The entirety of Squidward's work consists of self portraits created with a variety of mediums and artistic styles, from realistic to wildly abstract. The numerous works of Squidward's visage are hung in his red-walled studio.
- One of Squidward's self-portraits is a painting of a clown.
- They seem to change locations in different episodes. In "Opposite Day" and "Squid's Visit," they are located upstairs. In "Not Normal," they are located downstairs in the living room.
- In the episode "Squid's Visit," SpongeBob manages to copy Squidward's entire wall of self-portraits. Squidward admits that they are even better than his.
- "Squid's Visit" is the only episode that has a screenshot of over one-hundred paintings.
- One of Squidward's paintings resembles one of Picasso's paintings.
- There is a portrait of Squidward featured in the game SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis, which resembles one of Van Gogh's self-portraits.
- The last reported number of self-portraits that Squidward has is 492.