- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Duck (mentioned)
- Hermit crab (mentioned)
- Sea lions (mentioned)
- Sharks (mentioned)
- Minnows (mentioned)
- Mini Squidward (debut)
- Jellyfish (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 73
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 63
- Milo J. Finkerfish (single appearence)
- Mini SpongeBob (debut)
As the episode begins, SpongeBob repeatedly annoys Squidward by asking him if he wants to play, but every time Squidward refuses, SpongeBob thinks he wants to play later. After SpongeBob asks Squidward to play a numerous number of games with him, Squidward loses his temper and yells at SpongeBob that he will never play with him ever. After throwing him down a hole and covering it with his fridge, SpongeBob then gets an idea that if he cannot play with Squidward, he will make one of his own.
He runs to his house and creates a wooden, mini version of Squidward, and calls him "Mini Squid." After hearing that Mini Squid will be playing with SpongeBob if Squidward does not want to, Squidward becomes incredibly enlightened. While SpongeBob and Mini Squid play charades, Patrick walks by and thinks that Mini Squid is Squidward and also thinks he has gotten smaller and shaved his beard, even though Squidward does not have a beard, confusing SpongeBob and Mini Squid.
At the Krusty Krab, Squidward tells a joke to two customers, but they do not laugh because of his mood while telling the joke. As SpongeBob and Mini Squid come in, the two customers start to favor him. Squidward takes a customer's order, but he doesn't like his attitude. Mini Squid takes Squidward's job as cashier and takes the customer's order, and the customer likes his attitude. SpongeBob cooks the patties and Mini Squid delivers them to the customers. He tells Squidward's joke to the customers, and they laugh because of his happy mood while telling the joke. Squidward starts to get mad at Mini Squid for stealing his joke. A lady wants to give Mini Squid a $300 tip. Squidward takes his hat and his job back, but Mr. Krabs tells him that he prefers Mini Squid because he is making him plenty of money and changes Squidward's job to dishwasher.
Soon, Mini Squid starts impressing the customers with some dance moves. Squidward realizes that they are his moves and starts to dance, but the customers are not impressed since Mini Squid is dancing for their pleasure and having fun doing it while the real Squidward is both being a bad sport and trying to hog the spotlight. Mini Squid and the customers soon start dancing like jellyfish. Finally reaching his breaking point, Squidward rages at Mini Squid for stealing his life and starts squeezing him, bashing him, stomping him, and mauling him.
Suddenly, a man tells Squidward to stop mauling the head of his "new client." Squidward realizes the man is a producer that represents his favorite clarinet player. Squidward thinks he was there to sign him up, but the producer takes Mini Squid. He is offering Mini Squid a $1,000,000 contract and a sequined suit. Squidward tries to impress him but fails, with the agent essentially telling him that he will never become famous. SpongeBob bids goodbye to his new friend.
In the end, Squidward starts to sob because Mini Squid stole his dream, but realizes he will never see him again. SpongeBob then picks up a wooden, mini-version of himself. The two start laughing after each other, much to Squidward's dismay.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Morning, Squidward!"]
‣ Four & Three - Harold Geller [Squidward gardening]
• Royal Chamber Music - Nicolas Carr ["Ah, the blank canvas."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, Squidward, wanna play?"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward paints "NO" on the canvas]
• Royal Chamber Music - Nicolas Carr [Squidward reading a book]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob jumps out of the book]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wha...?"]
‣ Shock Horror (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward screams]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [SpongeBob wants to play games with Squidward]
• Steel Licks 21 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hello, Squidward."]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Mini Squidward introduced/SpongeBob playing charades with Mini Squidward]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["See... 'cause... they're both... Krabby."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab with Mini Squidward]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm starting to like this Mini Squidward."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Order up, Mini Squid!"]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [Squidward growls]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [$300 tip]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What?!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Squidward reassigned to busboy]
‣ Barber of Seville - Gioacchino Rossini, George Wilson [Mini Squidward dances]
‣ Thieving Magpie Overture - Gioacchino Rossini, George Wilson [Mini Squidward dances]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Talk about no talent!"]
