- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Drizzle (debut)
- Drizzle's parents (debut)
- Drizzle Jr. (debut)
- Gale Doppler (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
A small storm cloud gets separated from his parents while SpongeBob is watching Gale Doppler announce the weather. He sees that it's raining outside and asks himself why it's raining if Gale Doppler said it would be sunny skies. The rain turns out to be from the baby storm cloud, so SpongeBob decides to take him under his wing. He names the cloud Drizzle and the two start doing many activities together.
One day, he ties Drizzle onto a fence and tells him he can't go inside the house until he's housebroken, due to Gary not being fond of him. While he brings him his food, the cloud escapes and starts causing havoc on Bikini Bottom. Gale Doppler notices this and tries to suck up Drizzle so his prediction about the weather can stay true.
SpongeBob goes looking for Drizzle and eventually finds him. He thanks Gale Doppler for finding him but he says he needs to suck up the cloud as it is a danger to the public, so the two use leaf blowers to get Drizzle. SpongeBob has a kid handle the leaf blower, allowing him to grab the cloud. While he's escaping, Drizzle gets pulled in by Gale Doppler using a large reef blower attached to a construction machine.
He begs him to let go of Drizzle, while crying out tears that make Drizzle bigger. The skies turn grey and Drizzle goes inside Gale Doppler's body, turning him into a storm cloud. He likes this as first, but realizes the damages caused to him and wants to go back to normal. He eventually hits the parent clouds of Drizzle, who make him come out of Gale. He asks about the clouds, but they blow him into the dehumidifier he was going to use on Drizzle and explodes. The cloud family leaves, but Drizzle gives off a smaller cloud for SpongeBob to keep.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Bridge 3 - Wilfred Burns [Little cloud starts crying]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Gale Doppler tells it's gonna be sunny skies for the rest of the week]
‣ Surf Pirates - David Arkenstone ["This is Gale Doppler, and I broadcast the forecast that's never wrong!"]
‣ A Haunting We Will Go - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob gets tangled up in the treadmill]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer ["Hah! Sunny skies all week? Hot diggity!"]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob discovers the little cloud crying outside his house]
‣ Sleepy Bells - Glyn Owen [SpongeBob takes hot steam for the little cloud]
‣ Hunt the Thimble - Bruce Campbell [Little cloud slurps down the hot steam]
‣ Kids Story - Sean Elder ["Well, okay, I don't see any clouds, so I'm just gonna take a walk."]
‣ Hunt the Thimble - Bruce Campbell [SpongeBob walks away and the little cloud follows him]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob names the little cloud Drizzle]
‣ Debutante Waltz - Gerhard Groitzsch [Drizzle forming shapes for SpongeBob]
‣ Jaunty Whistle - François Delfin, Stephane Huguenin [SpongeBob taking Drizzle for a walk]
‣ Bumbling B - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob leaves Drizzle tied to a pole outside his house]
‣ Careless March - Marc Dall'Anese [Drizzle flies away]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["Ah! Drizzle!"]
‣ Editor's Run Down (a) - Dick Walter ["Yow! Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!"]
‣ Lonely Violin - Dick Walter ["Where art thou, Drizzle? Oh, what unfortunate forecast be this?"]
‣ Careless March - Marc Dall'Anese [Drizzle disturbing everyone in Bikini Bottom]
‣ Surfmania - Eric Spencer [Gale Doppler attacked by a worm and a snail]
‣ Careless March - Marc Dall'Anese [Drizzle zapping everyone with lightning bolts]
‣ Agent X - Stephen Duro ["I see the trouble now, folks. That is what they call an unpredictable storm front."]
‣ Wait for It - Van Phillips ["I'm gonna suck him right out of the sky to save my reputation, after these messages."]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones ["Drizzle!"]
‣ Panic Patrol - Kenny Graham [Drizzle trying to hide from Gale Doppler]
‣ Definitive Sixties - Georges Bodossian, Catherine Lambert ["I got him! Naughty nimbus, nobody messes with my flawless forecasts."]
‣ Here We Go - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob still looking for Drizzle]
‣ ? [SpongeBob screams surprised]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet ["Gale Doppler! You're my favorite well-eyed weather man!"]
‣ Crazy People A - Laurent Dury ["And I'm sending him straight to cloud heaven."]
‣ Life on the Wild Side - Sam Spence ["I'm Gale Doppler, and I control the weather."]
‣ Western Frontier (a) - Jody Karl Jenkins ["You're not the only one who knows how to use a leaf blower, sucker."]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Gale Doppler trying to suck up Drizzle with the leaf blowers]
‣ ? [SpongeBob with sunglasses]
‣ Hit and Run - Ralph Dollimore [SpongeBob and Drizzle escape flying with the leaf blower]
‣ Killer on the Run A - Gregor Narholz [Drizzle being sucked by a big leaf blow attached to a construction machine]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob comes out of the mailbox]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob coughs up a package]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece C - Gregor Narholz [Drizzle still being sucked up in the machine]
‣ Falling Steps - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob runs over to Gale Doppler]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Don't send Drizzle to cloud heaven."]
‣ Falling Steps - Fredric Bayco ["Phew, that's a relief."]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece E - Gregor Narholz [Gale Doppler is gonna drop Drizzle into the dehumidifier]
‣ Comedy Punctuations and Bridges 4 - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob hops onto Gale Doppler's head]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["Drizzle's a good cloud! He doesn't deserve to dissolve!"]
‣ Fury - Austin Rayner [SpongeBob's tears fall onto Drizzle, making him a gigantic storm cloud]
‣ The Great White - Gregor Narholz [Gale Doppler floating as a cloud]
‣ Final Fate - Max Saunders [Gale Doppler making wind and snow through Bikini Bottom]
‣ ? [Wind blows SpongeBob into the sky and lands on a cloud]
‣ Neutral Mood - Simon May ["Huh? Oh, no! Not more storm clouds!"]
‣ Old Hilo March - Kapono Beamer [Drizzle reunites with his parents]
‣ Hula Guitars OL - Eric Spencer [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 DVD.
- This episode was paired up with "King Plankton" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Plankton's Old Chum."
- After the premiere "Plankton's Old Chum" and "The Hankering" an image of this episode was used instead of these episodes.
- This episode, along with "King Plankton," preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon animated series Lego City Adventures.
- SpongeBob's pink shower cap from "Cave Dwelling Sponge" returns in this episode.
- This is the first episode to use the track "Lonely Violin" since "Friend or Foe."
- This is also the first episode to use the track "Stack of Leis" since "Wigstruck." However, only the very end part of that track can be heard briefly after "On the Beach" ends.
- This is the twelfth episode that revolves around SpongeBob befriending some sort of wild animal-like creature. The other eleven are "Jellyfish Jam," "Wormy," "My Pretty Seahorse," "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve," "Pet or Pests" "A Pal For Gary," "Sanctuary!," "House Worming," "The Clam Whisperer," "Bunny Hunt," and "Don't Feed the Clowns."
- SpongeBob says, "Where art thou, Drizzle?," is a reference to the quote, "Where art thou, Romeo?" from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.
- In the French dub, Vincent Waller is misspelled as "Vincent Wailer" during the opening credits.
- When SpongeBob says, "SpongeBob knows just what a growing storm cloud needs," his white teeth turn yellow for a frame.
- Rodger Bumpass is credited as Squidward. However, Squidward does not appear in this episode.