"Stuck on the Roof" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 11. In this episode, SpongeBob is afraid to get off the roof of the Krusty Krab, but he won't let that stop him from living his life.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Umpire (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Jellyfish (cameo)
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab, where SpongeBob is seen listening to the radio and dancing while making Krabby Patties. Due to a mishap, one of the Krabby Patties ends up getting stuck in the chimney, causing the restaurant to be backed up with smoke. Mr. Krabs orders SpongeBob to go on the roof of the Krusty Krab to retrieve the Krabby Patty. SpongeBob retrieves the Patty, but as he is about to walk back down the ladder, he slips on a splatter of ketchup. SpongeBob is unable to save the Krabby Patty as it splats on the ground and covers nearby people in ketchup. Mr. Krabs orders SpongeBob to climb back down, but not wanting to suffer the same fate as the Krabby Patty, SpongeBob develops a fear of heights and refuses to come back down. Sandy approaches them and offers to get SpongeBob down using her extendo-boots, but the boots end up going haywire, extending her legs all the way up to the surface of the ocean. Sandy wobbles around and accidentally kicks Squidward, who explodes in the distance. Patrick climbs up on the roof and attempts to help SpongeBob out, but he ends up falling off the roof and faceplants into the ground.
Later that night, SpongeBob laments on how he misses spending time with his friends. Although, he is able to see through Squidward's window, notices that Squidward is eating all by himself, and decides to lend a helping hand, quite literally. SpongeBob brings out a flashlight so he can use his hand's shadow to date Squidward, but this backfires when Squidward starts freaking out and flees his house. SpongeBob then notices a bunch of construction supplies in the trash behind the Krusty Krab, and makes himself a bed out of wood. However, SpongeBob has difficulties sleeping that night. The next morning, Mr. Krabs approaches an exhausted SpongeBob and claims that he has a workaround for SpongeBob's roof problem. He has Squidward hoist the grill up to the roof so that SpongeBob can still cook even if he cannot get back down. SpongeBob is happy to see his grill, but claims that something is still missing. SpongeBob decides to build himself an entire kitchen on the roof using the tools he found the previous night. Later that day, SpongeBob has Krabby Patties prepared, but cannot serve them due to being stuck up on the roof.
He then gets the idea to use napkins to parachute the Krabby Patties down to the customers, but the customers complain that the Krabby Patties are cold, and think that if they go up onto the roof, they will get the Krabby Patties fresh. In the next scene, we see that SpongeBob has built an entire dining room on top of the roof, much to Mr. Krabs' delight. Squidward is shown to be inside the Krusty Krab, and has decorated it to his liking, happy that he will not have to be bothered by anyone. Suddenly, rainclouds form in the sky, and a thunder storm reigns terror on the customers. Many people are blown off of the roof, including Patrick, who faceplants again. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to do something, and SpongeBob builds another Krusty Krab on top of the old one. However, the customers are now bored from being inside and are about to leave, but SpongeBob stops them. He starts playing the same music that he played in the beginning of the episode, and everyone, including Mr. Krabs, starts dancing to it. Outside, we see that the rain is causing the ground to become muddy, sinking the bottom Krusty Krab underground, and sinking the top Krusty Krab to ground level. SpongeBob is happy that they are not on the roof anymore and makes a joke, causing everyone to laugh. Squidward is still trapped underground and the bottom Krusty Krab floods with dirt, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert White [Title card.]
‣ Boom Addict - Paul Smith, Jason Greenhalgh, Femi Olasehinde [Extreme Music] [Music on the radio while SpongeBob's cooking.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty gets sucked through the chimney.]
• Humorous Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward's face ripped off.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [The Krusty Krab fills with smoke.]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob climbs to the roof to retrieve the Krabby Patty.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty slips out of SpongeBob's hand.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Krabby Patty falls to the ground.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob's afraid to go down the ladder.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy uses her Extend-O-Boots to try to get SpongeBob off the roof.]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Patrick tries to get SpongeBob off the roof.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just can't do it. It's too far down!"]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger ["Your old pal Patrick has another plan to get you off this roof."]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick falls from the roof to the ground.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob panics.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers walk away.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, it's not so bad up here, pretty great really."]
• ? [Squidward having dinner alone.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward screams as he sees the silhouette.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tries to go to sleep.]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees some tools.]
• A Pineapple Luau with Bongos - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob makes a bed for himself.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shivering.]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr ["Yoo-hoo, SpongeBob! Time to wake up!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 38 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward raising the grill towards the roof.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hugs the grill.]
• Unknown Track 38 - Nicolas Carr ["I thought I'd never see you again!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Something still doesn't feel right, though..."]
• 12th Street Rag with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob builds a kitchen for himself.]
• Cheap and Frozen Jig 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Just like my old kitchen!"]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Oh yeah, I'm stuck up on this roof.]
• Got It - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sees a piece of paper.]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Raining Krabby Patties.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [Customers climb to the roof.]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers eating on the roof.]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey ["Finally, this place has some class."]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ten more patties, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Walter [Storm ruins everything.]
‣ Up She Rises - Sam Spence [SpongeBob builds another Krusty Krab on top of the roof.]
• Cheap and Frozen Jig 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["It's beautiful, bo-yo!"]
‣ Boom Addict - Paul Smith, Jason Greenhalgh, Femi Olasehinde [Extreme Music] [SpongeBob, Krabs, and customers dancing.]
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hooray! We're not on the roof anymore!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 27 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Stuck on the Roof DVDs.
- On the title card, the Krusty Krab is missing the chimney and antenna it has on its roof.
- SpongeBob is seen wiggling his butt in a similar fashion to how he danced in "Pizza Delivery."
- He also serves the patties on his butt the same way he does in "I ♥ Dancing."
- It is revealed in this episode that SpongeBob has acrophobia, which is a fear of heights.
- The Extend-O-Boots that Sandy made will also reappear in the upcoming 2021 video game Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.
- Squidward's explosion is the same explosion as the one he made in "Jellyfishing" and "My Pretty Seahorse."
- Fred breaks the fourth wall by questioning the possibility of having rain underwater. Patrick does the same thing about fire in "Life of Crime."
- Squidward's statue from "Are You Happy Now?" can be seen when he tries to leave the Krusty Krab when it is buried underground. However, it was destroyed in that episode.
- This is the first and currently the only episode where "The Rake Hornpipe" is used as the title card music.
- This is the second episode in the series where SpongeBob is shown to have a storage case for the Krabby Patty ingredients in his pants. The first was "The Splinter."
- The scene where SpongeBob hallucinates himself falling from the roof is a reference to the dream sequence in Alfred Hitchcock's 1958 psychological thriller film Vertigo.
- In every shot where SpongeBob is on the Krusty Krab's roof, the antenna on the roof disappears.
- In one shot, the chimney on the roof is in place of where the antenna would be.
- When SpongeBob catches a Krabby Patty on the roof, the initial crowd reaction shot shows Mr. Krabs with Incidental 5 behind him, by the time when the Krabby Patty fell down the ground and SpongeBob fails to catch it, Incidental 5 disappears from the crowd.
- When SpongeBob is comforting Squidward with the torch, the Krusty Krab seems to be located opposite SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward's house.