"Suction Cup Symphony" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 6. In this episode, Squidward tries to write a symphony, but is constantly irritated over the noise of SpongeBob investigating Patrick's broken bottom.
- Squidward Tentacles
- Daydream Squidward
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mario (mentioned)
- Construction foreman
- Short construction worker
- Human crowd
- Incidental 37A
- Daydream Incidental 37A
- Incidental 27
- Daydream Incidental 27
- Incidental 40
- Daydream Incidental 40
- Incidental 85
- Daydream Incidental 85
- Incidental 41
- Daydream Incidental 41
- Incidental 49
- Daydream Incidental 49
- Incidental 6
- Daydream Incidental 6
- Daydream Incidental 151
- Incidental 108
- Daydream Incidental 108
- Incidental 63
- Daydream Incidental 63
- Daydream Incidental 65
- Daydream Incidental 22
- Daydream Incidental 18
- Incidental 8
- Daydream Incidental 8
- Scooter (purple)
- Daydream Scooter
- Incidental 73
- Daydream Incidental 73
- Daydream Incidental 103
- Daydream Anchovy
- Daydream Sandals
- Daydream Incidental 150
- Incidental 31
- Daydream Incidental 31
- Incidental 92
- Daydream Incidental 92
- Incidental 37B
- Daydream Incidental 37B
- Incidental 4
- Daydream Incidental 4
- Daydream Incidental 10
- Incidental 105
- Daydream Incidental 105
- Daydream Fred
- Daydream Incidental 36
- Daydream Incidental 3
- Incidental 9
- Daydream Incidental 9
- Incidental 5
- Daydream Incidental 5
- Incidental 68
- Daydream Incidental 68
- Incidental 7
- Daydream Incidental 7
- Incidental 60
- Daydream Incidental 60
- Daydream Incidental 17
- Incidental 45
- Daydream Incidental 45
- Daydream Incidental 106
- Incidental 46
- Daydream Incidental 46
- Incidental 67
- Daydream Incidental 67
- Incidental 47
- Daydream Incidental 47
- Daydream Incidental 104
- Daydream Incidental 14
- Incidental 42
- Daydream Incidental 42
- Daydream Incidental 107
- Incidental 91
- Old Man Walker
- Daydream Old Man Walker
- Daydream Incidental 12
- Daydream Incidental 2
- Incidental 20
- Daydream Incidental 20
- Patrick Star
- Patrick's skeleton
- Maestro (debut)
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 155
- Realistic Fish Head
- Incidental 64
- Incidental K1's mother
- Incidental 16
- Incidental F18
- Incidental 95
- Judge 1
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 93
One average day in Bikini Bottom, Squidward is playing his clarinet when SpongeBob goes outside to do some gardening. He thinks that Squidward went to an Italian restaurant called Mario's. Suddenly, SpongeBob notices two construction workers putting up a billboard. Thinking Squidward's music is flatulence, SpongeBob becomes noisy to cover it up until Squidward alerts him to stop. Getting mad at the billboard workers, he then discovers the Bikini Bottom Symphony Orchestra is holding a competition for an original score.
Meanwhile, Patrick accidentally breaks his buttocks and SpongeBob decides that he would see a doctor but he does not having health insurance, so he decides to bring the doctor to Patrick by acting as his doctor. Squidward tries not to get distracted by SpongeBob's home doctoring. After turning in his score, he finds that he wrote down all of SpongeBob's doctoring. When it is Squidward's time to perform, he finds SpongeBob squeezing a rubber duck and Patrick going "Woo!" while SpongeBob is on a seat, bashing Patrick's brain, causing a flatulence noise and making his eyes pop out. All while Squidward is conducting the orchestra and barely paying attention to his conducting, due to SpongeBob and Patrick distracting him with their odd procedures to each other.
The audience gives a round of applause to Squidward, who is happy. SpongeBob says to make sure Squidward does not get a "swelled head." The camera cuts to only Squidward, whose head inflates due to Patrick squeezing the pump of the blood pressure, and the screen cuts to black, ending the episode with the sound of an explosion.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Magpie Clarinet - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Dramatic Impact (3) - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob notices the construction workers]
‣ ? ["I'll cover for him."]
