the cameraman and SpongeBob controls the microphone, but they make the show even worse. Mr. Krabs finds out and uses the show as a free advertisement to promote his restaurant, the Krusty Krab. Sandy watches the show and then starts line-dancing on-air. Then Pearl watches the show and decides to show her cheerleading on-air. Plankton watches the show and thinks he could cause more damage with his ray gun. Once he appears, he starts firing his ray gun, which ruins the entire set. Plankton shouts "Eat at the Chum Bucket or perish!" Squidward begins to cry because his show is ruined.
An outraged Squidward tells them all to leave and asks them if this is some sort of housewarming. Larry overhears it and everybody comes into his house. The producer comes in and tells Squidward that the show is going great. However, he reveals that public access standards gave the show very little ratings with a small amount of money in a tiny money bag. He then kicks a few people out, including Squidward.
The show is then renamed Squidward's House Party, which does not include Squidward. Instead, it has Zeus the Guitar Lord hosting. It also has Patrick on the drums, Sandy and Pearl as back-up dancers, SpongeBob on electric keyboard, Mr. Krabs as advertisement, and Plankton as the special effects master. Squidward is annoyed by all the noise while trying to sleep, as the episode ends.
- People breaking into Squidward's house and Squidward Chat being interrupted.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
• Solo Steel 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
• Gametime - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Our programming will begin shortly."]
• Bikini Bottom Public Access - Nicolas Carr ["Bikini Bottom Public Access presents..."]
‣ The Mad Hatter's Ball - Syd Dale ["Fab and Fancy!"]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Squidward makes coffee.]
• Guitar Load - Nicolas Carr [Guitar Lord intro.]
• Electric Guitar Licks - Nicolas Carr [Shot of ad paper.]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["He obviously doesn't know the first thing about music!"]
• Electric Guitar Licks - Nicolas Carr ["Your... what?"]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Squidward talking to Zeus.]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [At the Krusty Krab.]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [Squidward gets an idea.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Close up of SpongeBob's face.]
• Winky Dink - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob winks.]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Okay, I'll tell you."]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward leaves.]
• Bikini Bottom Public Access - Nicolas Carr ["Bikini Bottom Public Access presents..."]
‣ Opening Trailer 2 - Syd Dale ["Squidward Chat! With your host, Squidward Tentacles."]
‣ Aloha Oé - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [Gary watching TV.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees Squidward on TV.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward's on TV?!"]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["TV?!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob and Patrick on TV.]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick's mouth on TV.]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Patrick licking the camera lens.]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr ["Sound man!"]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick moving the camera up and down.]
‣ Monster Bug [#33] - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward ties Patrick to the camera.]
• Unknown Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob hitting Squidward with the microphone.]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Squidward has his own TV show?"]
• Stealing the Show - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs advertising the Krusty Krab.]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["That's it! Everyone out!"]
• Self Surf - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, everyone! It's a housewarming!"]
• Spongefoolery - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["Actually, I'd say the show is doing just fine."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward kicked out.]
‣ Opening Trailer 2 - Syd Dale ["And now, Bikini Bottom's top public access show for the last 20 weeks: Squidward's House Party!"]
• Guitar Load - Nicolas Carr ["Zeus the Guitar Lord!"]
• Wig Struck - Nicolas Carr [Zeus shows his new guitar.]
• Zeus the Guitar Load - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the Triton's Revenge, Triple Pack 2, Big Hits: Volume 1, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Kids Double Pack: Volume 5, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Fine Arts Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- On the Nickelodeon schedule, this episode is listed as "Squid TV", which was the episode's working title.
- This is the second episode in which someone has been proven incompetent at handling recording equipment and accidentally stuck a boom mike into someone's mouth. The first is "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture."
- This marks the 100th appearance of Tom.
- In the Bahasa Indonesia dub, all the character voices have been changed, especially SpongeBob, whose voice has been changed completely.
- However, Gary's "meow" cannot be heard anymore.
- Also, the Krusty Krab scene involving SpongeBob was cut due to time constraints.
- This episode and "House Fancy" both focus on Squidward wanting to be on TV.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song can be heard played by Zeus the Guitar Lord at the end of the episode.
- Zeus the Guitar Lord was named after crew member Zeus Cervas.
- Irony: Squidward could've gotten security guards to keep the others from entering his house during filming or called the police on the others.
- Innuendo: Patrick saying that his shorts are wet while he tied to the camera set. Earlier ago when he was tied onto the camera set, he said he had to go potty.
- A snail with the same design as Gary can be seen during the beginning of Fab and Fancy!
- On November 6, 2009 airing, this episode was paired with "Blackened Sponge."
- This episode's title is a pun on "television."
- When Squidward takes the remote it has a red button however in the next scene the red button is black.
- Even though more characters than just Squidward are rejected from his house, those characters appear on Squidward's House Party.
- When Fab and Fancy got canceled, canceled was spelled "cancelled" (with two Ls). However, in US airings, it should have been "canceled" (one L) because that is the correct American spelling.
- When Gary is first changing the channel, the couch is missing from the living room. When SpongeBob comes closer, it reappears.
- The number of teeth in Patrick's mouth varies a lot throughout this episode.
- Patrick was tied onto the camera by Squidward; when Squidward yells to Pearl, Sandy, Plankton, and Mr. Krabs, Patrick is not even by the camera.
- In one scene where Squidward says, "moron" his wrinkles are missing.