- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Mrs. Puff
- Judge 3 (video only)
- Incidental 49 (video only)
- Incidental 107 (video only)
- Incidental 64 (video only)
- Incidental 6 (video only)
- Incidental 37B (video only)
- Incidental 106 (video only)
- Doctor 2 (The Lost Mattress)
- Fish driver
- French Narrator
- Incidental 116 (heard only)
- Highway Speed Patrol
After Mr. Krabs and Plankton get involved in a chaotic car accident, a furious police officer tells them that they have to attend traffic school to start the episode.
Mr. Krabs angrily walks into Mrs. Puff's Boating School, where he intends to find the best seat. He then gets into a fight with Plankton over where to sit, which is then settled by Mrs. Puff, who then shows them a video on driving safety using a projector. The video portrays SpongeBob as the careless driver who should not be emulated. At the end of the video, SpongeBob crashes into the camera, which causes him to fly through the projector screen into Mrs. Puff, late for boating school.
SpongeBob then shows Mr. Krabs and Plankton the Good Noodle Board. Plankton claims he does not care, but he quickly changes his mind when Mr. Krabs makes a contest out of who can get more stickers.
After Plankton puts an apple on Mrs. Puff's seat, he and Mr. Krabs force-feed various fruits to Mrs. Puff in an attempt to please her. It is at this point when she realizes that they just want stars on the Good Noodle Board.
Then, they go to the testing track, where Mrs. Puff informs them they must pull forward slowly and carefully. In an effort to show off, Mr. Krabs proceeds to drive up the side of the lighthouse, and Plankton follows behind.
The two end up crashing towards the top and fall to the ground, resulting in their test failing. SpongeBob's boat then lightly taps into the others, which causes a massive explosion.
At the Bikini Bottom Hospital, Dr. Actor informs Plankton where he is. He then tells him there were complications when putting the body parts together. It is revealed that Mr. Krabs, Plankton, and SpongeBob have all been sewn together. By the end of the episode, Mr. Krabs and Plankton scream while SpongeBob laughs.
The final storyboard was completed on May 1, 2017, and was originally titled as "Teacher's Pets." After the final storyboard was completed it was confirmed by Vincent Waller a day later simply renamed as "Teacher's Pest."
There's a scene where SpongeBob runs over fake pedestrians during the last driving session.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Title card]
• Cheap and Frozen Jig 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The opening]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield [Plankton drives his tank.]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs and Plankton fight while they are driving.]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [A cop appears angrily.]
‣ Dramatic Impact (6) - Ivor Slaney [The cop sends Mr. Krabs and Plankton to the traffic school.]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs walks into boating school.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs sits on a pushpin.]
‣ Capering Clowns - Max Saunders [Mr. Krabs and Plankton fight over the desks.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 30 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry, cutie."]
• Oh My Neptune! - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff puts on brass knuckles.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 25B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Brass knuckles, huh? Respect."]
‣ Window Shopping - Peter Yorke [Mrs. Puff shows a driving safety film to Mr. Krabs and Plankton.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry, I'm late."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24C - Jeremy Wakefield ["I need to call my therapist."]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, this is so great having you in class with me, Mr. Krabs!"]
• Breathing Underwater - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs stares at the Good Noodle Board.]
• Down in Davey Jones Locker - Nicolas Carr ["I'm gonna have so many stars."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9E - Jeremy Wakefield ["Forget it, Eugene! I am going to be the star pupil!"]
‣ Clumsy C - Bernd Gesell [Mrs. Puff talks on the phone.]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton gives Mrs. Puff an apple.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs and Plankton throw fruit at Mrs. Puff.]
‣ ? [A packet of apple seeds is shown.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton plants an apple tree.]
‣ House Of Horror [#10.5] - William Merrick Farran [Mrs. Puff hits Plankton and Mr. Krabs with the apple tree.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Ahh... Beautiful stars!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 31A - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hits himself with the apple tree.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Mrs. Puff explains the importance of mirrors, while Mr. Krabs and Plankton are bullying each other.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22B - Jeremy Wakefield [Weapons fall to the ground.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 19 - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff grumbles.]
• Monster Wave WO Sax - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Mr. Krabs' and Plankton's cars slam into each other.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield [The apple falls out of Mrs. Puff's mouth.]
• Monster Wave WO Sax - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Mr. Krabs' and Plankton's cars slam into each other again.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet ["Now these are my last boats and if you wreck 'em, none of you will pass my class."]
‣ All Cars And Thames! - Ralph Dollimore [Mr. Krabs and Plankton drive wildly on the test track.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3A - Jeremy Wakefield ["That's it! You both fail!"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [An explosion is caused.]
• Soapy Organ - Hiram Titus [Plankton is in the hospital.]
‣ House Of Horror [#10.5] - William Merrick Farran [SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton are stitched together.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Squid Noir DVDs.
- The introduction video for boating is similar to the episode "Boat Smarts."
- This is the second episode to have characters fused. The first was "SquidBob TentaclePants."
- The track "House Of Horror" was also used in both of those scenes.
- This episode marks the second time Mr. Krabs is seen in Mrs. Puff's Boating School. The first was "Tutor Sauce."
- This episode marks the second appearance of the Good Noodle Board in the series. The first was in "New Student Starfish."
- This episode marks Plankton as the fourth main character to go to boating school with SpongeBob, following Patrick in "New Student Starfish," Squidward in "Boating Buddies," and Mr. Krabs in "Tutor Sauce."
- This episode marks the third appearance of the Barnacle Chips billboard, which appeared previously in "Chocolate with Nuts" and "Burst Your Bubble."
- This is the fourth episode where the title card has the episode title on a chalkboard.
- This is the fifth episode where a live-action atomic bomb explosion is shown. The first was "Dying for Pie," the second was "The Krusty Plate," the third was "Frozen Face-Off," and the fourth was "Ghoul Fools."
- Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff do not seem to recognize each other, despite meeting and falling in love in "Krusty Love" and dating for 16 years in "Whirly Brains."
- Mrs. Puff can roll when inflated.
- When Mrs. Puff hits Plankton with the tree, he points at stars over his head and says "Beautiful stars!," then SpongeBob hits himself with the tree to get the stars, but Mrs. Puff takes them. The fourth wall is broken here.
- SpongeBob is able to drive perfectly fine in this episode, despite being considered "Unteachable."
- In the French dub, this episode shares the same name with the season 9 episode "Tutor Sauce," being "Mauvaise conduite," which translates to "Bad Behavior."
- In this episode, SpongeBob's slot on the Good Noodle board has no stars, whereas he had lots of stars in "New Student Starfish."
- Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Plankton all have boatmobiles and flags that match their skin tones respectively: red, yellow and green.
- This is one of the few Boating School episodes where SpongeBob isn't the one damaging the school.
- Plankton is used as one eye of Mr. Krabs, which is a reference to "The Other Patty."
- The title is a pun on the term "Teacher's Pet."
- Kilroy can be seen on the title card.
- It would later be referenced in "The Nitwitting."
- When Mrs. Puff picks up the apple tree and whacks Plankton and Mr. Krabs, the quote she said, "You want stars? I'll give you stars!," is a reference to Jill Valentine from video game Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, when she shot and killed Nemesis.
- The ending where SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton are attached together is similar to the 1991 horror film Body Parts.
- When the apple tree grows out of Mrs. Puff's mouth, the grapefruit and the squashed apple on her desk disappear.
- In one scene, SpongeBob's eyelashes disappear.
- SpongeBob's pores are not mirrored when he is seen in Mrs. Puff's rearview mirror.
- The voices of highway speed patrol officer and Dr. Gill Gilliam are uncredited.