- Dale (normal; orange)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Duke Thomas Feathermuffin (debut)
- Debbie Rechid
- Miss Rechid
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Frankie Billy
- Monroe Timmy
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Frank (red shirt)
- Mrs. Puff
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Snail (mentioned)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Jennifer Millie
- Norma Rechid
- Ivy (gray)
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Judge (mentioned)
- Fish on Driver's Education Manual
SynopsisIt's the end of the year at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, and SpongeBob tries to give her a note. Then, after trying to avoid the note in any way, Mrs. Puff drives away and accidentally wrecks the Krusty Krab's doors when the note was in Mrs. Puff's eyes while trying to escape SpongeBob and his note. To pay off the damage she caused, Mrs. Puff works as a cashier at The Krusty Krab, while Mr. Krabs gives Squidward a summer off vacation.
SpongeBob teaches Mrs. Puff what to do, and disguises himself as a customer, Duke Thomas Feathermuffin, ordering food. He asks for beans on toast and Mrs. Puff tries to write the order in a note, but SpongeBob whispers her to tell the Duke they don't serve beans on toast. Mrs. Puff gets annoyed, but then, a real customer comes to the Krusty Krab and Mrs. Puff takes the order. SpongeBob tells her that she's doing good. She tries to give the customer a Krabby Patty, but she trips on a barrel and wrecks the Krusty Krab for a second time. Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob somehow rolled the barrel into the ceiling and both fall down on the ground. She runs away and rips SpongeBob's note.
Mrs. Puff is arrested for this. She believes that she will never see SpongeBob for a long time, but she is sent to the prison's Driver's Ed. class. At first, she is pleased to be in an easy class until she sees the teacher is SpongeBob. SpongeBob tapes the note back together and shows her the true message and it reads "Dear Mrs. Puff, I am following in your footsteps, and got a job as a Driver's Ed. teacher for the Summer ❤ SpongeBob." Mrs. Puff tries to escape, but is stopped by the policeman, and she screams in terror.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [opening at boating school]
‣ Murder in Mind [#45] - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob has a note for Mrs. Puff]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff screams]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford [Mrs. Puff crashes into the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Sting (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, no! Not again!"]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Quite a conundrum you have here."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Uh... interesting."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["You have a new coworker!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Mrs. Puff screams]
‣ Late Night Jinx - Phil Green [Mrs. Puff's filling in for Squidward]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, boy!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, it's kind of like I'm the teacher!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 1 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm gonna be teaching you now."]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mrs. Puff at the cash register]
‣ Light Conversation Harpsichord - Ron Wasserman [SpongeBob playing a role/"I think it will go smoother if you refer to him as "duke."/"The duke here is one of me regulars, and I don't need to explain what happens when you start losing your regularity, do I?"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Oh, dear. Message received, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [customer enters]
‣ Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff takes his order]
‣ ? [Mrs. Puff trips on a barrel]
‣ Proud Fanfare - David Farnon ["And the patty is unscathed!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [Mrs. Puff quits]
‣ Unknown Track 34 - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff sees the note]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff tears up the note]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff arrested]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [Mrs. Puff in jail]
‣ Happy Boy - Jack Shaindlin [traffic school]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob enters]
‣ Say it with a Smile (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Didn't you read the note, Mrs. Puff?"]
‣ Say it with a Smile (e) - Dick Stephen Walter ["... and got a job as a Driver's Ed teacher for the summer."]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Heroes of Bikini Bottom, Complete Seventh Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 18, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 5.6/10 based on 225 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.1/10 based on 136 votes.
- There are eight pineapples on the title card.
- The title card is exactly the same as "Naughty Nautical Neighbors."
- This is the only episode in season 7 in which Mrs. Puff plays a major role.
- The Chum Bucket is not seen across the street from the Krusty Krab. Instead, a paved road replaces it.
- In "Plankton's Army," Plankton's robot destroys the Krusty Krab's door. However, it isn't punished, unlike Mrs. Puff, who destroys the door by driving through it.
- When Mrs. Puff thinks Mr. Krabs is referring to a date, neither of them remember that they fell in love in "Krusty Love." She also forgot that SpongeBob works there, but it's possible that they thought to keep between themselves and as a result Mrs. Puff forgets that SpongeBob works there.
- In "Driven to Tears," SpongeBob litters and is sentenced to the BBPD (Bikini Bottom Police Department) for a really short time. Only this time, Mrs. Puff gets sentenced to jail for more than 4 and a half years.
- Mrs. Puff gets arrested for littering in this episode, but in the episodes "Squid on Strike" and "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful," Squidward only gets a ticket for littering.
- This is the second episode in which SpongeBob's perfectionist standards drive someone to quit what they are doing. The first was "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," when Plankton, disguised as Sandy, fails to place the top bun in the perfect spot as he was off each time by mere millimeters. He gives up and goes for the formula instead.
- This is the fifth episode in which Mrs. Puff goes to jail. The first was "Hall Monitor," the second was "No Free Rides," the third was "Doing Time," and the fourth was "Ditchin'."
- When SpongeBob says, "This is my register. There are many like it, but this one is mine!" it is a reference to the Rifleman's Creed of U.S.A. Marine Corps where the first lines of The Creed are "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." The Creed is also used in the movie Full Metal Jacket.
- On DVD releases, the closed captions spell Duke Thomas Feathermuffin as "Duke Thomas Féyêdêmuffin."
- When Mrs. Puff yells at SpongeBob to tell him the order, there was no bell. However, when SpongeBob tells Mrs. Puff to ring the bell, it just appeared out of nowhere.
- When Mrs. Puff got the Krabby Patty, the lettuce was on the top, however, when it was delivered to the customer, the lettuce was on the bottom.
- In the beginning of the episode, Mrs. Puff drove into the Krusty Krab and destroyed the front door and her boat. Near the end of the episode, both Mrs. Puff's boat and the front door of the Krusty Krab were somehow fixed, even though she worked for absolutely no pay.
- Mrs. Puff says that she is in jail for 2,529 days, which she claims to be almost four years. However, 2,529 days is almost seven years, not four years. In fact, it equals 6.92 years.
- SpongeBob teaches the traffic school class at the end of the episode. It is unknown how he could do this because he still hasn't got his driver's license yet.
- When Mrs. Puff inflates and bounces out of the Krusty Krab, if you look at her back, her pale front skin and her brown back skin with some short hairs on it are swapped.