• Magpie Clarinet - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["SpongeBob, can you keep it down?"]
‣ Playful Bridge 5 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Original compositions wanted?"]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [Squidward imagines himself in a limo]
‣ Piano Concerto No. 1 - Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky [Squidward conducting]
• Steel Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward melts]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs outside and kisses construction workers]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward puts his game face on]
‣ Dramatic Impact (6) - Ivor Slaney ["Due tomorrow?!"]
‣ Drama Link (G) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Don't worry, Squidward, we'll do it together."]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick broke his butt]
‣ Monocle And Pocket-Watch - Brian Gulland [SpongeBob taking Patrick's blood pressure]
• Mailbox Tension Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Come on... be inspired."]
‣ Wild Eyes - Ronald Hanmer [brainstorm]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [rainbow appears]
‣ Piano Concerto No. 1 - Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky [Squidward starts writing/Squidward continues writing]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [rainbow melts]
• Goofy Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob doing tests on Patrick]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Squidward still writing]
• Steel Licks 24 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's finished]
‣ Film Fanfare (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["I did it! I did it! I did it!..."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [conductor looking at sheet music]
• Credit Card Heaven - Nicolas Carr [choir]
• ? - Nicolas Carr
• The Suction Cup Symphony - Gary Stockdale
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill [Squidward starts to walk away]
‣ Take A Bow 1 - David Lindup [everyone cheers]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Spongicus, Season 6 Volume 1, Fine Arts Collection, Mighty Sporting of You, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, The Fifth & Sixth Seasons, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Kids Double Pack: Volume 6, 3 DVD Value Pack Volume 2, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Time Travel, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, Complete Sixth Season, SpongeBob Pack: Volume 1, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was originally titled "Underwater Boogaloo."
- This episode was paired up with "SpongeHenge" during its first airing in the Gimme 5 event, but has since been re-airing with "Spongicus."
- This is the second episode in which Mario is mentioned. The first was "The Bully."
- This is the second episode in which Squidward is seen conducting a band. The first was "Band Geeks."
- In "Suds" and "The Splinter," Patrick impersonates a doctor and treats SpongeBob. This time, the tables are turned: SpongeBob pretends to be a doctor and treats Patrick.
- The fish playing the piano in this episode is the same one that SpongeBob sits next to at Reef Cinema in "Something Smells."
- This is the first episode to play the track "Film Fanfare (a)" since "The Secret Box" in season 2.
- This episode premiered on Eddie Deezen's 51st birthday.
- In Poland, the explosion sound at the end is cut from Nickelodeon airings, but left intact on PULS 2 airings.
- In recent airings when the episode ends with a popping sound from Squidward's forehead was cut by mistake. But in the DVD and Digital releases, the ending was left intact.
- However, in Nicktoons airings, the popping sound is also left intact.
- In the Welsh dub, this episode is called "Simffoni'r Sugnwr", which translates to "Symphony Sucker."
- This is the first episode where the track "Monocle and Pocket-Watch" plays.
- When Squidward finally finishes writing his song, he has that same look on his face that he has in "Squid's Day Off" when he locks himself inside his house.
- However, sand is added to his eyes in this episode.
- The machine that Patrick is in looks exactly like the laughing machine SpongeBob dreams about in "Funny Pants."
- The storm in Squidward's brain is similar to the one in "Breath of Fresh Squidward."
- Along with its sister episode "Spongicus," there is no year or copyright information anywhere in the end credits.
- When Squidward drops SpongeBob and Patrick out of the window, SpongeBob's freckles are missing.
- In the first close-up shot of SpongeBob squeezing the rubber duck next to Patrick on stage, his arm is limp with his hand facing toward the ground, but in the next shot, his hand is pressing up against his side with his arm in a 'V' position.
- All the musicians still continued playing their instruments after the music ends.
- In some of the wider shots of the orchestra, Richard A. Bottomfeeder is seen with a yellow body and blue hair instead of a green body and black hair.
- The first and third time Squidward attempts to recollect his rainbow the red hue on Squid's hand is slightly different than the other parts of the rainbow.
- ^ Airdate confirmed on Apple TV
- ^ https://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/102081-Suction-Cup-Symphony
- ^ https://nickstory.fandom.com/wiki/March_6,_2008