Brief summary: Squidward's old classmate, Squilliam, comes for a visit to Bikini Bottom. Squidward lies to him, saying that he owns a five-star restaurant. But then Squilliam says that he'll visit his restaurant, leading to disaster. Then Squilliam discovers Squidward is a cashier.
- 9:40 p.m.: Squidward gives SpongeBob the Book "How to become a fancy waiter in less than 20 minutes"
- 9:45 p.m.:Sqidward goes into the kitchen
- 10:00 p.m.: Squilliam arrives
- 10:04 p.m.: The Appetizer rises and tries to eat everyone!
Time cards shown: None
- Squidward Tentacles
- Squilliam Fancyson
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Crowd with Squilliam
- The Appetizer
- Sponges in SpongeBob's brain
- Band at dinner
Squidward is looking at his watch, counting down to his lunch break. When at last it comes, he walks outside to get some fresh air. He sees Squilliam, his old classmate that succeeded in everything he failed in. Squidward says, " Oh No ", and quickly hides his Krusty Krab uniform, and tells him that he owns a five-star restaurant. Squilliam says that he will visit that night, and Squidward is shocked. He never expected this, and begs to Mr. Krabs that he can take over the Krusty Krab for a day. Once he tells Mr. Krabs that Squilliam's coming, he accepts because he knows Sqilliam as money.
Patrick, who says that he thought the corps would help him get his life straightened, is going to collect the hats, SpongeBob, who doesn't yet know how to go to tables and take orders, is the waiter and Mr. Krabs, who says he once served on the S.S Gourmet, is the chef. However, things are not going well. There is only twenty minutes until Squilliam is going to arrive, and everyone isn't co-operating. Patrick is beating up the hat rack because it won't give him it's hat. Mr. Krabs cooks extremely terrible food and says that he worked as a janitor on the Gourmet and was the head chef on the S.S Diarrhea. And SpongeBob can't handle the 'How to be a waiter in less than twenty minutes' book that Squidward gave him. Squidward tells him to clear his mind of everything that doesn't have to do with fine dining and breathing. SpongeBob's mind is portrayed by offices, operated by little SpongeBobs. Their boss tells them to dump everything that doesn't have to do with fine dining and breathing until further notice. They shred heaps and heaps of documents, until SpongeBob just stares into empty space and doesn't respond to anything. Squidward runs outside and bumps into Squilliam, who is just about to enter. They both go inside, and they see the Krusty Krab has been transformed into a five-star restaurant. After sending all the customers to their tables SpongeBob tells Squidward that he did all of this, and he has tied up Patrick and Mr. Krabs (who are in the kitchen). After the visit, Squilliam asks SpongeBob what his name is, but he has diffriculties remembering his name. Inside his mind, all of the little SpongeBobs are trying to find out his name, but it just results in his brain snapping in half. SpongeBob immediately goes crazy, and Squilliam finds out that Squidward's actually a cashier. Squilliam "admits" that he's also a cashier too. However, he reveals that he was just kidding and that he's still "filthy, stinkin' rich". So he and his crowd leave the restaurant to ride in his "balloon/casino", leaving Squidward dejected and defeated once again.
- The scence where Mr.Krabs creates a genetic monster Appetizer is a homage to Jurassic Park, where scientists re-create the
dinosaurs by taking DNA from mosquitoes that they drank on. However, they realize this is a very major mistake, as they must face the giant carnivores that are hunting and killing people Also, the scence where Patrick and Mr.Krabs run out of the kichen from the monster Appetizer is a parody of Jurassic Park, where Tim and Lex Murphy run from a Velociraptor in the Isla Nublar Visitor Center kitchen.
- The Appetizer could also be a parody of The Thing, which is an alien from the 1983 film The Thing.
- Mr Krabs plays the World's Smallest Violin like Mr Pink in Reservoir Dogs (except Mr Krabs actually has one!)
- How can SpongeBob not know how to be a waiter if he acted like one in Culture Shock to a customer?
- SpongeBob's brain does not seem to contain Plankton's device as seen in Plankton!, most likely because SpongeBob removed it from his brain or the brain-cells that resemble him have worked to take it off.
- Patrick was wearing an army helmet when he first appeared at the Krusty Krab, but by the scene where he was practicing to taking a person's hat, the helmet disappeared.
- Patrick is shown to be a weenie for the second time, the first is in Weenie Hut Juniors. Patrick is a weenie!
- Squilliam has outshined Squidward by doing nothing in this episode.
- When Squilliam and his friends enter, the day is now evening, however, after the camera pulls at the end, it is afternoon.
- This is the second time a bad word is heard; the first was in Sailor Mouth.
- The Appetizer has destroyed the doors, yet they still become fixed at the camera pulling at the end.
- Why is Mr. Krabs now in uniform playing his violin when he was all tied up in rope?
- This is the second Squidward Vs. Squilliam episode, the first was Band Geeks and the third was House Fancy.
- The Appetizer's fate is unknown after Squilliam Returns, although it is possible that it is no longer alive.
- This was Squilliam's last appearance before the movie. Many SpongeBob fans decided he was been permanently axed from the
TV Series. However, six years later, extremely surprisingly, he returned in Season Six's House Fancy!
- The world's smallest violin changes sizes during the episode.
- When Squilliam arrives at Squidward's "five-star restaurant", it is nighttime. But, at the end of the episode, after Squidward says, "Would you get out of here?!", it is daytime. It was an animation error.
- When Squilliam lies about being a cashier to Squidward, Mr. Krabs is playing the world's smallest violin, but his eyes are white instead of pale green.
- Before Squilliam enters the restaurant, it still shows the window, however, as soon as he enters, there is wallpaper rather than windows.
- When Squidward asks what SpongeBob did with Patrick and Mr. Krabs and they are revealed to be tied up in the back room, Mr. Krabs' legs aren't tied together but later in the episode when he bursts out of the kitchen running from the "appetizer", his legs are tied and he is forced to hop.
- Squilliam had his longest disappearance after this episode for four seasons and five years.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|