This article is in need of one or more better quality images. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better image or editing the current image.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode begins with SpongeBob taking a morning shower. When he gets out, he dries himself off in his wringer. As he starts to walk out of his bathroom, he nearly slips on a bar of soap. He is so proud of himself for avoiding a potential injury, that he fails to notice that a rubber duck has flown into his bathroom through his window. He steps the duck, then slips back onto the bar of soap, and finally and unfortunately gets stuck in his wringer.
At this point, Patrick enters the bathroom and asks SpongeBob if he has seen his rubber duck. SpongeBob points out the duck that he tripped over, which is still on his floor. Patrick runs over to it, exclaiming "Ducky! I found you!" SpongeBob regretfully interrupts the reunion after a bit, telling Patrick that he needs help. He begins to explain that he is stuck in his wringer, but Patrick interrupts before he can finish, saying he knows how to help SpongeBob. However, the problem only gets worse when Patrick, misunderstands the situation and uses Forever Glue to permanently trap SpongeBob inside it.
SpongeBob is a bit upset, but tries to go about his usual day, but, being stuck in the wringer causes some unforeseen problems. SpongeBob causes chaos at the Krusty Krab and gets kicked out of work because he put Mr. Krabs' money in danger. Patrick meets him outside and asks how his day is going. SpongeBob admits that he's having some trouble, so Patrick decides to take SpongeBob to Super Weenie Hut Juniors for some ice cream to cheer him up. SpongeBob becomes even sadder when he discovers that the wringer prevents his digestive system from consuming the ice cream.
Patrick suggests that they go to the carnival. Carnival games prove impossible for SpongeBob, but Patrick has lots of fun. Patrick's good luck annoys SpongeBob, which finally causes him to lose his temper and scream at Patrick for ruining his life, stating that he wouldn't be stuck in the wringer had it not been for the Forever Glue. Patrick admits he was only trying to help, but SpongeBob furiously lashes out by saying that he's helped quite enough today. Patrick runs off crying as a result. The other fish at the carnival are disgusted by SpongeBob's outburst (they seem to know that while Patrick had not helped him one bit, he had at least tried, despite his stupidity), and Sandals tells him that he deserved what he got, sending him into depression.The next morning, Patrick tries to ignore the fact that all of the things he usually does involve SpongeBob, and keeps telling himself that he's not supposed to care about him anymore. Patrick finds that forgetting about his best friend is impossible and enters SpongeBob's house by breaking down the door while yelling, "I'm coming buddy!" Inside, he finds a depressed and slightly crazed SpongeBob watching TV static. Horrified by this, and blaming himself for SpongeBob's problem, Patrick cries. His tears splash on the glue and melt some of it. Upon realizing this, SpongeBob suggests that they both cry so he might be able to slip out of the wringer.
Both of them proceed to do so, which melts the glue and allows SpongeBob to be free of the wringer. SpongeBob and Patrick hug when the former tosses the wringer into the air. When it comes back down, it lands around the two, leaving them stuck in the wringer together. This causes another conflict, but SpongeBob doesn't worry because he is at least stuck with his best friend. The episode ends with Patrick asking if he should use the Forever Glue again.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Unknown Track 53 - Ron Wasserman [SpongeBob loses soap bar]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Good thing I have a spare."]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob slips on the soap]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Not gonna fool me this time, soap."]
‣ Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [SpongeBob steps on a rubber duck]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets stuck in the wringer]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to get out]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, SpongeBob, have you seen my rubber ducky?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick glues SpongeBob to the wringer]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Now I'm stuck... forever?!"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick, I wanted to get unstuck, not more stuck!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ High Black Shoes - Tom Hedden ["Okay, you know what, SquarePants? That's quitter talk."]
‣ Steel Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob falls down the stairs]
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward laughs]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell ["Hey, SpongeBob, love the outfit."]
‣ Unknown Track 98 - Rimshot
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell ["Hardware store! No, from my bathroom."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob accidentally squirts mustard in Squidward's eyes]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Squidward!"]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob causes chaos]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [money all over the floor]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["I think you've helped quite enough today."/Krabs kicks SpongeBob out]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Oh, an absolute disaster. I can't do anything without this stupid wringer getting in the way."]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["A sad, sad, sad, sad little bike rack."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob crying]
‣ Ulkereien - Gerhard Trede [Super Weenie Hut Jr.'s]
‣ Old Comrades - Andrew Pilmer [carnival ball toss]
‣ Wien Bleibt Wien - Andrew Pilmer [SpongeBob gets a black eye]
‣ Over the Waves - Andrew Pilmer ["Hey, pal, want some of my cotton candy?"]
‣ Melodrama - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patrick runs away crying]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr ["It's your heart."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["You deserve what you've gotten."]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [Patrick brushing his teeth]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["I know!"]
‣ Unknown Track 29 - staring contest
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [tumbleweed blows by]
‣ Jalopy - Ron Aspery [playing fetch]
‣ Horror House of Wax Retro 2 - Nicolas Carr, Ron Wasserman ["Buddy!"]
‣ Death Clock C - Dick de Benedictis [SpongeBob watching static on TV]
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - George Wilson ["I can't hear you with all the lonely voices in my head."]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The plot could have been avoided had someone taken SpongeBob to the hospital to take medical action against the wringer.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Super Weenie Hut Juniors. The first is "No Weenies Allowed," but this episode reveals its interior.
- The background music that plays when SpongeBob and Patrick are at Super Weenie Hut Juniors is the same as the title card music for "No Weenies Allowed."
- This episode plays that music for the first time in five years ("The Sponge Who Could Fly" marked its latest usage).
- The title card is written in Forever Glue and displays the wallpaper of SpongeBob's bathroom as the background.
- When SpongeBob takes off the wringer, it shaves his 5:00 shadow.
- Also, after SpongeBob tries to get out of the wringer a second time, there are red veins visible for a split second.
- This episode marks the fourth appearance of SpongeBob's wringer. The previous appearances are "Suds," "Blackened Sponge," and "Truth or Square," respectively.
- Just like in "Dumped," when Patrick brushes his teeth he also brushes his body.
- This episode marks the second time that bodily fluids dissolve something seemingly permanent. The first is "Wet Painters" when the permanent paint is dissolved by saliva. In this episode, the Forever Glue dissolved by water.
- Fred says "My foot!" when a cash register falls on his foot, which is a reference to the "My leg!" gag.
- SpongeBob breaks the fourth wall when he says, "I guess crying does solve your problems after all," by facing toward the audience.
- At the end of the episode, Patrick asks SpongeBob if he should use the Forever Glue again. Technically, this would be a bad idea, but they can simply cry again to remove the wringer.
- Forever Glue is a parody of Super Glue.
- There is more than one Tom when SpongeBob is mad at Patrick at the carnival.
- When Patrick jumps off his rock, the soap on his body disappears when he touches the ground.
- After SpongeBob slips on the soap, it zooms out and the soap is missing.
- Patrick only put glue on one side of the wringer, but throughout the episode, it is on both sides.
- The part of the handle that SpongeBob didn't break off with his tongue is missing after Patrick breaks the wringer off from the floor.
- The worker's hat at the ball toss is temporarily missing.
- When SpongeBob flies toward the wringer, he is facing the sky, but when he gets stuck, he is facing the ground.
- After SpongeBob says "...sad little bike rack," his tie appears over the top of the wringer instead of being under it.