‣ Barber of Seville - Gioacchino Rossini, George Wilson [more dancing]
‣ Thieving Magpie Overture - Gioacchino Rossini, George Wilson [more dancing]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns ["He stole my jokes, he stole my job... He stole my standing ovation!"]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (f) - Wilfred William Burns [Squidward beats up Mini Squidward]
‣ Witty Fellow - Gerhard Trede [Milo J. Finkerfish]
• Squid Wood Clarinet - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Witty Fellow - Gerhard Trede ["Yeah, right, kid."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Squidward cries]
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob made Mini SpongeBob]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Season 4 Volume 2, First 100 Episodes, Complete Fourth Season, The Third & Fourth Seasons, 2-Season TV Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, From the Beginning, Pt.2, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies (Turkish) DVDs.
- "Squid Wood" was ranked #53 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- This episode was released on the Season 4 Volume 2 DVD box set, before it aired on American television.
- Two clips of this episode were shown three weeks before it aired in the U.S.
- This was the only season 4 episode that premiered in the NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW Week marathon.
- This is the only season 4 episode to premiere with the TV-Y7 rating, while most season 4 episodes were rated TV-Y before the rating changed on April 1, 2007.
- The title card background is identical to "The Paper" except the background is cyan.
- This episode was paired up with "The Krusty Sponge" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "The Pink Purloiner."
- In this episode, SpongeBob demonstrates his ability to change form. He turns into:
- a piece of paper
- a flower
- a drill
- a phone
- The music that plays as "Mini-Squidward" dances is "The Thieving Magpie (La gazza ladra) Overture" by Gioachino Rossini.
- To distract the customers from the better talent of Mini Squidward, Squidward walks in a way similar to the Goose-step.
- This is the third episode where a Squidward puppet is seen. The first is "The Paper" and the second is "Wormy."
- In the German dub, this episode is titled "Mini-Thaddäus."
- In the Greek dub, this episode is titled "Μίνι-Καλαμάρης."
- In the French dub, this episode is titled "Mini-Carlo."
- In Spanish-speaking countries, this episode is titled "Mini-Calamardo."
- In the Netherlands, this episode is titled "Mini-Octo."
- In the Croatian dub, this episode is titled "Mini Marko."
- In the Poland dub, this episode is titled "Mini-Skalmar."
- These all mean "Mini-Squidward."
- This and its sister episode "The Pink Purloiner" aired on MTV on January 2016. This is notable because SpongeBob SquarePants episodes are rarely aired on that channel.
- This is the only episode where the fish "swim".
- This was the last episode of season 4 aired.
- "Sleeping Sea Lions" is a reference to the game Sleeping Lions.
- Duck-Duck Hermit Crab is a reference to the game Duck, duck, goose.
- "Squidward Says" is a reference to the game Simon Says.
- 12 Angry Jellyfish is a reference to 12 Angry Men.
- The song Squidward plays on the clarinet to Milo at the end of the episode is "Bibbidi-Babbidi-Boo" from the 1950 Disney film "Cinderella".
- The Clammy Awards is a parody of the Grammy Awards.
- In an instantaneous moment before the title card starts, the seagulls in the theme song can be heard.
- When SpongeBob appears outside of Squidward's window, there is no shade, but Squidward pulls down a shade in the next scene. When he gets out of the bathtub, the shade is gone again.
- Squidward's bathroom is upstairs, hence the window that SpongeBob peeked in, so it would have been impossible for SpongeBob to drill up to the second floor.
- In one scene, when Patrick sees SpongeBob's puppet, SpongeBob's pineapple is red instead of orange.
- When the Krabby Patties are on the grill, they already have their buns, condiments, and everything else that usually goes on a finished hamburger, after it is off of the grill.
- Sandals asks Mini Squidward for eight-dozen Krabby Patties, but he only receives six.
- When Nancy Suzy Fish wants to give Mini Squidward $300, the latter's eyes are white. In the next scene, his eyes are back to yellow again.
- When a close-up of Mini Squidward playing the clarinet is shown, one side of SpongeBob's shirt is yellow instead of white.
- In a scene when Squidward gets angry at Mini Squidward, Incidental 92's skin is purple.
- In the Welsh dub, Luke Brookshier, Tom King, and Steven Banks are all listed as writers of this episode, even though none of them wrote this episode. Brookshier and King are also erroneously listed as storyboard directors.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|